Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Lookin to buy a new cell phone...

i work at verizon wireless. i work in the corporate office though. not a store. we are constantly having promotions where if u sign up for a year they will give you a phone for like $30 and/or throw in a bunch of free features. and if you have no credit they will let you put a deposit down. its a steep deposit though

honestly im not in that dept. its btw 100-275 depending. it can be up to 1000 if you want international dialing (which i dont understand why people would really want that on ur cell but hey) but i know if after a year you made your payments on time you do get it back. unlike some co they just keep it.

i use at&t...for 39.99 a month i get 400 anytime minutes and 2000 night and weekend, long distance and text messaging is included. you can also send email from your phone without having to connect it to the internet, i got the nokia 5165 phone

the service is pretty good, i think it was better with verizon, but i get so many more minutes with at&t

I'm in the same shoe as you are.

Here's a few Pointers:

Do you make alot of outgoing calls or incoming calls?

SprintPCS has a good plan for nites and weekends, unlike Verizon, which only gives you 2000 weekend minutes. Also, Sprint also has a promotion on 50% off their top of the line cellies, plus another $50 rebate. I think their best plan is 3000 minutes, breakdown is 500 anytime minutes, and 2500 minutes nites and weekends. (Promotion ends sometime in August).

If you get alot of incoming calls, you should go with Nextel, which offers All Incoming Calls for Free, that plan is around $70.

I think the deposit required for both companies is around $100-200.

Hope this helps...

Originally posted by trancend

i use at&t...for 39.99 a month i get 400 anytime minutes and 2000 night and weekend, long distance and text messaging is included. you can also send email from your phone without having to connect it to the internet, i got the nokia 5165 phone

the service is pretty good, i think it was better with verizon, but i get so many more minutes with at&t

the service with att isnt bad. but its not great. i have att still (until the end of this month) and i hit a lot of dead zones.and its a major pain in my ass.

you should upgrade to the nokia 8260. its a lot smaller but the battery lasts so much longer on it. i have the 8260 and i charge my phone at the most once a week where as after 3 months of having the 5165 i was charging it almost every day.

yea it doesnt reach mine either. the speaker is on the bottom of the phone. it just has really good reception or whatever the hell you want to call it. i dont know. its a great phone though. too bad i have to get rid of it though when i switch to verizon. its ok though. i think im getting the new motorola v60 ( i think thats what it is) when i get my employee plan through verizon - its only$5 a month so im very excited about that.