Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Triumphant return of TIMO MAAS

Props to all those who made it out on a Sunday night...

But I think we can all agree it was well worth it!

Timo Maas did not disappoint. You could tell from the very first track Afrika that he dropped it was going to be a special night. The crowd, more hardcore than any I've EVER seen at Centro, was literally shaking the floorboards. And that was for Terry Casey (great set, nice experimental breaks in the beginning) before Timo started.

So you can imagine the vibe when music for the Maases started blaring. My favorite part of the night was when DT was partying on the dancefloor, and the crowd began shouting Vinyl! Vinyl! and Twilo! Twilo! at the same time.

Did you all have as much fun as I? I'll will leave you guys to the musical critique...I'm a bad trainspotter anyways. I did actually like the way he played many different styles. Dirty at times, epic at times, breaky at times, but mostly progressive. Leon Alexander did a good job of keeping us bouncing till close...

For those of you who know her, what a great send off for Gloria eh?

Oh, and I happened to be shouting Twilo. Anyone else?

------------------

furnace.gif

"Much respect...to the dreamers..."

TWILOOOOOOOOO!...yeah timo was BANGIN last night...very smooth transitions between genres(prog., deep prog., more epic trance, see furnace's post)...Leon Alexander also gets the official BANGIN title...he was spinnin for almost two hours before people realized timo was no longer up there...very very ill...i was off duty last night(no trainspotting), but a couple of tweelo anthems were dropped:

Sound 5 - The Hacienda must be (re) built

Sia - Drink to get drunk(like me =) )

and there was only one really bad trainwreck(worthy of amtrak)...but it can definately be overlooked as everyone played their hearts out last night...always a pleasure seeing so many of you out and bouncing last night...we'll be seeing you all this thursday for DEEP DISH(Centro), then Dave Ralph friday(Cractory), then DOC MARTIN(*Centro) saturday,...then DANNY HOWELLS on JULY 3rd(VINYL)

mwah

me

------------------

"i was the real star...just because his mother died he got all the attention...they even named the movie after his no acting ass" - quote from an unidentified rabbit on the set of bambi

Brilliant night.. that was so good, it was the first time I had a twilo feel again in ages. Great seeing board ppl, and familiar twilo faces, and DAMN Timo was on it!! Though I have to agree that when Leon stepped it back up at 4ish, it was the best feeling, just that rush of a room going off that brought me right back. Hi to everyone I saw and met and hi to everyone who I didn't meet but shared the vibe with. ANd now to maintain conciousness... cwm3.gif

------------------

b0107.jpg

In wonder, I wonder "What Happens Next?"- Selma

Originally posted by rld2g:

but a couple of tweelo anthems were dropped:

Sound 5 - The Hacienda must be (re) built

Sia - Drink to get drunk(like me =) )

not to take away from timo, but i think the twilo vibe exploded when leon alexander dropped the lawler remix of trisco's muzak 'bout 4-ish. hands in the air, every single body was bouncing like pogos & screaming w/mouths wide open, just like the old days at twilo; felt just like home...

timo was very friendly, as he was just chillin out at the back of the side bar at the end of the night, talkin to us & whoever else wanted to come by & say hi. DT also added to the vibe, buggin' out on the floor with the maases, but it was interesting to watch his attention shift from dancing to trainspotting during the transitions, just like the rest of us. don't ask for details, cuz i'm trying to act like i have half a brain today at work. although the lobotomy cwm3.gif was well worth the price of feeling that twilo vibe once again~

------------------

-dusk til dawn-

Skeleton-22.gif

"You take the blue pill: Capsule-02.gif

The story ends, you wake up in your bed, and believe whatever you want to believe.

You take the red pill: Capsule-03.gif

You stay in wonderland, and I show you how deep the rabbit hole goes..."

-Morpheus

[This message has been edited by knightcrawler (edited 06-18-2001).]