Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Last Sat. at Centro...Slam and Dimitri from Paris!

Even though I had a bum night car and car stereo wise (for those who don't know, my brand new stereo was stolen from my car), the night of music was FAAAANTASTIC.

As always the resident Plant DJ's openned solidly, starting with great house with classic vocals. As the time edged toward 2am, things became more progressive. Slam came on and continued the transition, starting their more progressive tracks around 3.

Their set was not dark and spacey, but more tribal. More Teneglia, less Digweed. The crowd was lovin' it. I think the Centro crowd is getting better, they anticipate bombs and go nuts when the DJ's toy with builds. Their sound was clean in the progressive manner, but maintained classic house soul through well placed hooks and vocals.

And of course, Marcus and Dominque, the Plant residents, closed with some great progressive tunes, tracks that Satoshi, Howells, and Digweed might be spinning.

Not to forget, Dimitri from Paris was downstairs in Pinky, and he was amazing. I'm not sure I was a fan of the half hour of hip hop he played though...didn't seem to fit into the Riviera vibe that comes from French house. He definitely ended well though...I thought I was on a cigarette boat in Monaco by then. The models hanging out certainly enhanced that I'm sure...

-Furn

------------------

furnace.gif

"Much respect...to the dreamers..."

Sorry I missed it.. as I was backing Pete's set at sin Sin that night!

But I was able to catch Funk D'Void at Guernica (The other Soma artist in town this week) And it was "banging"!

Pounding minimal techno...very tribal...verrry clean!

Soma records are def worth looking into.

Catch you at Centro next time Denise!

Sorry about your car stereo!

------------------

MugZonique.jpg

www.rael.org