Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Earplugs?

Ok, I've notice lately that my hearing isn't too good. (although my friends have been telling me this for 2 years already) And my ears are always ringing for at least a day after I was at a club.

Should I be worried? SHould I wear earplugs from now on? I know DJs and musicians are wearing them, but as just a listener, I really wanna be able to groove, y'know? So is this ringing and diminished hearing normal for all clubbers or should I invest in a pair of earplugs?

HOw many people here wear earplugs?

I do wear earplugs on occasion - especially if I'm going down to Nation. It actually improves my ability to enjoy the music, because if it's too loud my ears hurt. Plus, a lot of the background noise is blocked so you can hear the beats more clearly, IMHO.

before my clubbing days, i always wore earplugs to concerts, especially in club type settings where the sound sucked and basically blew out your eardrums...

i don't see the need to wear them in clubs with good sound like twilo (it's a shame it's gone)...i never have ringing after a night at buzz, but i don't stand right in front of the speakers :D

Originally posted by superfli

i never have ringing after a night at buzz

Ineed to meet you so you can show me exactly where in Nation you stay to avoid the ringing. Sometimes the ringing in not as bad as other times for me but it's always there.

It is extremely urgent that you buy a pair of earplugs if you are going to continue in this lifestyle. You are suffering from all the symptoms of hearing loss. Ringing in the ears is cause by the destruction of the hair follicles within the inner ear which transmits sound waves to your eardrum. When these follicles become permanently damaged, you start to have mild to total hearing loss. It doesn't matter if you are spinning the music or listening to it, the volume is the same. If you care the least bit about your self , you should start reading up all the information you can on hearing loss prevention....