Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Spoony D at Twilo

Guest danwang

Guest danwang

First doing the Bedroom Dj thing at Bar-B, now Twilo... see Spoony D on his way to stardom, fame, and fortune... April 18!

Spoony, was your submission of a similar style as what you played at Bar-B last night? Or totally different? That set made me think of Centro-Fly (granted I've been there only once).

My CD was totally different. I submitted over the top epic trance mixed with techno. I intend to play Deep & tech house at Twilo, but that may change.

we'll see

thanks for coming out btw... I appreciate the support and kind words.

Originally posted by spoonyd:

My CD was totally different. I submitted over the top epic trance mixed with techno. I intend to play Deep & tech house at Twilo, but that may change.

we'll see

thanks for coming out btw... I appreciate the support and kind words.

where the FUCK is MY cd

rrrrrr

no support (or lovin, hehehe) from me till *i* get some shiiiiit smile.gif

*hugz*

good job hun!

luv,

brandie

------------------

brandiefinal.jpg

loves2cox@netscape.net

AIM: loves2cox

uhm, this is going to sound really bad

Do I know you guys and not know your names here? cwm3.gif

uh..... it's James. Don't sweat it.

------------------

Can you feel that rhythm moving through your system?

Congrats spoony.........I just listened to your Ep-Tech set and I'm very impressed to say the least........having not heard you live yet, I'll be there in full effect to get a taste.......just keep the A side facing the mats...... wink.gif

btw, the track around the 23rd minute mark is so nice.......see you soon.

Mikey

------------------

"I don't want a piece....I want the whole thing....." - Bob Barker

Guest danwang

Not finalist, but first of the second stringers babe.

2.5 hour opening set (9:00-11:30) Wednesday April 18th.

Do you think that's a better deal than what the non-winning finalists at the big spin-off get (only 1 hour)?

Btw, all should check out the featured event shown on Twilo's web site. I'm guessing there are flyers that look like this... has anyone seen any of the sort around?

I WANNA CD!!!!! can i have one?

bro, i know that you are gonna be famous one day. You have AMAZING talent, and i hope you kick some ass! cwm11.gif

------------------

-----"Embracing the goddess energy within yourselves will bring all of you to a new understanding, and value of life. A vision, that inspires you to live, and love, on planet earth. Like a priceless jewel, buried in dark layers of soil and stone.... earth radiates her brilliant beauty into the caverns of space and time. Perhaps you are aware of those who watch over your home. And experience in this place to visit, and play with reality. You are becoming aware of yourself...as a Game master.......... Trippintrance64sigcopy.jpglovepeacetwilo.jpg

AIM: fantom0680

A.RRiezgo@verizon.net <----- NEW E-MAIL ADDRESS!!!

Huge congrats, Spoony. :-)

And you were rockin' it last night!!!

-Oo

------------------

ooana.gif

"When the soul wishes to experience something, she throws an image of the experience out before her, and enters into her own image." -Eckhart

"I heard of a man that says words so beautiful that if he only speaks their name, women give themselves to him.

If I am dumb by your body while silence blossoms like tumors on our lips it is because I hear a man climb the stairs and clear his throat outside our door." - Leonard Cohen

brandie dearest, are you coming on Saturday? If yes, telephone me and remind me to bring you a CD okay?

okay.

no, but i will be home NEXT weekend for my BIRTHDAY!!

so you tell me about where your soon-to-be-famous-self-will-be . . . and i will call you via the soon-to-be-never-given-to-anyone-but-my-groupies-phone-number biggrin.gif

hehehe

*hugz*

luv,

brandie

------------------

brandiefinal.jpg

loves2cox@netscape.net

AIM: loves2cox

Ohhh shit.......I can't believe you dropped PPK's 'Resurrection' on that mix........now I know you're my style.......sorry but I just got so excited because that is a track I've like for a while and never heard any DJ touch it........wow.

Mikey

------------------

tyco - glad you liked it. that track is called "junkyard funk" don't remember who does it. I have it on an FM promo, don't know if it ever made it out. And you know my style - A side always down baby... gotta keep the trainspotters guessing.

danwang - I do think it's a bit of a better deal. Lower pressure, more time to relax and settle into a groove, still awesome exposure and the CHANCE TO PLAY TWILO (sorry, I can't help but scream every time I say that).

Al - I'm sure we can arrange something

Brandie - lemme know dear - you've got all my info. I'll being playing the Lep on Saturday.

Now you're making me wonder if I really shouldn't play trance at Twilo.

Originally posted by tyco:

Ohhh shit.......I can't believe you dropped PPK's 'Resurrection' on that mix........now I know you're my style.......sorry but I just got so excited because that is a track I've like for a while and never heard any DJ touch it........wow.

Mikey

Guest danwang

danwang - I do think it's a bit of a better deal. Lower pressure, more time to relax and settle into a groove, still awesome exposure and the CHANCE TO PLAY TWILO (sorry, I can't help but scream every time I say that).

B]

U doing main room or 2K Lounge (which I have yet to see open)?

I would considering nobody else plays trance there smile.gif

- Pete"mynewdjnameiskush"

cool.gif

------------------

------------------------

flash.gif

Upcoming shows:

Friday April 6th @ CREAM opening up for DJ Divine...Open bar 10-12 get there early so you can get drunk and think I sound good :)

Sat April 7th...The KOP Project starts its first Sat-of-the-month residency at Leopard Lounge 10pm - 4am Free - downstairs

My new web site...Version 1.06

http://www.naked-edge.com/schwinge.html

DJSchwinge@naked-edge.com

Kush Kush Kush Kush

Ha ha ha.......don't take my taste as completely representative of Twilo.......I consider my taste somewhat obscured.......many twiloheads wouldn't even like some of the stuff I really dig and the other way around.........I never like to get stuck into one genre........don't think too hard......be yourself dude.. smile.gif

MiKeY

------------------

2k1 lounge - ergo the desire to keep it housey. I'm very much of the mindset that the context has a lot to do with how music sounds. The lounge is not a space for trance music in my mind. It's all about bumpy sweaty house.

main floor? different story. I'd really open it up in there.

I think it has to do with lighting and ceiling height on the most part. It's hard to fly when you can only rise 2 feet.

dzadza, I'd have to go home, listen to the CD and dig through my crates. I could tell you what every album looks like if you want..

smile.gif

I think I'm going to do that tonight and post it.

I don't think any one person will know all of the tracks... it's pretty obscure stuff generally... ask tyco.

oh and mikey... I'll try to follow my vision.

dzadza, I'd have to go home, listen to the CD and dig through my crates. I could tell you what every album looks like if you want..

smile.gif

I think I'm going to do that tonight and post it.

That would be great. I really like Resurrection. I've never heard it mixed in a set. I'm very curious what the other ones are.

------------------

A man who has attained complete mastery of an art reveals his presence of mind in every action.

wait till I hit the mainroom petey smile.gif

Trance has a place, and it's not 9:30 on a

Wednesday. Imagine... you'd have to dose like right after work just to be in the right mindest. biggrin.gif

Originally posted by schwingep:

I would considering nobody else plays trance there smile.gif

- Pete"mynewdjnameiskush"

cool.gif