Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Space : Diaz v. Oscar / Goddess: Eddie Baez feedback .

sobeton

I was not in the clubbing mood last night. the unpleasant weather did not help matters anyway; just curious. how was the Luis Diaz v. Oscar G thing at Space? any noticeable changes at Space, front door, vibe, etc. Eddie Baez was suppose to be at Goddess last night. did anyone check that out ? he has a new album coming out, and he has been tearing sh*t up around nyc lately.

peace, sobeton

Eddie Baez is my all time fav house DJ. He slams you with a vibe that I have never heard with any other house DJ. I am aghast that I missed him at Goddess, (which is not the right venue for him anyway) but I literally had a Planes, Trains & Autombiles type of day.

Space should bring in Baez for a Sat night and see how he tears that room apart.

Anybody else agree?

What's up sobe, I'll try to sum it up as briefly as possible. First of all neither Oscar G or Edgar V were their on Saturday night. One of their residents opened in the blue room I believe it was the guy that normally plays in the red room (Roly) he kicked ass. Then Luis Diaz went on and for some reason could not get much of a vibe going, I don't know if it was the music he was playing, the level at which he was playing it or the obvious train wreck after train wreck mixing. It was very uncharacteristic of Luis. Maybe he was just having a bad night.

Anyway he (Luis) was relieved about an hour and forty five minutes into his set by the same guy that opened for him, which seemed to bring the room back to life. I was their till 8:30 and did not see Oscar G nor Edgar V up their once. But then again Space is building a reputation on advertising DJs that never show.

So their you have it, all in all an OK night considering their top talent was absent.

Later

Originally posted by aztec-mystic

What's up sobe, I'll try to sum it up as briefly as possible. First of all neither Oscar G or Edgar V were their on Saturday night. One of their residents opened in the blue room I believe it was the guy that normally plays in the red room (Roly) he kicked ass. Then Luis Diaz went on and for some reason could not get much of a vibe going, I don't know if it was the music he was playing, the level at which he was playing it or the obvious train wreck after train wreck mixing. It was very uncharacteristic of Luis. Maybe he was just having a bad night.

Anyway he (Luis) was relieved about an hour and forty five minutes into his set by the same guy that opened for him, which seemed to bring the room back to life. I was their till 8:30 and did not see Oscar G nor Edgar V up their once. But then again Space is building a reputation on advertising DJs that never show.

So their you have it, all in all an OK night considering their top talent was absent.

Later

sup bro . thanks for the review. I’m really surprised space would advertise Luis, Oscar, and Edgar. then have only Luis, and Roly spin. very strange.. the word strange, seems to be coupled with space. still can’t believe Luis; train wrecked.. let’s hope Oscar and Edgar will be in the da house this saturday

peace, sobeton

Originally posted by bassboy

Space should bring in Baez for a Sat night and see how he tears that room apart.

Anybody else agree?

I agree. however, I don’t see that happening, unfortunately. Eddie does deserve some exposure down here..

peace, tony