Clubplanet Nightlife Community

capriati takes out #1 hingis to get to finals...

Originally posted by deanna11:

p00h, you can't play tennis. you can be my ball boy though

in more ways than one

i will bust your ass and then show u my balls. i was 2nd doubles at stevens u know!

------------------

TKWIWBTDKWIWTJSWTF

I was very pleased watching the Swiss Miss go down in straight sets to Capriati. JenCap is pretty cool, but I think she's had enough success for the year, lol. As long as Hingis never wins Roland Garros I will be happy. And as long as her drought at the majors continue...I am evil. No, I respect Hingis' talents and abilities, it's just that ever since she combusted in the French Open final 1999 against Steffi Graf, I have looked at her as an immature soul. cwm9.gif

kandekyd, i don't remember that. what'd she do?

p00h, what division is MIT? they asked me to play for them. hahaha; bunch of techy nerds playing tennis. i didn't want to be one of them. oh wait, that's what your team at Stevens was...

kandekyd, i don't remember that. what'd she do?

p00h, what division is MIT? they asked me to play for them. hahaha; bunch of techy nerds playing tennis. i didn't want to be one of them. oh wait, that's what your team at Stevens was...

listen you can call me techy, thats fine. you can call me a nerd, thats fine. but if u go around saying i play tennis i'm gonna have to beat you. wait what were we talkin bout?!? ahh yes, crackheads can succeed if they put whatever portion of their mind thats left to it...

i'm gonna start hittin around to get back in the swing of things. then i'll have to the 2 d's out. they'll be callin you d-love instead of d11 soon...

------------------

TKWIWBTDKWIWTJSWTF

Originally posted by sfcraz01:

Whatta ya mean?? She's all Juiced UP???

Well, I don't think the Tennis Association checks their athletes very diligently on substances. They should test them on every tour but that would probably cost them too much.

The best ass-whoopin' Hingis got was from Stephie Graff, right before retirement- proving once and for all that Stephie is the all time greatest female champion. (No, Navratilova was a she-male so she does not count.)

I hope steroids don't take an adverse effect on Jenny as they did on Navratilova though, Jenny is way hot. cwm6.gif

------------------

"And he applies his mind to obscure arts..."

-Ovid M. VIII

G' LOW G' OATS

[This message has been edited by bang_66_ (edited 06-08-2001).]

MIT is a Division III school, so no athletic scholarships...

The men's tennis team has always been in the DIII national rankings, including #6 last year, and will probably finish in a similar spot for this just-completed season. They've had All-Americans for each of the last four years, and many others in previous years, as well.

The women's team has also had players qualify for the NCAA tournament a few times in recent years. One of their doubles teams reached the semifinals at the NCAA Championships last year.

So I guess nerds can play tennis! smile.gif

Originally posted by bang_66_:

Well, I don't think the Tennis Association checks their athletes very diligently on substances. They should test them on every tour but that would probably cost them too much.

I don't know if testing is done very diligently, but it is done. That's how Petr Korda got busted shortly after he won the Australian Open in 1998.

[This message has been edited by dw (edited 06-09-2001).]

Lol.....Deanna,

Hingis was looming within 3 points of victory, when she combusted on court centrale. Graf broke her and took the 2nd set. Then Hingis began questioning every little line call and argued with the umpire and linespeople. She even walked over to the Graf's side and tried to show the judge where the mark was. She received a point penalty and moved on. The crowd was booing her lovely as the match carried on. On match point, she served underhand and caught Steffi by surprise. However she tried it again and netted it. She complained, and then served the conventional way, but Steffi pounded the return and Hingis ended it by netting a backhand. She then ran off court and cried like a little baby. Her mom had to go and get her to come back out to receive her runner's up prize. Ever since then, she was known as a little brat and the French public hate her every chance they get. This year they threw eggs on the court before she began her 4th round match with a Frenchwoman. So that's why...

And I don't think Navratilova was using any steriods...she just got fitter than the tour, and the tour wasn't that fit to begin with, so it just looked like that, lol. cwm9.gif

Originally posted by sfcraz01:

yo i havent been following the French Open. What happened with Agassi? Last time i saw i think he was in the quarters. Fill me in please.

Check http://www.frenchopen.org

Agassi lost in the quarterfinals against a French guy Sebastien Grosjean. Won the first set quickly, then lost the next two quickly, and I heard just gave up trying.

In the men's finals, it's a Brazilian, Gustavo Kuerten (winner in 1997 and 2000) against a Spaniard, Alex Corretja (runner-up in 1998). Happening Sunday 9 am (NYC time) - catch it on NBC.

Women's final is "Crack-iati" vs. Kim Clijsters. Did anyone see the other semi - Clijsters vs. Justine Henin? Two beautiful Belgian buxom blondes (teenagers, I should add smile.gif) battling it out. Final will be shown Saturday 2 pm, also on NBC.

Capriati played a killer match today. in fact both ladies deserve props. gutsy playing from the ladies. one of the best french open finals in a long time...

peace, sobeton

------------------

sobeton.jpg

[This message has been edited by sobeton (edited 06-09-2001).]