Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Highschool nostalgic stereo type poll! (which one where YOU?)

Which of these stereotypes reflects YOU in hischool?  

52 members have voted

1. 1. Which of these stereotypes reflects YOU in hischool?

• The Jock (athletic type)
    • The Cheerleader (hung out with the jocks)
    • The nerd/geek (into science clubs and startreck)
    • The Tormented artist (Mysenthrope of ANY genre)
    • Metal Head stoner (sporting the Maiden shirt..)
    • Raver/Club freak (we vall know this type too well)
    • Hip Hop ghetto cool (Calling everyone "kiiid")
    • Skater/Betty (ripping up the curbs at the parking lot)
    • Prepy (Polo anyone?)
    • other.........

No matter WHEN you might have graduated from those days we all still carry memories of those years like ghosts haunt ing our memories. Perhaps you even went to a school like I did where there was the typical click and stereotypes. Like the movie Breakfast club, my school had: the "Jocks" the "Nerds" and the "stoners"..of course that was the late 80's early 90s..and stereotypes change. (My perants still talk about the "hippies" and the "freaks")

So I was just wondering..

"WHAT STEREOTYPE FIT YOU BEST IN YOUR HIGHSCHOOL YEARS?"

Did you belong to a "click".

Or where you a "loner"......

*click on the poll and then elaborate..

Tell us a bit something about those years of teenage Angst!

(and then I'll share myself with you..)

BE HONEST!

Originally posted by misskittie

Im a couple of them combined so i really cant take this poll.

~kAt~

That's why there is the "other" option!

DWOOF!

I've seen some stoned out cheerleader metalheads on skateboards myself but..

In GENERAL..which one is CLOSEST to your "click" (if you had one)

Arrrooooo..

Other... I was in all honors classes, so I flowed with the nerds... I was the president of the chorus and the choreographer of every show... I did sketch comedy... I won a scholarship thanks to my favorite gym teacher and competed in oratory competitions in French. I was an officer in just about every club I was in.

I was that kid. :P never had a cavity, 20/20 vision, never broke a bone, and all the parents loved me... I got away with whatever I wanted. ;)

- meli -

i dont think i fit any of these descriptions..... i wasnt an athlete, i wasnt a cheerleader... i was an aqctress in the plays but thats abouit it... i always had giid grades but i was far from a nerd... as for 'cliques'... i kinda got along with everybody... :tongue:

i replied jock..

but i'm really not.. girls in my school weren't too fond of jocks as they usually are, and when talking about it w/ them they were naming the jocks to their faces and said i wasn't..

but technically i guess i was b/c i played 3 varisty sports (football, baseball, basketball) i was more combo of athlete, clubber, stoner, nerd, alcoholic..

Originally posted by linabina

i dont think i fit any of these descriptions..... i wasnt an athlete, i wasnt a cheerleader... i was an aqctress in the plays but thats abouit it... i always had giid grades but i was far from a nerd... as for 'cliques'... i kinda got along with everybody... :tongue:

wow... i had a baby in my arms while i was typin that so i messed up my spelling a lot! aqctress=actress, abouit= about, giid=good.... annnnnd i think thats it *hehe*

I voted "tormented artist" but really that's only half the story; metalhead would be the other half, but even though I smoked the occassional joint in hs, "depressed poet" was definitely a more fitting title than "stoner."

Interesting..

most people feel that they where beyond labels...

I guess stereotypes only exist in other people's minds..

Like if I point at a kid with a skate board and go "look at that skater"

and he's actualy on his way to a big foot ball game..

(Is he a Jock then?)

WHATEVER..

I guess I was just in a really clicky school where these stereo types where VERY prominent...

in any case I was a Goth so that puts me in the "tormented Mysenthrope" genre (though to the "others" I was surely a Geek)..

In any case Thanks for the insight..

Originally posted by melichacha

I was that kid. :P never had a cavity, 20/20 vision, never broke a bone, and all the parents loved me... I got away with whatever I wanted. ;)

Ahhhh... good genes go a long way.

But anyone who's seen her knows that. ;)

hmm..this is hard....

I don't see a category for "new wave brainy athlete fashion addict"

when I was in high school...there were no "ravers" ...people were more into being a "rock star" while now all the young kids want to be dj;s...

i voted preppy cause i did do good in school. And i was a clean cut kid. i was the president of my class senior yr & radio club. editor of yrbook and lit mag. I was in track & field hockey.

yup, i was THAT kid also...

but it was cool cause i partied with the party kids. studied with the studying kids, etc.

i miss high school.

college is cool too....i'm president of my class here too.

dammit, it sux to start over.:D

im the type of person that everytime I went to a new school I fit in with the "popular kids" the first day but I also made friends with the "nerds" and the "outcasts" cause its good to have friends in all places, you never know when you are going to need something. I also became friends with all the seniors when I was a freshman going out clubbing with them and jus hanging out wit them. So I guess im in the "Other" Catorgory,

Eye was the Jock-ette that the coaches couldnt control

The clubber that never did roll

The gurl that was down for a puff

The bee-otch that u thought was so tuff

Crazy Comedian...Class clown

The chik that was always down.

Friends with many... Respected by all

Style was trendy & preppy and i loveeeeeeeed the mall...

I shopped till i dropped i played video games galore

I had a variety of friends and i always wanted more

So u see i was more then just labeled

I was part of the new wave

I did what i wanted... i did what i craved :monkey:

So I guess I would have to say more of the Surfer/snowboarder/skater. But my school was all connected only about 1000 people in the school. The jocks got stoned with the surfers and thought they were surfers in the summer. All the parties involved the whole school usually.

I think everyone is there own person, no two people are alike so it is hard to stereotype anyone.......

Kevin