Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Bliss 2001 review

pretty good...i was in the main room because im not really into hardcore or jungle...anyway, the highlight of my night came when the DJ b4 pleasurehead played like 3 DJ scot project songs in a row...i was banging my head off the walls...

------------------

Image134.jpg

AOL: Highmay9

Originally posted by highmay:

pretty good...i was in the main room because im not really into hardcore or jungle...anyway, the highlight of my night came when the DJ b4 pleasurehead played like 3 DJ scot project songs in a row...i was banging my head off the walls...

hahahah

i hear that bro

------------------

"don't get attached to anything you're not willing to walk out on in 30 seconds flat if you spot the heat coming around the corner"

Robert Deniro

TUNNEL SATURDAY'S "SOPRANO GUEST LIST"

AIM:MSOPRANO13

Email: msoprano13@yahoo.com

msoprano13.jpg

how was pleasurehead and nostrum?

------------------

01200110.jpg

transcend

1. To pass beyond the limits of

2. To be greater than, as in intensity or power; surpass

3. To exist above and independent of (material experience or the universe)

cwm30.gifcwm12.gifcwm30.gifcwm12.gif

Originally posted by trancend:

how was pleasurehead and nostrum?

Pleasurehead was good...not great...nostrum im not sure who that DJ was...but the DJ who did the final 90 minutes was pretty good...if anyone knows who that DJ was could probably answer a few questions that the board members have...

------------------

Image134.jpg

AOL: Highmay9

Originally posted by highmay:

Pleasurehead was good...not great...nostrum im not sure who that DJ was...but the DJ who did the final 90 minutes was pretty good...if anyone knows who that DJ was could probably answer a few questions that the board members have...

was his music bouncey or trancey

------------------

01200110.jpg

transcend

1. To pass beyond the limits of

2. To be greater than, as in intensity or power; surpass

3. To exist above and independent of (material experience or the universe)

cwm30.gifcwm12.gifcwm30.gifcwm12.gif

The last dj that went on was DAVE the drummer. He was my fave of the night.

pleasurehead i thought was better then usual - which redeems him for countdown.

Nostrum, I believe, never showed up. They also had skylab 2000 on the ticket (but not in the e-mails). Both of these acts were supposed to be doing live PA, but there was not a keyboard in sight.

i'm pretty sure that the dj before pleasurehead was dj mokey, unless she was 2 before pleasurehead. i was talking to my own brain on friday... and it answered back. either way mokey is a total qt (and i accidentally called her pokey).

mokey made me especially happy when she played the junkie xl track that was the theme song from dance valley last summer (shameless plug: everyone go to amsterdam for dance valley august 4 2001).

the hardcore room was too hot to dance in for more then 5 minutes at a time, but it did bring back memories of after 4am hardcore up there on friday nights in 1997.

at 1am, i was looking for some board members for a meetup, and to my surprise i saw about 20 nypd'ers heading into the club 2 by 2 (like noah's ark!). one of them turned to me and said "this guy's used to us already".

by 5am, there was about 100 people left in the main room. i'd say at least 50 of them were NARCs.

there was some other shady shit going on - i heard someone say that the party crew was going to sue the tunnel for turning away a lot of people. some girls were selling lights for $30... and some people actually bought them! half of the club was closed off (kurfew???), which didn't matter much there were no flyers, hence the place was far from packed. also i'm sure the wonderful weather (torrential rain!) had a little something to do with that one also.

either way, i had a good time anyway. it was nice to be back at the tunnel, nice to at a rave for under $25, the vibe was good and everyone was friendly (especially the NARC's who kept on asking me what I was on...)

rob