Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Satoshi Tomiie @ Filter 14 last night

the only thing to say is DAMN...

the set he played was one of my top 5 sets for this year...may have even been better than danny howells set...yes that set!...deep, dark, banging tracks all night...for about 4.5 hrs this guy did not drop the ball once...impeccable mixing and track selection...filter 14 has the best sound system i have heard outside of twilo in new york...when he dropped Your Lovin by Electric Tease, i felt the hair on my ears vibrating(and i dont have hair on my ears!), and my pants were blowing from the bass...ridiculous!...and i got to hear mash it up -"do it" on the mini phazon...woo hooo...

notable tracks

Come to Me by Satoshi and Loleata Holloway (new satoshi mix?)

The Dj, Music, & Me by John Creamer & Stef. K(played two different mixes of this...

thanks to all those that came out furnace, jewelz, kimbel, mel-o-d, sk13(think thats your screen name), ichernomor, betty, nycedee, raj, felix, the hot girls i didnt know cwm20.gif and the idiots that closed with me last night(4:45)...i know melod will be hurting like me this morning...1.5hrs of sleep!...hardcore baby

to those that missed it...you truly missed out on the most banging set by the most underated dj out here...and this is specifically aimed @ Korzo...better than danny howells... cwm32.gif

------------------

sig being held for ransom by estranged ex-stalker...more at 10

so...how's your evening so far?

Satoshi....oh YES, Satoshi!!!!!!!!

------------------

"Spontaneity is the key to spice in life"

"Music makes the world go 'round...so keep it spinnin!"

"Happiness is like a butterfly, which when pursued is just out of your grasp, but if you will sit down quietly, it will alight upon you." Walt Whitman

AIM: Jewel44317

Originally posted by p00h:

damn kid, thats a good review! i fluggin fell asleep watchin the yanks! fuck me. thank god satoshi is a local cat, i knew he'd blow it up...

i truly wish you were there pooh...for about an hour (like 3-4am) i was standing there with my mouth open in shock....i couldnt fathom how any dj could own that many bombs...and i never even heard a majority of the ish he dropped...also he dropped Radio Head - Pyramid Song...illest vocals...i think he was even surprised how banging of a set he dropped...he's a very nice and humble cat

------------------

Originally posted by rld2g:

to those that missed it...you truly missed out on the most banging set by the most underated dj out here...and this is specifically aimed @ Korzo...better than danny howells... cwm32.gif

He dropped the "do it" track?! You hear that, Cara?! I got nothing to say. Good review Rah, nice way to rub it in...

------------------

Can you feel that rhythm moving through your system?

Originally posted by korzo-:

He dropped the "do it" track?! You hear that, Cara?! I got nothing to say. Good review Rah, nice way to rub it in...

hahahaha blame it on the woman! always blame it on the woman. i like your style korzo. i take my 'i fell asleep watchin the yanks' excuse back. Cara made me miss Satoshi! Thanks Cara...

------------------

TKWIWBTDKWIWTJSWTF

Originally posted by p00h:

hahahaha blame it on the woman! always blame it on the woman. i like your style korzo. i take my 'i fell asleep watchin the yanks' excuse back. Cara made me miss Satoshi! Thanks Cara...

LOL!

Nah, it was mutual. We weren't rolling woolies and watching Columbo, though.

I'll extend my excuse by using yours... "he's a local cat, I'll be seeing him real soon anyway"...

He'll be dropping bombs soon enough. Hear that, Rah?!

------------------

Can you feel that rhythm moving through your system?

you know i gotta make you pay when you miss one of the top sets of the YEAR...heh heh...when the bass line dropped on do it...my brain started rattling...relentless... and cara you got some splainin to do!...first korzo, now pooh...takin them out one by one, like the black widow

------------------

aight!...i'll have my people call his people...its definately time for another installment at centro

------------------

hey rassan...

man i had a feeling last night that this was going to be good...

but i was running on fumes man...and so was my little lady...

want to see tomiie-san real soon though...

let me know next time you know where he plays so we can hook up...

------------------

all.jpg

AIM: thefrenchbread

YIM: thefrenchbread

[This message has been edited by frenchbread (edited 06-06-2001).]

