Clubplanet Nightlife Community

notice all the newbies promoting the trance-it party?

Will you guys give it a break. First of all, i have been to this space in boken and IT SUCKS. THE SOUND SUCKS , AND SO DOES THE YUPPY CROWD, (IF THERE IS ONE) All you newbies posting should know that there is a promoter fourm for this propaganda. No one has ever heard of these djs except you "newbies" and an undergroud party in hoboken? I think all the real underground people are gonna be at twilo for cox and teneglia...and by the way,since you probably think what people like PAUL VAN DYKE spin is trance......IT IS NOT!!! And i am sure your fourm of "trance " is gonna be week and cheesy, thats why you are trying so hard to promote it. So why dont you stop wasting our time.

boy - you're just begging for a response so I will keep it mild.

my first question is - are you trying to write "forum" or "form" - I would assume the prior rather than the latter as it would make more sense - which you are not.

my second question is - why the drama - it truly is nonsensical.

did it occur to you that these djs might be bringing their own rigs and lights?

did it occur to you that a promoter might induce and draft a different crowd?

free your mind and ease your anger - let people have their party and decide for themselves - if you don't want to go - don't - but you certainly don't have to try to bring these people down nor the ones showing support...

p.s. a third question would be what a "newbie" is - i am 30 years old and have partied half my life - which takes us back to 1985 - the original limelight, emerald city, etc... - am i a "newbie" to the scene or just to this bash and trash board???

[This message has been edited by nickpapas (edited 01-09-2001).]

Originally posted by Wise Ass:

Look at the registration date of my name

I'm gonna check this party out.

Hoboken blows, but perhaps there is hope.

I agree. I mean, Hoboken cant get any worse, right? I think this party may sound like fun. I figure, new crowd, new place, how bad can it be.

And by the way "newbiegirl" (what a LAME name), don't cut up on it till ya tried it-AND, its "weak", not "week"- are you still in highschool?

Originally posted by nickpapas:

my second question is - why the drama - it truly is nonsensical.

did it occur to you that these djs might be bringing their own rigs and lights?

did it occur to you that a promoter might induce and draft a different crowd?

Well said my Ancient Bruh....

cwm43.gif

------------------

"Those who know, don't tell. Those who tell, don't know."

Newbie - Hey you are right about what BAR NONE is usually like, but if you read the post and have been going to clubs for any length of time you should know that that night will be different. This is how:

SOUND SYSTEMS - BAR NONE normal, 4 old worn out JBL cabinets with about 700 watts trying to push the sound.

BAR NONE NJ TRANCE-IT AUTHORITY PARTY - 6 EAW CABINETS AS FOLLOWS: 2-SB528 SUBWOOFERS, THAT"S A 2X18inch BOX. EACH SB528 IS CAPABLE OF 135db PEAK AND 129db SUSTAINED OUTPUT.

4-LA325 FULL RANGE SYSTEMS, EACH CABINET CONSISTING OF 2X15inch, 2X7inch and a 1X2inch" FOR A TOTAL OF 5 DRIVERS PER CABINET. EACH LA325 IS CAPABLE OF 133.8db PEAK AND 127.8db SUSTAINED OUTPUT. (db is the sound pressure level for those of you who didn't know)

THE SYSTEM IS POWERED BY 11,000 WATTS OF CROWN AMPLIFIERS (REGARDED AS THE BEST IN THE CLUB INDUSTRY JUST CHECK OUT EXIT'S RACK SYSTEM WHICH THEY KEEP PROMINENTLY DISPLAYED)

PACK THIS MUCH POWER INTO THE 4900 SQUARE FEET OF BAR NONE AND I THINK YOU WILL HEAR AND FEEL THE DIFFERENCE. FOR A COMPARISON THAT IS THE SAME AS PACKING METRO'S SOUND SYSTEM INTO BAR NONE FOR ONE NIGHT.

IN ADDITION TO THE SOUND SYSTEM, AN INTELLIGENT LIGHTING SYSTEM WILL BE BROUGHT IN FOR THIS NIGHT ONLY CONSISTING OF 8 FIXTURES OF SOME OF THE BEST LIGHTS AVAILABLE FOR CLUB USE TODAY.

THIS PARTY IS STRICTLY ABOUT THE MUSIC. READ THE POST. SOME OF THE MUSIC THAT WILL BE PLAYED IS SO NEW YOU HAVEN'T HEARD IT ANYWHERE ELSE. NOR ARE YOU LIKELY TO, AS MOST OF THE DJ'S HEREABOUTS PLAY IT WAY TOO SAFE. THIS IS TRUE UNDERGROUND MUSIC, CUTTING EDGE, STUFF THAT WILL MAKE IT'S WAY TO OTHER DJ'S SETS 6-18 MONTHS FROM NOW AND YOU GET FIRST CRACK AT HEARING IT.

NEWBIE DECIDE FOR YOURSELF - IF IT ISN"T DIFFERENT FROM WHAT YOU EXPERIENCED BEFORE AT BAR NONE, OR IF AFTER YOU HAVE BEEN THERE AND DECIDE THAT THIS TYPE OF EXPERIENCE ISN"T FOR YOU, THEN POST IT HERE FOR ALL TO SEE.

BUT IF ON THE OTHER HAND YOU COME DOWN SUNDAY AND IT IS DIFFERENT THAN WHAT YOU HAVE EXPERIENCED IN HOBOKEN OR BAR NONE, OR FOR THAT MATTER WHAT YOU HAVE EXPERIENCED IN JERSEY BEFORE I WOULD EXPECT YOU TO COME CORRECT AND LET EVERYONE KNOW THAT YOU HAD A GOOD TIME.

PEACE- LARAVER

[This message has been edited by laraver (edited 01-10-2001).]

[This message has been edited by laraver (edited 01-10-2001).]

seems a bit overkill for that space. Either you'll be turning those crowns way past teir gain efficiency or you won't ever hit past 2 on the master. The old system was ok, jsut needed t obe fixed.

Did I read somewhere that cover is 10 bucks????

laraver, give an email or something in case we ahve addtional questions regarding the party

The cover is $6 w/flyer and $10 without. You can download a copy of the flyer from the Bar None Website. Just do a screen print of the front web page from Bar None.

Yes the sound system is overkill, but isn't a good club experience about sensory over load?

See you there

PEACE - LARAVER