Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Any one in here dig the Asian Underground (or sounds influenced by..)

And no I'm not reffering to the Bleachers in Twilo Fridays (That's a total different Asian underground).

I'm talkn about SOUNDZ from the asian underground..ie..beatz with Indian or Japanese samples..Tablas etc..

I think it's a beautifull fussion with electronic music. In any Ganra!

I fully dig remixes by Talvin Simgh and the likes..Goa has alot of that flavore but I've even heard some preaty dope Trance sets where someone will mix in an Indian chant or Zitar..

I think it kinda takes the music to a more mystical wordly level..

Anyone agree..?

Hate that kinda stuff?

Here's a sample (some tracks suck but there is an entire world of Bangra beat and Asian techno out there that is just waiting to enter the dance floors in a phat mix.)

this is just a taste-------------->

http://www.desisound.com/html/the_sounds.html

Mugwump...

I'm into that stuff too...as well as the new bossa sound...updated Brazilian jazz funk fusion.

You should check out Organic Grooves...they throw tribal parties once a month or so. www.organicgrooves.com

Also, there is another party called Mutiny that is Indian/drum and bass oriented.

Sneha, what was the website for this?

g'luck Mugwump, I'll let you know if I'm going to any of these.

------------------

furnace.gif

Originally posted by furnace:

Mugwump...

I'm into that stuff too...as well as the new bossa sound...updated Brazilian jazz funk fusion.

You should check out Organic Grooves...they throw tribal parties once a month or so. <A HREF="/cgi-bin/redir.cgi?url=http://www.organicgrooves.com" TARGET=_blank>www.organicgrooves.com</A>

Also, there is another party called Mutiny that is Indian/drum and bass oriented.

Sneha, what was the website for this?

g'luck Mugwump, I'll let you know if I'm going to any of these.

Yea..I've seen organic grooves many times. My fav was on the Frying pan. Theyre def cool..

Basanova stuff is cool to chill to or at a Lounge but for the dance scene I like Goa. Heavier and veeery fast.

The energy level of Goa is intense and can't be compared to anything else.

However the stuff i posted was a bit more on the D&B side of things..You should check out a great record label called six degrees. It's got a little bit of everything. (Except the Goa stuff. You have to go to a Tsunami party to really experience that!)

actually, mugwump, the name Goa comes from the fact tht this psychedelic form of music first emerged in goa, India, around the mid-to-late 80`s I think, and definitely during the early 90`s when it was almost fully developed, and under the influence of the full moon parties in Goa at the time.

Started mostly by Israeli ex-army people that were looking for a haven to escape the frustrations of war, they found in their search the heavily portuguese influenced state of Goa in India, a place that was paradise for the hippies of the 60`s and 70`s and leading up to even the 80`s and now. This was a place that was cheap, quite removed from the rest of India, and one that offered an escape from authority and a relatively free drugs environment. It became part of India only in 1969, and still continues to retain a bit of the portuguese influence.

Admittedly, Goa, or psy-trance is heavily influenced by tribal beats and the fluoro art used often projects Indian Gods and Goddesses, but the name came from the fact that it was STARTED in goa, not the reason you stated.

On another note, more than 50 % of the goa trance produced even now comes from Israel, which alongwith places like Hamburg in Germany is one of the places where it continues to be the most popular.

Nowadays, there is an increasing shift towards calling goa psy-trance, mainly because it has now spread to all locations in the world, though I don`t think the name matters one way or another.

BTW, U ever made the trip down to Goa?