Clubplanet Nightlife Community

The Eyebrow Raise...

what is it about walking by someone in a hallway that always compels them to raise their eyebrows at you?

I too find myself falling into the trap and to combat the problem have adopted the practice of "floor staring"

i've noticed a few other techniques such as the "i'm focusing on something thats behind you and you just happen to be in the way". This is not generally to popular as it takes big cajones to stare directly at the other w/o even acknowleding they exist

or the ever so popular "roll eyes into back of my head and pretend to concentrate on something very important"

on rare occasion i've seen practice of the "rub eyes w/ hands like i'm in a tylenol commercial and have a migraine". as a side note on this one, i suggest practicing it before utilizing it in a game situation as it is not easy to perfect.

if you really start to panic and think the confrontation will be overwhelming, the last resort is to pretend to have forgotten something at your prior location and turn around... the gestures here are *very* important- hand to the forehead, *sigh*, and possibly throw in some mumbling about how absent minded you are.. **remember** articulation is key in this approach. but be sure to occasionally glance back at your counterpart casually, to prevent a following similar paths in which you actions become suspicious, and a chase may ensue.. at this point, only to be used in emergency situation as such, go for the elevator.. you can ride it down a few floors, get off, then ride it down a few more.. if done correctly this will make it appear as if some particular job was being completed..

but if you choose to continue using the "eyebrow raise" continue to practice the other methods in your spare time... b/c there will come a point when the skin will become so loose that the "ripple affect" from the "eyebrow raise" will cause the counter"bugged out eyes" affect from your adversary, at which point you will be consummed w/ thoughts of "omg why is he/she looking at me that way?? do they know i'm stealing office supplies??"

in any case, rememeber.. the one thing common to all these prescribed methods, the key lies in self absorption

------------------

"People demand freedom of speech as a compensation for the freedom of thought which they never use" -Soren Kierkegaard

"People who know little are usually great talkers, while men who know much say little." -Rousseau

scream.gif

Originally posted by PFloyd40:

... the gestures here are *very* important- hand to the forehead, *sigh*, and possibly throw in some mumbling about how absent minded you are.. **remember** articulation is key in this approach...

LMAO cwm27.gif ...I just did that this morning!

------------------

"...I'll take my problems to the dance floor... let the music make my spirits sore..."

ROB I DIDNT EVEN READ THE POST AND I KNOW THAT THIS IS TOTALLY POINT LESS

------------------

TWILO'S WACK !!!! Sorry guys it is

"don't get attached to anything you're not willing to walk out on in 30 seconds flat if you spot the heat coming around the corner"

Robert Deniro

AIM:MSOPRANO13

Email: msoprano13@yahoo.com

Ganster-01.gif "IM GONNA MAKE YOU AN OFFER YOU CANT REFUSE" MSOPRANO13

Originally posted by msoprano13:

ROB I DIDNT EVEN READ THE POST AND I KNOW THAT THIS IS TOTALLY POINT LESS

isn't everything?

------------------

"People demand freedom of speech as a compensation for the freedom of thought which they never use" -Soren Kierkegaard

"People who know little are usually great talkers, while men who know much say little." -Rousseau

scream.gif