Originally posted by frenchbread:

hey rassan...

man i had a feeling last night that this was going to be good...

but i was running on fumes man...and so was my little lady...

want to see tomiie-san real soon though...

let me know next time you know where he plays so we can hook up...

mais bien sur mon ami...it was definately a banger...we'll be hangin out sometime soon man...i'll def keep you post

------------------

you know i gotta make you pay when you miss one of the top sets of the YEAR...heh heh...when the bass line dropped on do it...my brain started rattling...relentless... and cara you got some splainin to do!...first korzo, now pooh...takin them out one by one, like the black widow

Yes...I feel you on that Rah...and that moment that you, raj, and me had when we all looked up at the disco ball and felt that twiloesque vibe and couldn't help but touch our hearts...ah, the love! I've got that vibe still flowin in my veins today....not too shabby for a tuesday!

cwm38.gifcwm38.gifcwm38.gifcwm38.gif

------------------

"Spontaneity is the key to spice in life"

"Music makes the world go 'round...so keep it spinnin!"

"Happiness is like a butterfly, which when pursued is just out of your grasp, but if you will sit down quietly, it will alight upon you." Walt Whitman

AIM: Jewel44317

Yup, sure was good last night, though it was my first time, so I can't compare to his past performances. The music had me moving the whole time - so good that ST was able to get away with playing the anthems that you thought had been killed by Skribble: It's Time for the Revolution (this is sad, but I dunno what the real title is) at 1:30, Love in Traffic at 2:30, Hide U at 3:45. He closed out with Stanley (the tune that sounds like Dido, i.e. "It's not so bad, it's not so bad...")

Hiro, who opened up, was also good - he created a very addictive groove. At the end, everyone shook ST's hand. After leaving, I thought they (myself included) should have done the same with him.

It was hot in there! Even with AC near the DJ booth! (if it was working) The big fan near the entrance to the room was cool, but at peak time, it's a high traffic area, and it's a bit away from the action. They could use Twilo's nitro jets. Those flyers sure came in handy!

I was one of the idiots who closed out the night. The crowd was quite diminished (but the floor was by no means empty) shortly before 3:30 am, so I thought maybe things would be over soon after. But I was wrong!

cwm37.gif

Luckily I didn't have to get up as early as rld2g or mel-o-d. But it does suck not being able to get out of work with enough time to do those activities that require daylight.

I think I saw a good number of board peeps there, but didn't meet anyone I hadn't already met. Hopefully that will change next time if the opportunity presents itself and if my shyness doesn't get the best of me.

[This message has been edited by dw (edited 06-06-2001).]

mais bien sur mon ami...it was definately a banger...we'll be hangin out sometime soon man...i'll def keep you post

... in the words of ice cube in "friday":

"cooohl"...

------------------

all.jpg

AIM: thefrenchbread

YIM: thefrenchbread

Originally posted by jewel44317:

Yes...I feel you on that Rah...and that moment that you, raj, and me had when we all looked up at the disco ball and felt that twiloesque vibe and couldn't help but touch our hearts...ah, the love! I've got that vibe still flowin in my veins today....not too shabby for a tuesday!

cwm38.gifcwm38.gifcwm38.gif

yeah that moment was priceless!...i wish i could put it in a bottle and sell it...that place is seriously pocket twilo

------------------

god, that review is painfully good...I knew that it was gonna be awsome but all my plans fell through and I had a blister on my foot, so I bailed on Blister and OH, do I regret it.. Next time newt time...

------------------

b0107.jpg

In wonder, I wonder "What Happens Next?"- Selma

Fuck fuck dammit fuck, motherfuckinratshit fuck...I missed it again.

I'm dripping with remorse....Can't believe he dropped "do it".

------------------

(((((((Do not go gentle into that good night, old age should burn and rave at close of day; Rage, Rage against the dying of the light))))))Dylan Thomas (Even early 20th century poets hated to leave the club)....

We can pool information about experiences, but never the experiences themselves.

Aldous Huxley, Doors of Perception.

**THE MUSIC BEE**

carabee_sig.gif

Originally posted by carabee:

Fuck fuck dammit fuck, motherfuckinratshit fuck...I missed it again.

I'm dripping with remorse....Can't believe he dropped "do it".

blame it on steve, he's the reason i missed out on this great set...

and for the last time people, please don't email or phone me tellin me how great it was. i get the idea...

------------------

TKWIWBTDKWIWTJSWTF

Two Words....Ohhhhh YEAAAHHHHHH!!!!!! biggrin.gif

Hiro rocked the opener too smile.gif

- Pete

cool.gif

------------------

------------------------

newsig.gif

Upcoming shows:

Memorial Day Weekend...New York invades Canada!!! Toronto baby...with spoony to the mutha fukkin d...DJ Divine...Frankie Pep...and some others

web site...Version 1.06

http://www.naked-edge.com/schwinge.html

DJSchwinge@naked-edge.com

Communism was just a red herring