Clubplanet Nightlife Community

I'm going to a Gay Prom--Anyone else???

Hey board. Tomorrow night (Friday 6/7) there is going to be a gay prom out on Long Island in Sayville. My friend Gioia from the 80's/90's group Expose' is going to be peforming since they chose her new song "Free To Be" as their Prom Theme/Song. ABC, NBC, CBS, MTV and KTU are all going to be there for coverage since it's the first gay prom on Long Island. It's supposed to be a lot of fun. Anyway, Gioia is taking me and Vic along with her--I'm so psyched!!!!

By any chance, is anyone of you going to be there as well?

Gioia was on 105.1 this morning talking about it on the Jay Thomas morning show. You can hear all the details and the interview by clicking going to her website at http://www.gioiabruno.com You'll see this morning's interview under "Multimedia"..check it out.

If anyone of you are going to the prom (it's open to the public now) email me at SuedeNYC@aol.com

Take care, miss you all,

Rich

------------------

Peace,Love & Hairgrease,

Rich Suede

mylight.gif

AOL/AIM: SuedeNYC

EMail: SuedeNYC@aol.com

Originally posted by petrol:

Seems to me it's happening because folks don't always want to have to watch their backs during a night out and want to be surrounded by like minded people.

Isn't that what we do whenever we meet up?

Segregation is a part of existence.

I agree with ya bro. Yes, people have one-track minds. People can be mean, people can be stupid. I'm not saying every straight person or straight event. But these kids didn't feel comfortable bringing same-sex dates to a predominantly straight prom. A lot of them aren't out to their school mates and parents and so this is a way for them to just have a great night out in a room full of people like themselves. From what I hear they've worked really hard to pull this thing off and now have over 200 gay/lesbian/transgender high school kids coming. There will be full media coverage and lots of surprises. Sure it's segregation but I don't think it's necessarily negative...straight students are more than welcome to attend.

I'm still psyched and my girl Gioia is gonna tear it up!

I'm taking digital pics and video so they'll be available on her website after the weekend for those of you interested.

Have a great weekend everyone!

Rich

------------------

Peace,Love & Hairgrease,

Rich Suede

mylight.gif

Rich, have the limo pick me up at 6. I'd like a bottle of Crystal chilled and if my father asks, we're GAY, I told him!!!! Don't be late! My make up boy will be here by 2 so you know I'll be ready. OOOOOPS!!! HE'S HERE!! GOTTA GO!!!!

------------------

Fw.eml

crackorn71

Originally posted by Crackorn:

Rich, have the limo pick me up at 6. I'd like a bottle of Crystal chilled and if my father asks, we're GAY, I told him!!!! Don't be late! My make up boy will be here by 2 so you know I'll be ready. OOOOOPS!!! HE'S HERE!! GOTTA GO!!!!

I can't wait to see you in drag! You're gonna be so fucking hot! No one has an ass and legs like yours! BTW, I bought a stunning coirsage for you to pin on your bossom--you'll be breathtaking!

------------------

Peace,Love & Hairgrease,

Rich Suede

mylight.gif

I am glad to see that you both are back on the boards, some... Attempting to crack everyone up with your humor!!! Enjoy and have a good/great weekend.... smile.gif

------------------

Life can only be understood backward, but it must be lived forward.

if there was ever a prom labeled "a straight prom" there would serious problems, but it's cool to literally name the prom "a gay prom"..i don't get it..whats the big deal if a few gay coulples went to the normal prom? - anyway, have fun..

if at first you don't succeed, fuck the world and smoke some weed

cwm13.gif

Originally posted by fuzzykitty420:

if there was ever a prom labeled "a straight prom" there would serious problems, but it's cool to literally name the prom "a gay prom"..i don't get it..whats the big deal if a few gay coulples went to the normal prom? - anyway, have fun.. cwm13.gif

Okay, high school was eight yrs ago for me, but something tells me is hasn't changed THAT much... I can't imagine it NOT being a big deal if someone showed up w/a date of the same sex at the regular prom.

------------------

fsolgirl4.gif Let me take you on a journey into bliss. fsolgirl5.gif

having a gay prom is just adding to the concept of segregation

------------------

"The Future's uncertain and the end is always near...so who's holding on?"

"Stop Whispering, Start Shouting"

AOL IM--->DonVito486

Hey Rich!! How you doin'?

I just went to San Francisco's Black and White ball... It's like a prom for adults...

Was a complete blast!

BTW: Weren't you and your boy talking about coming out to San Francisco for vaca?? cwm30.gif

------------------

spark.gif

Hugh

email: ibhugh@yahoo.com

aolim: hugesk8r

9805t.gif

Seems to me it's happening because folks don't always want to have to watch their backs during a night out and want to be surrounded by like minded people.

Isn't that what we do whenever we meet up?

Segregation is a part of existence.

------------------

...and in a mystery to be

(when time from time shall set us free)

forgetting me, remember me

-e. e. cummings

AOL IM: petrol01

Umm...... cwm25.gif

Yeah, thats exactly what I wanted to do, attract attention and be the gossip of 100 dumb jocks at my prom

I wish I could have brought a guy....but that definitely doesn't go over well when theres the 20 of you outside your limo and all the parents are taking pictures and you're all tuxedo'ed out...

c'mon man, do you think that was gonna fly. Imagine all the jappy moms.....

its not segregation man, its a realistic here and now place for acceptance. I wish my prom could have been excepting as a Vinyl or Twilo friday....but they're not.

peace

phil