Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Need a favor from peeps with good ears.......

Hey guys,

Just looking for some feedback on a track I made.......nothing professional but I think it sounds okay and I'm asking anyone to give me constructive feedback if they have a few minutes......it's fairly progressive, with some breakbeat......I kinda like it......let me know if you can. Thanks...

It's here

Mikey

------------------

"Some I consider my girlfriends, and some I just consider" - John Bender

That has some very nice bit's in it. I love some of the trasitions.. is it loop software though?

Some nice panning effects on the noises on a big system that would sound cool.

You NEED a drum machine or a better one as the drums sound a little flat. You can pick one up for next to nothing..

But over all it's pretty dam fine.

------------------

I want to go out blazing..not fade away.

Trust in the currency of relationships, it's hard to earn but easy to loose - back2basics

b2b6.GIF

Hey, thanx fellas, very much appreciated.......p00h I wouldn't even consider it producing really......like b2b said, I'm only using software(thus the flat drums smile.gif) .......it's not bad to mess with but I think I maxed out its capabilities.....I've always wanted to really get into producing but I haven't had the time or the money........within the next year I'm gonna get my hands on some real equipment and see where my skills are really at.......I'm also hoping to run into someone with experience who could teach me a few things........that reminds me, JJ, we might need to make a visit to Rob G in the future...... wink.gif Anyone else??

Mikey

------------------

"Some I consider my girlfriends, and some I just consider" - John Bender

i have been waiting for you guys to come over and fool around on his shit. im still waiting to hear the remix of shaft. hehe well you let me knwo when and ill set it up.

------------------

chickn4.gif

A ho don't make a housewife.

every man dies not every man lives.

AOL J303J

Originally posted by mattyparsons:

very impressive dude.

by the way, WHEN THE FUCK AM I GONNA SEE YOU AGAIN? it's been since what? dt/cc party?

shit, hope you'll be at warren this friday.

thanx matty.......yea, seriously, it's been a while.......unfortunately, I won't be at Twilo this Friday.......leaving for the WMC that afternoon.......be back just in time for the anniversary on the 30th though.......I'll assume you'll be there otherwise I'll have to come down there and drag you to Twilo(I know I won't have to though)..... smile.gif

Mikey

------------------

"I don't want a piece....I want the whole thing....." - Bob Barker

bumpity.......I know there are more music critics on this board who would give a few minutes.......it would really help....thanx. smile.gif

Mikey

------------------

again, impressive, tyco. there are parts i really like and parts i don't like. i could give you my bit-by-bit analysis, but i dunno if you care to hear

have an awesome time at wmc! you're going to miss Nick Warren (unless you're going to the Ultra party); i'll be sure to rub it in when i see you at my first S&D

------------------

rocks2.jpg got crack?

IM: schnobium

Originally posted by deanna11:

again, impressive, tyco. there are parts i really like and parts i don't like. i could give you my bit-by-bit analysis, but i dunno if you care to hear

have an awesome time at wmc! you're going to miss Nick Warren (unless you're going to the Ultra party); i'll be sure to rub it in when i see you at my first S&D

thanx deanna......as a matter of fact, I would like to hear a bit-by-bit analysis..... wink.gif(PM me if you want)......I'm a bit more upset about missing Sander than Warren to be honest......but all will be made up with extra credit in SoBe.......if you can rub it in, I can smush it......see you at S&D.......

Mikey

------------------

Hey Tyco i really recomend getting a Roland MC303 as a starter. You get a easy to use sequencer, 4 drum kits (808 & 909 being the most important), and about 500 different sounds. You have real time modify effects as well so you can do those nice 303 acid effects.

The sounds arn't as good as dedicated stuff but it's a really good starter. And it will alway stay with you because you can take it anywhere and just lay down ideas on it.

You can make a dance track in a few minutes, it's a little more involved than loop software but it's good fun and great to play live as you can just take out channels and drop them back in etc.

------------------

I want to go out blazing..not fade away.

Trust in the currency of relationships, it's hard to earn but easy to loose - back2basics

b2b6.GIF

<-- irritated that I am at work and unable to check it out.. ChaCha's full review later...

- Cuban B -

P.S. So, when did ya want that first voice lesson? wink.gif hehe

------------------

meli.jpg

"This is not political - it's just that I demand attention when I walk into the room..." -- Nelly Furtado

AIM: MeliChaCha

Considering the fact that you were only using software, that was damn good. You most definitely have a lot of potential, and I like your timing as far as laying in the break-beats. As far as constructive criticism goes, I always love when a DJ takes two sounds that I would never concieve of putting together and creates some funk-ass beat to my delightful surprise- so, when you get the right equipment, try to work on your variety of beats and sounds (of course, i know this is probably common sense.) cwm26.gifcwm26.gifcwm26.gif

Julie

P.S. I noticed the file was transferred from Columbia- do you go there?- cuz I graduated last May.

------------------

"Spontaneity is the key to spice in life"

"Music makes the world go 'round...so keep it spinnin!"

AIM: Jewel44317

b2b - thanx my friend......it's funny I was actually checking out some equipment on dancetech.com and I ran into the MC303.....it seemed like a good place to start.....plus it has become apparent to me that Roland makes solid products.......once I start my job I'll probably pick one up..... smile.gif

melichacha - I think I have to quit smoking before I can even attempt to let a note fly out of my mouth......I want that review too..... wink.gif

jewel - thanx for listening! I'm glad you like it.......yea, the software is real limited so I don't think much more can come of it but I'll be acquiring some equip soon.... smile.gif oh, and yea, I am a senior @ Columbia right now(grad in May).......huh, now isn't that interesting.......in fact, I knew a good amount of people who graduated with you, I wonder if we know some of the same people? I'm on the soccer team so I knew a lot of those guys among other.....I wonder.....

Mikey

------------------