Clubplanet Nightlife Community

WHAT ABOUT HOBOKEN? I THINK ITS GONE DOWN THE TOILET

am i the only who thinks that hoboken has seen better days? hoboken was actually a fun place to party a ayear or two ago. but i think it has turned to shit. the crowd sucks and the music at most of the clubs is horrible. im not trying to put down anyone who parties in hoboken because ocassionally i do too. im just saying that it used to be so much better. places like river street,cadillac bar and the planet all suck now. the only places i go to now are black bear and mile square.

well id rather be there than some cheesy white trash jersey club like metro lounge or tempts. and they might be frat boys but at least they have an education. but thats how it used to be, now there are alot of teeny bopper raver kids that go and its sickening. please!!!

cwm23.gif

If you think Hoboken sucks then you need to check out the upcoming NJ TRANCE-IT AUTHORITY party, 01/14/01. DJ's Chris Lewis and Dane Christopher bring you a deep trance vibe, Guaranteed 100% f*ckin cheese free. Free DJ Mix CD for the first 100 people through the door. NO HIP HOP, MTV, OR KTU MUSIC!

cwm14.gif

Vervin - Your journey into the underground will be starting at the NJ TRANCE-IT STATION located in BAR NONE, 84 Washington St, Hoboken, NJ, 201-420-1112 @ 9pm sharp. This a one off event for 300+ that will feature some of the best acid, deep trance and hard breaks vibes on the East Coast.

The DJ's, Chris Lewis and Dane Christopher have combined experience encompassing the Los Angeles Rave scene, The Chicago Underground, South Beach Miami, and NY, NY (Just like I pictured it)

Anyhow admission is $6 w/flyer and $10 without.(You can find flyers at Satellite Records, 259 Bowery St., NY, NY) The first 100 people through the door get a full length DJ Mix CD, courtesy of the NJ TRANCE-IT AUTHORITY

Come out and support the true underground January 14th. Hope to see you and everyone elso who loves underground music there.

• 2 weeks later...

I really don't like to talk trash, but I have to say, yeah, it sucks. I have friends who bartend up there, and it's extremely beautiful at night with NYC right there, but the crowds and music suck. Most of the time it's these lame 30 year old guys in Dockers and denim shirts with bellies and man-boobs harassing the women there (who obviously don't want to be bothered) and standing right in the center of the dance floor, still as a tree.

Besides, what with that $20 flat rate parking now? Forget it, plain and simple.

Originally posted by nightlifevampire:

I have to say, yeah, it sucks. right . Most of the time it's these lame 30 year old guys in Dockers and denim shirts with bellies and man-boobs harassing the women there (who obviously don't want to be bothered) and standing right in the center of the dance floor, still as a tree.now? Forget it, plain and simple.

Well said Hoboken had it's time,now it's turning into yuppieville.Although if you want to see bands Maxwells has some good national acts come through once in awhile!!

ROCK-ON!!!!

cwm7.gifcwm21.gifcwm12.gif

Okay - I was in Hoboken this past weekend and can agree that depending on where you go - it can be absolutely terrible. I mean I had a good time because I was with all of my friends and was heavily intoxicated, but some of the bars are pretty cheez!