Clubplanet Nightlife Community

this friday @ METRO LOUNGE ..the return of

DJ / REMIXER / PRODUCER

*****ALEX COVIELLO *****

PLAYING THIS FRIDAY AT METRO LOUNGE FOR THE FIRST TIME IN OVER 6 MONTHS.

CELEBRATING THE RELEASE OF HIS NEW CD OUT ON DIESEL GROVE RECORDS.FREE CD'S TO THE FIRST 100 PEOPLE.

LIVE SHOWS ON STAGE BY :JOHN TRAINA

ARRIVE EARLY.........

I love ritchie, but metro fridays were off the hook way before ritchie was there.Alex was always the resident dj at metro, from the start. Alex is an awsome dj. I think ritchie was a good replacment, but they have totally different styles.Are they both playing on friday.

FIRED UP, i am not sure how long you have been going to metro , but metro never used to do live performances on fridays when alex was there....hardley ever,it was all centered on the music. They always did live performances on sat. Maybe you know ritchie or are friends with him, i think ritchie is sick. I LOVE IT HARD REMEMBER??????? Ritchie plays real hard. I am not knocking him. I think everyone who plays at metro are the best djs in the area, by far. No clubs in jersey can come close to having a line up like metro does. Fridays were never hit and miss, i have been going fridays consistly for over 2years (since aroud the time when fridays with denny at abyss were starting to die out) By the way , mendez was never the dj on friday as far as i know. If anything, fridays at metro brought ritchie to another level cause i never heard of him before he was at metro, even some of his friends have personally told me that. Who really cares anyway, i am not insulting anyone. I think ritchie is great, we all know i love fridays at metro, and i am looking foward to hearing alex this friday, and hopefully ritchie also. And also, if mendez is the worst dj, who do you think is the best? would love to hear this.....

Clubchick, I am going to completely disagree with you. Metro used to be hit or miss. Nobody ever showed up to Metro unless they had a performance. When Rydell took over for Mendez and Coviello the place went to another level. Mendez argueably the worst local dj in the area.

Originally posted by firedup:

Clubchick, I am going to completely disagree with you. Metro used to be hit or miss. Nobody ever showed up to Metro unless they had a performance. When Rydell took over for Mendez and Coviello the place went to another level. Mendez argueably the worst local dj in the area.

Listen Flamed-Up... any Jersey boy who bases his musical expertise on the latest Mondo Music tape shouldnt be critique-ing DJs!!!!

I've been going to Metro for a long time. The fact is...whether you want to believe it or not...Metro sucked when Alex was there. Unless you liked the fact that it was a chill atmosphere and there wasn't that many people in the place. Now, It's the place to be on friday. Rydell has created a name for himself at Metro, Cheetah, and now NV. Bottom line, Coviello didn't draw a crowd there on Friday's.

If it really matters who my favorite DJ in the area is, it's DT when I get the chance to go see him at Vinyl or for The 6 year anniversary party at Twilo. Peace!

Critic, suck it! Get more experience on these boards before opening your mouth!

Well i guess i wont be responding to "fired up" anymore. its obvious you have some connection to ritchie, so, you see your own picture anyway. Why are you arguing, noone bashed ritchie. How can you say metro sucked when alex was there, IT WAS ALWAYS PACKED!!!!! aND CAN I ASK , WHEN WAS METRO EVER A "CHILL" ATMOSPHERE? I dont understand, no one said anything bad about ritchie, and if anything, i personally, i said good shit about him all the time on this board.I am one of his biggest fans, but dont knock alex, he is by far one of the most talented djs in around. Someone seems a little jelious.....

Metro was packed for Alex last year on Fridays.... That is a fact. Both are great djs and have different styles. Alex plays more vocals and mixes it up a lot which I like. Richie just goes off... Again I like both of them and who cares who is better b/c they don't even care why should we.

Clubchick read my posts again. Nobody said Richie was better than Alex. Richie for some reason has drawn a bigger crowd than Alex did. I didn't criticize Alex. But, It is obvious that you have a connection with Coviello because you are getting your panties in a twist. Give me a break! In my opinion Metro is better now with Rydell at the helm. What's your problem? Oh, That's right, people can't have opinions on this board, anymore.

FIRED UP, are you forgeting that i love metro , especially on fridays, and ritchie is the dj. Metro has always been packed on friday, no matter who the dj is. I dont think people only go there cause who is spinning. It is always expected that whoever is spinning is spinning good and hard and new. Thats what all the metro djs have in common.Give it a rest already, i really dont see what the problem is...no one cares who is better, i dont think this was a contest, was it?

No this isn't a contest. I just think metro is better with Rydell at the helm and not Coviello. Obviously, you don't agree and you don't have to. This is my opionon.

I never stated the Coviello was a bad DJ nor do I think so. Peace!

Originally posted by thesandman:

Danny Teneglia spun there 2 or 3 times, I guess thats the biggest name they have had there in terms of NYC djs.

wow, i keep hearing that...i wonder what peoples reaction were those nights..."this guys alright, but Rydell is better, no Mendez is, no Coviello is." hahahahahahahaha

------------------

Dancer-13.gif

SAY WHAT??? HOUSE MUSIC ALL NIGHT LONG...

Originally posted by firedup:

You are completely wrong, firedup!! Metro began to die out when Nick Sibilia was the DJ, then Alex took over and the night was yet again a packed house. You are apparently a friend of the DJ who won't be there this Fri and feel the need to put your two cents in on his behalf. All well and good, but check your info before posting. Thanks.

Originally posted by Emmitt:

wow, i keep hearing that...i wonder what peoples reaction were those nights..."this guys alright, but Rydell is better, no Mendez is, no Coviello is." hahahahahahahaha

When Danny T was there no one was comparing him to the djs, this was 2 years ago. He was there 2x, the first he just took you on a trip with a great set, mellow but good (it was the first time I heard "soulshaker.") I didn't go the 2nd time but he kicked it up from what I heard. I also remember it was 20 bucks to get in but worth it.

Originally posted by thesandman:

When Danny T was there no one was comparing him to the djs, this was 2 years ago. He was there 2x, the first he just took you on a trip with a great set, mellow but good (it was the first time I heard "soulshaker.") I didn't go the 2nd time but he kicked it up from what I heard. I also remember it was 20 bucks to get in but worth it.

and no one still can compare to him, on a different level...as for metro, i need to check this place out again to see what all this dj hype's about...whats up with those small drinks?

------------------

Dancer-13.gif

SAY WHAT??? HOUSE MUSIC ALL NIGHT LONG...

I agree w/ the small drinks, they used to give you a nice fat cup, now the mixed drinks go down in an easy 3 sip. Music wise this year Richie has been consistant, a little too hard for Jersey but the crowd has kind of grown with the harder beats. This past Fri. it was young. The place is not as good as most NYC clubs but you always have good music and usually some hot women in attendance.