Clubplanet Nightlife Community

FILTER 14 ON FRI. OR SAT?????

Does anything go on there on Fri. or Sat nights??? I've heard tues. are good but can only make the weekend nights for a while. I heard once that Melvin Moore of Subliminal spun on fri. but don't know if it's true. ANyone have any info...thanks smile.gif

tommy frayne, owner of filter 14 here.

friday is going to be REALLY crowded. David Morales won a grammy two years ago for his remixing and i think the event is a little over promoted for a small (350 person) club like ours. for david morales fans, it is going to be great, for a fun club experience, it is just polain going to be crowded.

melvin moore from subliminal records plays every saturday. he plays many of the nights as the early and late dj at centro-fly for the subliminal sessions. he is definately house, but it is hard to pin him down as our crowd changes many saturdays, and he really just plays what the crowd is reacting to. some weeks it is latin house, some weeks progressive, and i have even heard him go deep. he used to play lots of white-label house remixes of old 80'songs by people like stevie wonder, but has been doing less of that since the rich kids started to go to the beach on the weekends. ( although i still like that house remix of eddie grant's electric avenue!) saturday there is a password for free admission : "Different strokes."

tonight is eddie bang and max rim, both of whom are excellent tech-house guys. i think it was eddie who opened for paul oakenfeld at rockefeller center.

hope to see everyone around soon.

You forgot to tell them that Meat Katie is from the UK and it is his first time in NYC. Also he is the man behind the wave making label wholenineyards, and most importantly he is a great fucking DJ! Blister is the cure for NYC Tuesday bordem goddamnnit! WE LOVE YOU TOMMY!

i love you too craig!! i think the line for our party tomorrow might reach down to baktun where you are doing yours! should be interesting...i think all of 14th street is going to be the place to be before everyone goes to hear danny at 4am!!

tommy