Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Trance in Twilo?

I;m listening to Ferry Corsten's Trance Nation and wanted to know if anyone knows if they play trance like that at Twilo or any other big club in nyc. If you know Trance Nation and you know a club that plays that I would be grateful. thx

I'm not familiar with that CD, but I do know that the music at Twilo varies a LOT! You get people like Carl Cox who just blow you away with the energy in the tracks he picks (mostly hard house) or you get the Trance-y feeling of PVD afterhours. It varies from artist to artist and night to night. I'm sure other people will say something different, but this is just my opinion. Check it out if you ever get the chance, I've never experienced anything like a GOOD Twilo night anywhere else in the world.

------------------

Carlos

"If the doors of perception were cleansed everything would appear to man as it truely is, infinite." -William Blake

True, true Twilo has trance and then some..

Best bet to check out what Twilo can sound like is to pick up some sasha and digweed Cd's. PVD, Seb Fontain, Anthony Pappy and if you like gayer stuff (but not bashing it..just more "Diva" gay style shit)

check out Twilo's Cd with Junior Vasquez.

But believe me...Trance can vary alot! So it's not always the same sound.

depends on what kind of trance yr looking for..

as put to me recently (and i think it sums it up very well): twilo would rather promote ecstacy than acid.....

try cream this friday (w/ dj divine- $10 if u get on the list)- for a pretty chilled vibe and great music....or the roxy for somethin a little mo' yardcore....

It would be nice if Ferry Corsten did come to NYC.

I handed him a note while he was spinning at Eden in Ibiza last summer. It said "Will you ever come to NY and spin at Twilo?"

He showed the note to his friend who was standing next to him and they both laughed and smiled at me.

So I really didn't get a straight answer. But at least the question was asked. And he his sets are much less cheesy in person than some of his anthemy cds.

bindra doesn't really care for the epic trance scene ala corstein, tiesto, taucher etc. pvd's the only trancer twilo gets, and thats cuz he's Mr. Moneybags for twilo. Other than that its strictly a prog/tech house scene...

------------------

got drugs?

If you like his cds your best bet would be going to see Tiesto when he comes to town, or Paul Van Dyk.

You should check out Cream on Fridays too, but I think Mark Divine's music is a bit harder trance than Ferry Corsten- yet I am always impressed by Mark.

And if you're looking for more of Ferry's stuff look under one of his other aliases (System F).

PVD is pretty much the only Twilo resident who'll play trance "resembling" Trance Nation CD's. Other than that the Gatecrasher/Limelight parties are good for trance. You might want to try Taucher or Talla at Webster Hall.

------------------

A man who has attained complete mastery of an art reveals his presence of mind in every action.

I have all the Trance Nation.... Go to Sound Factory Saturdays.. I've heard the majority of songs played there..

Jonathon Peters is awesome!!!!!! Be prepared to dance your ass off.....................You'll dance the whole time you are there...

cwm30.gifcwm12.gifcwm7.gifcwm11.gif

------------------

LiViNg BeYoNd PeRfEcTiOn

Twilo has trance but you just have to go on the right day...PVD is not so "trance" anymore...Try to get to the next Gatecrasher at the Limelight...April 7 I believe. Also a little side note on Tiesto's website there are two weeks in May with " TOUR OF THE USA " on it!!!!!!!!!!

------------------

One time, One time, One time.....Thats all you get! Have fun!!!!

shit, if yr lookin for epic trance w/ all the top 40s come to liquids (10th b/w 1 & a) this thursday for sigmond's party (free)....bring yr friends and be sure to sign the mailing list...

and if yr looking for quality- once again- divine @ cream (72 & columbus): fri