Clubplanet Nightlife Community

A musical tragedy/ ATTN:Russ Reign

HI

my name is steve and i am from Australia so you might be wondering why i am posting somthing on an NY message board but all will be explained. I have recently seen Sasha and Digweed (on new years eve). They played a fucking brilliant trance remix of Kosheens track "Hide You" and aparently it is by a New York music writer/DJ? called John Creamer. The story i heard about this track is that he (Creamer)took the remix to Kosheens label (i think their label is called Moksha) and they did not like it so it was never released properly,only a few bootleg vinyls were made.

I thik that this is nothing short of a musical tragedy. The track is being played world wide and everyone who has heard it loves it and yet Moksha never released it do they have any idea of its impact?? why? why? why?. They should just license the track to someone else and let them release it???

Anyway a freind of mine found a post on this board about it heres a link to the original disscusion: http://bbs.clubplanet.com/ubb/Forum9/HTML/003348.html

basicly i am apealing to anyone who knows this track to please contct me even if its just to say you know the song!. I am willing to pay for a CD R of this song and i will pay for shiping/whatever else etc. if anyone has it and would be willing to send me a copy(normally id be against riping cd's buts its a special case!!)

If anyone has the track please let me know (and to Russ Reign please contact me i want this song BAD) via e-mail.

Another thing is that i have created an e-mail addres and anyone who wants to see this track released should send an e-mail with the subject "I want Hide U" and their details (for example Steve Dobson,USA,Boston Masechusettes). I will collect these e- mails and when i have a few hundered i will send Moksha (thats Kosheens record company)an e-mail about the whole thing and try and get them to release the track. Or even just to licenxe it to an Ausie record company who will release it. The addres to send this e-mail to is:

wewanthideu@start.com.au

my personal e-mail is

scheve@start.com.au please e-mail me about this or reply to this message

Thanks a lot and see ya later

Steve

Steve -

<<<I have recently seen Sasha and Digweed (on new years eve). They played a fucking brilliant trance remix of Kosheens track "Hide You" and aparently it is by a New York music writer/DJ? called John Creamer.>>>

Well. Im not so sure the mix you're talking about is John Creamer's... his mix is def not trance, it's slow and deep... kind of DT style...

There are some other unsigned remixes floating around on the track, so maybe that was one of them...

As for "Hide You" in general, it was liscensed in the US by Peter Rauhoffer's label, *69... Im pretty sure that Creamer's mix will be coming out on that vinyl, as well as a mix that is in the works by Mike Macaluso...

As for hooking you up with the track, Id love to, but it's not my decision to make (not my track, know what I'm sayin?) But the vinyl shoudl be out in less than a month with teh new remixes...

Hope this helps...

RR

------------------

Upcoming Gigs:

3/10 - Pure, Detroit MI

3/17 - Club Deep, LI

3/24 - Shadow Lounge, Miami

3/31 - Arena, Albany NY

www.djrussreign.com

NY METS 2000 NL CHAMPS!

Hi Russ and thanks for the help. Can you give me some more info on this *69 label (a web site or anything would be great) though??? |I would like to contact them amd ask if creamers remix will be on this upcoming vinal.

Also just to make sure that the track i want is the creamer mix ill describe it a bit: its fairly slow, very minimal, and besides the vocals there is no main melody the main thing about it is that it builds up so much its amazing. The person who originaly told me what this remix was had spoken to Digweed and aparently he said it was done by "John somone" so im pretty sure its creamers mix i am after Also whats "DT style" mean???

one last question was the original creamer remix a bootleg? and are there any around??? is the one you have a bootleg???

thanks again

Steve

cwm1.gif

Yep, the song you're describing sounds like the John Creamer mix, def not trance, but that sounds like his mix alright...

*69 is Peter Rauhoffer's label, Im not sure if they have a website or anything...

As for the track being a bootleg, nah, I was given a copy on CD by a producer friend of mine who is really close with John... To my knowledge John's mix was never pressed to record, although I know the original Jungle version was...

As far as being DT style, I mean something Tenaglia would play... Slow, deep, lacking signature NY synth riffs and buildups...

RR

------------------

Upcoming Gigs:

3/10 - Pure, Detroit MI

3/17 - Club Deep, LI

3/31 - Arena, Albany NY

www.djrussreign.com

NY METS 2000 NL CHAMPS!

Thanks Marcella smile.gif Did you happen to hear me and JT's remix of castles in the sky? If so what did you think of it?

Originally posted by vampienyc10:

Sorry to interrupt here but just wanted to tell ya Russ that you did a great set on Saturday night.. cwm32.gif

------------------

Upcoming Gigs:

3/10 - Pure, Detroit MI

3/17 - Club Deep, LI

3/31 - Arena, Albany NY

www.djrussreign.com

NY METS 2000 NL CHAMPS!

Originally posted by russ reign:

Thanks Marcella smile.gif Did you happen to hear me and JT's remix of castles in the sky? If so what did you think of it?

Yes I did..Although my boyfriend REALLY loved it.. I was like DAMN!! lol ..We were driving when it came on and he just went for the volume !!.. It was great !!

------------------

AIM vampienyc10

e-mail: vampie@aol.com

Originally posted by steved:

Hi Russ and thanks for the help. Can you give me some more info on this *69 label (a web site or anything would be great) though??? |I would like to contact them amd ask if creamers remix will be on this upcoming vinal.

