Clubplanet Nightlife Community

HotJobs.com ????

Originally posted by joeydollaz:

i use monster.com everyday ..... i think its easier than hotjobs.... check it out ..

I didn't like Monster.com. It seemed like it was mostly headhunters and recruitment agencies. A friend mentioned HotJobs so I checked it out and prefer it. I've gotten a couple of calls from companies, but I have never actually sent/emailed out my resume.

They give the option to include a cover letter, but a friend told me they don't even look at that when you apply online.

------------------

pc.GIF

When companies ask for cover letters I usually write a little paragraph in the email I send them. I include what I've been doing, why I am interested in the opening, and how much I want to make. Short and sweet usually. I've actually gotten a job from hotjobs at a company called Venture Direct...I don't suggest you working for them though. Right Rick...lol.

Good Luck! cwm29.gifcwm29.gifcwm29.gif

------------------

"Up all night...sleep all day."

AIM - E123NYC

IntroLogoM.jpg

I've found 3 of my last 4 jobs through Monster.com; however, it looks to be more like a headhunter-type site now than in previous years.

Here are some other decent techie job sites:

http://www.dice.com http://www.nynma.org/jobs/ http://www.computerjobs.com http://www.techiegold.com

------------------

-=Vejita=-

"Live through the week. Live for the weekend."

AIM: vvRMR , EMAIL: vejita1975@hotmail.com

IMHO, you should use all of them. In the past, I have used:

Hotjobs

Monster

Headhunter.net

Careerbuilder.com

Careerfinder.com

But the best results have been achieved when a headhunter got to know me, and set me up for interviews they thought I would be appropriate for.

If you need some good headhunters, besides boa_boy, send me a PM.

I'm looking now too now, so I'm talking to my headhunters every day.

Good luck!

------------------

furnace.gif

my question is HotJobs doesn't give you a name, number or fax contact but rather this space to cut and paste your resume. Is that what you do b/c when I tried it, the thing gets all beat up and torn apart. How do you get your rsume in that box or whatever without fucking it up. Maybe I'm just not that comp. savy but someone answer me this please.

Originally posted by cesarleo:

my question is HotJobs doesn't give you a name, number or fax contact but rather this space to cut and paste your resume. Is that what you do b/c when I tried it, the thing gets all beat up and torn apart. How do you get your rsume in that box or whatever without fucking it up. Maybe I'm just not that comp. savy but someone answer me this please.

Hey Justin...good seeing you, albeit for 1 minute, at Howells/Junior...

I think Monster wants your resume in plain text, so if you cut and paste from Word, it won't work right. I will be getting to Monster later, I haven't updated my stuff in a long time there. And I just got unemployed...so I will know ALOT by the end of the week...

Also, NYNMA.org has alot of jobs on it...

-Dennis

------------------

furnace.gif

Guest danwang

I like HotJobs, at least a lot better than Monster... used it to get my current job! Got the email about the opening on a Wednesday night, viewed the details, and responded to it that night, got called on Thursday, interviewed on Friday, got the offer on Monday! It doesn't always happen like this, but it could, perhaps even for the job you want.

I didn't use a cover letter, but it might be good to have one (or at least know what to write) if the company requires it, or if you feel that your resume doesn't tell enough about you.

Many of the best known companies post there, and you'll have direct access to them. You'll see a lot less of recruiters, if that's your preference.

There's also a job agent email that searches for postings matching your interests (geographical, type of job, type of industry, etc) and if there's matches, will email you about them. In the email, each match will show the position name, the company, and a link to their site with detailed info.

[This message has been edited by danwang (edited 03-19-2001).]

Originally posted by cesarleo:

That part was a pain in the arse. I ended up doing mine in HTML.

------------------

pc.GIF

Originally posted by playboychick:

I didn't like Monster.com. It seemed like it was mostly headhunters and recruitment agencies. A friend mentioned HotJobs so I checked it out and prefer it. I've gotten a couple of calls from companies, but I have never actually sent/emailed out my resume.

They give the option to include a cover letter, but a friend told me they don't even look at that when you apply online.

yeah .. i just found hotjob a pain in teh ass to use ... maybe i'll check it out again on your suggestion ... good luck with teh job search ... maybe we shoud find a hobby we can do during teh day besides sit on here =) wanan go shopping with me now ?

------------------

Your ad here !

contact joeydollaz@aol.com