Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Why is Dj Scribble so popular?????????????

Guest crystalmethodny

Its called MTV.

I have to admit, he is drastically altering his style and putting some damn half decent tracks on the radio, and does feature Pete Tong's weekly report from the UK every Thursdya night. Props to Skribbs on that call.

------------------

"Can you feel it?"

"In the hall, in the bathroom, in the basement, in the coatcheck... and even up the block, oops!"

"We're going to build things up slowly... are you with me? Here we go."

CrystalMethodNYC@aol.com

www.extremegroove.com

www.urbanpromos.com

Scribble is popular for the simple reason that he spins chessy Commercial Shit.....and a lot of people like that stuff...

------------------

" bass in ur f...bass in ur fa...BASS IN UR FACE LONDON "

" Directions DIrections.." - GrOOve

PLUR!!!

aim:clubhead32

Ask yourself why people like Britany SPears or anyone that is over saturated on TV. And Skribbles doesn't do that mix show on KTU that actually all Moody spinning and it's pre-recorded on CD. And allthose remixes as we all know by now are ANTHONY ACID. Skribbles just throws his name on them to sell. Whatever he'll ride the wave as long as middle america lets him.

Check his show this coming Wednesday - guest set by (and interview of) Todd Terry.

I think there's some guest on Monday, but I forget the details.

He seems well-connected, so maybe (even if you don't like his methods) he'll educate the public about the DJ's to look out for, who deserve the recognition.

i am not a huge dan of scribble but he had a guest on wed night that i really liked. jellybean benitez. so i guess as long as he keeps getting good guests i won't mind him.

------------------

chickn4.gif

LET'S GO YANKEES!!!!!!!!

A ho don't make a housewife.

I AIN'T ON THE GUESTLIST I AIN'T V I P

I SNUCK IN THE EXIT

LEARN TO D I P!!!!

AOL J303J

Guest crystalmethodny

Originally posted by j303j:

i am not a huge dan of scribble but he had a guest on wed night that i really liked. jellybean benitez. so i guess as long as he keeps getting good guests i won't mind him.

Jellybean is OLD SCHOOL

Whew!

------------------

"Can you feel it?"

"In the hall, in the bathroom, in the basement, in the coatcheck... and even up the block, oops!"

CrystalMethodNYC@aol.com

www.extremegroove.com

www.urbanpromos.com

SCRIBBLE first got popular NOT by MTV ...

....but because he was part of the YOUNG BLACK TEENAGERS .....

...he also did many dj spin offs ...using his signature one handed scratch and cut while chugging a 40oz prop (apple juice)...

....then after YBT breakup ...he went solo...got pick up by MTV and was then introduced to all of you who don't know your history......

.....Tap the Bottle and ... Twist da Cap ....

------------------

ani_300.gif

Next total solar eclipse:

21 June 2001 Zimbabwe

(look for live web broadcast)

"Are there really Angels? ... Or are they just in our mind?"

RIP - Mota20 ... your gentle words of ncouragement will be remembered

Well i actually met him at bridgeview 2 weeks ago and he was really nice even though people were telling me he was a dick**i got a pic with him with**he does suck as a DJ he plays way to commercial shit although sometimes hes good on KTU**at bridgeview that night I asked him if he could throw on derb even though it's so played out now its still a hot track and he just liked rolled his eyes at me**i asked him after why he didn't want to play it and he said it was to played out i was like ok like u played anything better hello!! i kind of messed w/ him a little and told him that his set was much better than on MTV cwm6.gif

Guest crystalmethodny

Stripe

Dont forget about (MDMA), Anthony Acid, who helped his career a great deal.

But to the mass populous it was MTV that blew him up.

He also throws a mean Christmas party. LOL

------------------

"Can you feel it?"

CrystalMethodNYC@aol.com

www.extremegroove.com

www.urbanpromos.com

I dont know the history behind DJ Skribble, and I cant say he doesn't have any talent, cause he does.

But... when music like the trance/electronic/dance music we listen to becomes mainstream from the bottom up, it begins to grab the attention of the mass-market. It's the mass-market that likes pop music. Hence, I think it spawns pop DJ's like Skribble. Someone will choose to play to the masses. You can even look at the evolution of DJs like Oakey from the niche he was playing to 10 years ago to what he's producing now.

i still love what he publishes even though I don't really get charged up by his live sets since he seems to play to a more popular crowd these days.

So, in short I can't blame Skribble for cashing in, but I still dont care for his tastes in what he spins.

------------------

I'm in search of myself. If you find me before I arrive, please have me wait.

AOL IM: petrol01

Originally posted by koofya:

there's a stranger in his house....

lol

------------------

Is it Friday yet???

Procrastination is the art of.......... never mind, I'll finish this quote later.

music: indispensable component of life... recognizes no limits and no confines... uniting black with white, young with old, and the good with the bad.

Do you want another taste of my ice cream?

Originally posted by crystalmethodny:

Jellybean is OLD SCHOOL

Whew!

i love his shit i was goign nutz when i heard him on wed night. i woudl love to see him play one night.

------------------

chickn4.gif

LET'S GO YANKEES!!!!!!!!

A ho don't make a housewife.

I AIN'T ON THE GUESTLIST I AIN'T V I P

I SNUCK IN THE EXIT

LEARN TO D I P!!!!

AOL J303J