Also just to make sure that the track i want is the creamer mix ill describe it a bit: its fairly slow, very minimal, and besides the vocals there is no main melody the main thing about it is that it builds up so much its amazing. The person who originaly told me what this remix was had spoken to Digweed and aparently he said it was done by "John somone" so im pretty sure its creamers mix i am after Also whats "DT style" mean???

one last question was the original creamer remix a bootleg? and are there any around??? is the one you have a bootleg???

thanks again

Steve

cwm1.gif

hey Steve, good to see another Australian posting! I've been in NYC from Sydney for about a month....whereabouts you from? because of Visa hiccups I started posting on this board 7 months b4 I eventually arrived lol........closer to home FYI .....wwww.inthemix.com.au is a useful site!

good luck with the search BTW

------------------

If only he'd use his power for good instead of evil............... boa_boy@yahoo.com

Hi everyone

is Creamers "Hide U" mix the kind of stuff Danny Tengelia plays? if so i need to go to NY and see him Russ Reign and Prince Quick Mix. Also is this deep and slow sounding kinda stuff an NY thing? (like are there other songs that sound like the Cremaer Mix? it sorta reminds me of Victor Caldrone)

I cant belive that creamers mix was not on vinyl IT SOUNDED SO GOOD ON A CLUB SOUND SYSTEM im surprised~! and to Boa Boy im from Sydney

One last thing. Another thing that Digweed did was to play the vocals from Robert Owens classic "ill be your freind" over a long mix of Danny Tengelias Track "elements" it was so tight i thought it was a remix(just thought you might be interested Russ)

Dannny plays a lot of John Creamer's stuff, although I havent been able to get to Vinyl in the last month or so, so I'm not sure exactly what tracks he's been rocking lately...

I wouldn't say that that deep, slow thing is all that New Yorky, most NY DJs and crowds are into hard, progressive stuff at the moment... But, maybe that is starting to change, cause more people are def starting to feel the "good" stuff smile.gif

------------------

Upcoming Gigs:

3/10 - Pure, Detroit MI

3/17 - Club Deep, LI

3/31 - Arena, Albany NY

www.djrussreign.com

NY METS 2000 NL CHAMPS!

Sorry To interrupt But Russ you mentioned a jungle version of Hide U, Is there any way I can get a hold of it or hear it? I love that song and Jungle is my favorite so it must be amazing!!

------------------

piss.gif

Forget the gold I want the pot at the end of the rainbow...

cwm1.gif

Hey pulsdriver

if your looking for the jungle remix of "Hide U" you should have no trouble finding it. When i first started searching for the Creamer mix i called almost every record shop in Australia (well all the ones in Melbourne,Sydney and Brisbane anyway) and they all mentioned a jungle remix. So i'll find out the name of the person who did it and get back to you

wow this is weird now im helping somone find a track! this whole thing will only be complete when i get John Creamers Mix cwm1.gif

Hey Russ. Sorry to drop in from Cleveland like this, but is there any chance you might swing through my hometown during 2001? There's quite a few of us in this nine-county city who'd love to hear one of your sets.

Let me know and I'll do my best to hook you up with some of the Downtown clubs.

cwm17.gif

------------------

Erick Adam "E-rock" Sanders

Hey - I'd love to play in Cleveland... If you can get a contact just tell hime to call my manager, Ernie Sierra @ Track Central Booking... 212 921 2190 x 140...good lookin out smile.gif

To answer the other question, I'm not sure who did teh Jungle mix of "Hide You" but I know the artist is Kosheen...

Hope that helps...

Originally posted by Erock2000:

Hey Russ. Sorry to drop in from Cleveland like this, but is there any chance you might swing through my hometown during 2001? There's quite a few of us in this nine-county city who'd love to hear one of your sets.

Let me know and I'll do my best to hook you up with some of the Downtown clubs.

cwm17.gif

------------------

Upcoming Gigs:

3/31 - Arena, Albany NY

4/7 - Pure, Detroit

4/14 - Deep, Long Island

4/21 - Arena, Albany NY

4/28 - Webster Hall, NYC

www.djrussreign.com

NY METS 2000 NL CHAMPS!

Hi

could anyone tell me where i can find some of John Creamers stuff??? the only song of his i have been able to locate is his remix of "love in traffic" wich is on the "GU 019 LA" CD . What label is he on? does he write music under an alias?. I have searched satilite records for him and its come up whith nothing.

Also Russ can you give me the name and phone number of an NY record store i can call about this upcoming release on *69.

I have not been able to find anything on "Peter Rauhoffer" or "*69" through web searches. Does anybody have any ideas where i should look for this sort of info?

Last but certinly not least! where can i check out some of your remixes or tunes, Russ? I am very interested.

(PS sorry if this is draging on a bit)

Thanks again Steve cwm5.gif

You can call Satellite Records in NYC at 212 780 9305 or Beyond Bass (Johnny Vicious' Store) at 212 677 4959, they should be able to help you out...

As far as John Creamer, one of his most popular releases was "Lift Up The Needle" which came out a couple years ago (can't remember the label off hand.) It's a lot different than his current style though...

Recently he did a mix of Celeda's "Underground," and a track with Lula that I think is called "The DJ, The Music, an Me"

As for my own stuff, Im pretty wary of putting anything on the web for fear of piracy, but if you PM me ur address Ill hook u up with a CD...

------------------

Upcoming Gigs:

3/31 - Arena, Albany NY

4/7 - Pure, Detroit

4/14 - Deep, Long Island

4/21 - Arena, Albany NY

4/28 - Webster Hall, NYC

www.djrussreign.com

NY METS 2000 NL CHAMPS!

cwm1.gif Hi

Pulsedriver, you were looking for a jungle version I think youl find that its on the original Kosheen single titled "Hide U/Empty Skies" (on Moksha records) though im not totaly sure. Sorry i couldnt be more specific, hope this helps

Steve