Clubplanet Nightlife Community

moving to L.A. on june 12th; which parties/places do i have to hit?

well, weyes (new york native who went to school in l.a.) is moving back to la-la land on the morning of june 12th and is stoked as hell to be going back! but lord knows i've gotta WORK this town before i go.

sooooooo, what should i hit? i'm mostly a trance person, but i can go for some house, too. i haven't really been to many clubs 'cause i'm a raver, and haven't had good club experiences (though my only two have been twilo on a pvd night and the roxy on that 25th anniversary @ twilo night when paul johnson didn't show cwm14.gif ). the reason i haven't gone to clubs is 'cause i feel that the atmosphere is more of a "pick-up" kind of thing than a "dance-your-ass-off" thing. and i don't mean to start an argument with that, i'm just trying to paint a picture of the kind of thing i'm into, here.

so what is it, kids? sf? vinyl? which nights? help a clueless, hungry girl out! smile.gif

I've heard rumors of a killer party in Jammy's pants. You really should try to hit *that* before you leave. But, I dont know how exclusive it is.

------------------

...and in a mystery to be

(when time from time shall set us free)

forgetting me, remember me

-e. e. cummings

AOL IM: petrol01

Originally posted by petrol:

I've heard rumors of a killer party in Jammy's pants. You really should try to hit *that* before you leave. But, I dont know how exclusive it is.

i heard that everybody's cumming.

[This message has been edited by weyes (edited 06-02-2001).]

How do I get into this party??

------------------

avalon%202.1.jpg?mtbrand=AOL_US

-----------------------

Do You Hear It?? Its Coming......

--------------

When I Think About You... My Feelings Cant Explain..Why After All This Time..My Feelings...

[This message has been edited by avalondon3 (edited 06-02-2001).]

Yeah, Eric told me you are leaving. I'm sorry to hear that. I only met you brief moment but Eric has told me wonderful things about you. I was lucky enough to taste your wonderful brownie recipe (Eric shared with me) and for that reason alone, you will be sorely missed. But I digress, so parties you say- well, I'm clueless and therefore am wasting your time replying to your post. But if you find out anything good, let me know. I'll come out and wish you a fond farewell.

Lata chiquita,

SK13

------------------

Touch me in the morning

.............and last thing at night

Saturday nights is Giant it's just like twilo, and my God people are stupid if they do not attend these parties out in orange county Pimp n ho by spiritworld http://www.spiritworld.com check out the photo section it's a whole diffrent crowd to the ravers out in nyc. Stop by the freecloud store http://www.drfreeclouds.com it is the biggest electronic music store in the west, you'll find a lot of shit to do out there (proubably more than here) but remember the music out here is ten times better.

I might be out there with you I'm currently searching hard for werk in la during the month of august to september.

------------------

Animation13.gif

When The Going Gets Weird...

The Weird Turns Pro

Did Sander play an underground party in NY last night?

Weyes, those are the parties you should go to. It seems that every big DJ that was supposed to come to Twilo is playing some sort of secret party on that night.

I know I had friends in NY who went to one for Danny Howells and I heard that there was one for Sander. Ask around. If you know Franklin, I'm sure he'll tell you more about 'em.

As far as when you get out this way. There are some interesting things going on in our neck of the woods because Giant split up with Spundae so now there are two big clubs to frolick around in... plus a few cool outdoor parties (one by the beach during 4th of July) and a massive at the end of June called electric daisy carnival that's usually fun.

Let's see what else...Jimmy Van M on June 16th but Danny Howells is also playing that night so I'll be at Howellsie. Creamfields in Vegas in the summer... Lots of mischief. LOL.

Did you figure out which area you're living in yet?

------------------

overall.jpg

"Money is one thing but soul is another."

Originally posted by gonzojournilist:

cwm30.gif I should actually read the post b4 replying

yea that would help

------------------

"don't get attached to anything you're not willing to walk out on in 30 seconds flat if you spot the heat coming around the corner"

Robert Deniro

TUNNEL SATURDAY'S "SOPRANO GUEST LIST"

AIM:MSOPRANO13

Email: msoprano13@yahoo.com

msoprano13.jpg

thanks, gonzojournilist and herbalist, for the l.a. info. i feel lucky to have a bit of the lowdown before i get out west.

hey, herbalist! how goes it? i'll be subletting a place in venice, walking distance from the beach. as far as the elctric daisy carnival goes, i picked june 12th as my departure date so that i'd be settled in enough out there to have a kickass time at that party! i'll be bothering you on e-mail inbetween now and then, trust that. cwm12.gif

it looks as though i'll have to start another topic with "what should i do in nyc?" in the title. gotta find the last cool spots before i literally jet...

thanks,

weyes

ive always wanted to go to LA, take me w/ you

------------------

01200110.jpg

transcend

1. To pass beyond the limits of

2. To be greater than, as in intensity or power; surpass

3. To exist above and independent of (material experience or the universe)

cwm30.gifcwm12.gifcwm30.gifcwm12.gif

Originally posted by petrol:

Hey, no talk about *my party* I don't want the *wrong heads* showing up!!!

-Jamms "partyisguestlistonly" biggrin.gif

------------------

MUSIC is one thing...but soul is another... face50.gif