Clubplanet Nightlife Community

WMC reviews?

I'm not really going to write anything other than this: now I know why in my three years of living on South Beach I had not gone to a single WMC - I knew better. (Well I was also not as into music then but still) Every event was packed as hell, overpriced as hell, and overhyped even worse. All of you that had fun and enjoyed it - I am glad that you did, but I guarantee you that you'd love Miami even more when there's no special events going on because that's when you get to experience the local vibe without the mad crowds.

Just my $0.02.

------------------

it's funny until somebody gets hurt. and then it's even funnier.

you forget that many of us are in/have been in the industry, have friends down there, have hookups or whatever, even did events at many of the places -- not to mention, ENJOY being in the midst of these people (even crowds of them smile.gif....I and most of the ppl i know/talked to ended up spending almost nothing and didnt have to deal with crowds/lines..sure places were packed but good packed - ppl were very cool , friendly, weather was great, nothing could ruin it...im sure miami is amazing other times (prob goign to live there part time at some point) but this was an incredible week and is a great thing for the music industry....hope it stays in miami, coudlnt imagine it anywhere else!

------------------

xoxo "Drugs may be the wrong path...but at least its a scenic route!" xoxo

MissDiva19@aol.com

I have tons of friends in Miami, and for that matter I worked at Ultra and got myself and other people hooked up for free. My comment was that of "Yeah it was cool but it's better at other times", but if I had to pay for all that shit, I'd be downright pissed off and would have written something far harsher, as we all know I am capable of. Whatever, reread that part where I said "glad you liked it".

------------------

it's funny until somebody gets hurt. and then it's even funnier.

How can you say Miami is better at any other time of the year?!!?

Well, to each his own... thats number one, but seriously...

I spend almost 3-4 months a year in Miami, and I have been clubbing there for 4 years now... This past 2 weeks I finally realized, and am now convinced that it is not Summer, it's not Thanxgivin, it's not X-mas/Winter... The best fkn season to go clubbin in Miami is March! WMC to be precise... Nowhere else in the US do u have such a big selection of Top Notch Talent Every night in Every Club for 5 days in a row... Everyone who's hot in the industry is there during WMC. Not only that, but consider the fact that clubs are packed w ppl who really know what is going on, they are there for the DJ's, they are aware of the music, the dj and the talent... that just adds value to the crowd, the vibe is just in a higher note... During the off-season, clubs are generally not really packed, only tourists and some loclas, plus the percentage of random guests that don't really know where they are.. I don't mean to diss the local crowd or anything, but if there is one thing that needs to be worked on in the Miami clubscene is the Vibe... One thing's for sure, Miami definetely can be really fun at ANY point in time all year round because of sooooo many reasons, but WMC is really just off the hook!! plain amazing.

That's my two cents. cwm1.gif

------------------

Peace, Love & Twilo for Everyone!!!

Equaliser-01.gifSpeaker-02.gif

s_shot%202.jpgsaloop2.gifs_shot8.jpg

Too CO'd for a real review --- gimme a couple days...

But I will say that OMG, Ultrafest was the best rave/festival I think I've ever been too. Oakenfold, Deep Dish, Timo Maas, Jimmy Van M, Josh Wink, John Digweed, Nick Warren, Carl Cox, Paul Van Dyk... Who'm I forgetting? They were all freakin awesome! Esp. Diggers and Warren, IMO.

So many others from the other parties... Good god! Reviews to come.

Almost too CO'd for hugs,

BSG

------------------

Music... is alllll about the groove. Can you feel the groove? Listen...

blueskygirl@djcentral.com

aolim blueskygirl2001

mp3some> ditto bro... thats the one thing i cant stand bout living in sfla. last time dd was here-half the people in space had zero clue what they were listening to-sooo disappointing! that why i want to move back to ny and probably will. one week out the year is not enough to hold me over....