Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Just turned 18! What clubs are hot?

Guest dabiatchka

Guest dabiatchka

I turned 18 in Nov and I've only gone to Abys and another club in NY (non teen night) so can anyone tell me what clubs are hot AND WHAT NIGHTS TO go.

I am probably going Saturday and I don't really wanna head up to Abyss again.

Thanks

[This message has been edited by dabiatchka (edited 01-05-2001).]

first and foremost:

1) Know yourself

One must know themselves clearly to

grasp fulfillment and enlightment.

Are you a person looking to meet a hot

chic/guy. Or a person looking to just

hang with friends and dance.

2) What are your limits:

Are you willing to go beyond the monoton-

ous cacaphony of music and soberness

well OK in plain English..here's my advice:

I wish i knew if you were a girl or a guy, this way my advice would be more concise..but I'll approach this as if i was talking to a girl and a guy.

If you looking for great music...go to the last friday of each month at Twilo when they feature Sasha and John Digweed Great Dj from England.

notice...DJ magazine posted Nov. the 10 best dj in the WORLD

1) Sasha*

2) Paul Oakenfold

3) Digweed*

4) PVD (paul vandyke)*

5) Carl Cox*

6) Judge Jules

7) Danny Tenaglia

8) Fergie

9) Lisa Lashes

10) Danny Howl

p.s. this is not my opinion this is a report from DJ magazine...don't believe me, check it out for yourself.

* indicate dj that spin at twilo..PVD is my favorite and he'll be at twilo sometime next month..

If you looking for friendly environment where you can't even sit down for more than 5 minutes without someone sparking a conversation with you (they are not trying to pic you up/well maybe) but they are just extremely friendly peeps at an extremely cool environment..is Twilo...never been to a club so often and not once saw a person with a frown or saw fights or people getting kicked out..i go to abyss once and a while and there is much less people there but yet there always seems to be fights..

If your a girl and hate rude guys groping you without even talking to you first then I'd say stay clear of EXIT..and Abyss downstairs (LOL)...

SF I believe is now just 21 so I'd recomend it but unless you have fake it you just have to wait..and Jonathan Peters spin there every sat..he's my local dj fave for many years

if your a guy looking to hook up...well shit twilo is the shiiiiiit...it'll never let you down..Lots of peeps from outside US go there...they are very cool and easy goin'.

WARNING don't listen to ignorant peeps telling you twilo is a gay club...It's only gay on the afterhours of saturday nites but not every sat. Only when Junior spins..(which is almost every sat.)

notice i recomend friday nites especially last friday of the month..and it's 18 to party and 21 to drink casual wearing you could even wear jeans and sneakers...very relaxed cool club...

been 'round the world and i'll say twilo is the best out there..

p.s. TWILO was voted #1 best nite club in the world by 3 different magazines!!!

other clubs that are good

PARADOX (only when Davis G is spinning) don't know the age if it's 21 or 18? It's located at plainfield..

Hunka Bunka is ok..I think Wednesday nite is like abyss it's 18 and 21 to drink but not sure..I know Sat it's 21 for ladies and 23 or something like that for guys

The metro lounge and splash (don't know if that's still the name of it).

CREAM at 72nd st. ny, vinyl at hubert off greenwhich st. ny,

I'll say try on all the different shoes and you'll find you home...I know I found mine at twilo...

Peace I hope that helps..

and oh yeah great music...so to Sound Factory on 46 and 10 Saturday nites..get a fake ID if u have to ....big fan of Jonathan Peters..

Local good dj is Davis G. at Paradox. plainfield NJ..

take care and enjoy.....if u need any other help (u know what i mean) PM me..

Guest dabiatchka

Gambit thanks for the info. I'l definately have to try the suggestions out its probably the best way to find out anyways.

Oh and I am a girl thats mostly looking to dance and have a good time with a bunch of friends and if I meet someone there thats cool fine, but I'm not really lookin for a hook up.

happy birthday! if you really want to go out and go clubbin you're better off going to the city...better music, scene, but it's what you make of your nite out, ya know. since you're only 18 you can hit up sound factory, exit, twilo, twirl, limelite..if you need any info or questions you can email me. have fun and be safe!

luv ya

diVa cwm27.gif