Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Who loves the NBA, or even just Allen Iverson?

My dogg is just sick. A.I. grew up in Hampton VA, and I saw him play in college at Georgetown. I knew he was gonna be ill, but now for the Sixers, he's straight ebola.

He can hit shots from anywhere, is one of, if not the quickest players in the league, and is an incredible competitor. Dude has like 15 injuries and goes out there and gives 110% every single night. He's like buck fifty-five, and 6' tall, giving Shaq, Duncan, and anyone else who trys to stop him headaches.

The whole league is tight, tho. Some old fans don't like the direction it's headed, but you've got stars who aren't even 25 (T-Mac, Vince, Kobe) who are takin over. These guys are the "hip-hop" generation, not the high-sock ass tight short generation of our parents. Me and my boys bet on the games all the time. Now, if the Sixers could just win the championship....

What does everyone think? Who's your favorite players?

------------------

Talkin 'bout what we gon' be when we grow up/I said what you wanna be? She said alive/It made me think for a minute then looked in her eyes/I coulda died....

Iverson is an incredible player.... but on a personal level i think he is horrible. I was at the Laker/Sixer game on 2/14, and they were doing a tribute to Iverson for All Star MVP, i just can't clap for the guy. He makes millions and trillions of dollars, yet presents himself as an unprofessional thug. I think once you play "professional sports" you should learn to carry yourself as a "professional"... you dont call heckling fans "homo's" nor do you put out music that degrades homosexuals or women. it's not like he needed to cash and HAD to become a rapper. don't get me wrong, he is the best thing to happen to the sixers, i just think he needs some smoothing around the edges. it's sad but if he isnt in the game, we don't win.

ps.. i think Matumbo (spelling?) is a big goof.

I was at the Sixers game last night. Man, that sucked when TMac hit that shot. I though AI's 3 pt. play at the end would def. clinch our 50th win of the year.

It was a great game though. Sixer taking it this year!

------------------

Live life every day as if it were your last!

Corporate

djcorporate@hotmail.com

Originally posted by PFloyd40:

many people *love* Wilt Chamberlain

like, over a thousand...

LOL!

I love Spree cuz he choked his coach, his dog attacks children, he played on a broken foot..."he's the American Dream"

------------------

I can't dream for us all I hope I'm in a better state when

Here & Now crumbles & falls...

Originally posted by cazz926:

LOL!

I love Spree cuz he choked his coach, his dog attacks children, he played on a broken foot..."he's the American Dream"

yep..

can't forget vince coleman either.. a model citizen if ever there was one..

i mean how many athletes can you name who personally give fireworks to children..

oh wait i'm sorry.. that should really say "personally *throws fireworks *AT* children"

------------------

"People demand freedom of speech as a compensation for the freedom of thought which they never use" -Soren Kierkegaard

"People who know little are usually great talkers, while men who know much say little." -Rousseau

scream.gif

Originally posted by nikilina:

Iverson is an incredible player.... but on a personal level i think he is horrible. I was at the Laker/Sixer game on 2/14, and they were doing a tribute to Iverson for All Star MVP, i just can't clap for the guy. He makes millions and trillions of dollars, yet presents himself as an unprofessional thug. I think once you play "professional sports" you should learn to carry yourself as a "professional"... you dont call heckling fans "homo's" nor do you put out music that degrades homosexuals or women. it's not like he needed to cash and HAD to become a rapper. don't get me wrong, he is the best thing to happen to the sixers, i just think he needs some smoothing around the edges. it's sad but if he isnt in the game, we don't win.

ps.. i think Matumbo (spelling?) is a big goof.

Ok, ma man makes millions, not trillions of dollarz. I don't know why he put out the rap album, you're right, he don't need the money, but if he likes to rap in his free time, he can do whatever he wants. Just like Eminem. He can say whatever he wants on wax, as you could. That's what makes America so great.

You don't have to clap for him at the games, but just by going to the game, you are paying his salary. And if some asshole in the crowd was calling me a "ni**er" or "monkey" or any racially derogratory thing, I'd probably say something too. Yeah, he has to try to be a role model. But those players take tons of shit from fans and don't say anything usually.

Now as for the "unprofessional thug" comment, he's just being himself. He is very professional in interviews, does charity, has a foundation that helps lots of kids. He does a lot for Philly in general. Now the thug thing: he's just himself. Is he a thug cause he gots cornrows and likes rap? Or cause he wears what he does? He ain't out killin nobody. He's just wearing and doin what makes him feel comfortable. He's got a wife and at least one daughter (maybe 2).

A.I. isn't perfect, and anyone who idolizes everything he does is a fool, just like anyone who idolizes anything that anyone does. But he's a damn good player, and I'm gonna support him. I'm glad he and Coach Brown are on good terms again. Peace.

------------------

Talkin 'bout what we gon' be when we grow up/I said what you wanna be? She said alive/It made me think for a minute then looked in her eyes/I coulda died....

many people *love* Wilt Chamberlain

like, over a thousand...

------------------

"People demand freedom of speech as a compensation for the freedom of thought which they never use" -Soren Kierkegaard

"People who know little are usually great talkers, while men who know much say little." -Rousseau

scream.gif

[This message has been edited by PFloyd40 (edited 03-29-2001).]