Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Review of Madonna's Drowned World Tour

I saw it last night in phili....here's my review......

I'm a huge fan so i won't spoil the show for anybody, i'll just offer my opinion. I had seen Blond Ambition 11 years ago and if you're expecting Madonna's Immaculate Collection live...you will be very disappointed..

Drowned World doesn't have much of the "pop" energy that fueled the Blond Ambition Tour........but it's the best show she's done..it really shows her to be an "artist" not only visually, but theatrically,..and the bitch rocks that guitar..........NO.NONE.NADA.ZERO prerecorded vocals. As much as i love madonna...I will be the first to admit that her voice live tends to have that winded growl to it...but last night? best i've ever heard.... and u can walk away from the show saying.."I HEARD madonna live and SAW her show." She showed herself to be an artist in every sense of the word.

And she may not be grabbing her crotch to be bad....but she is.. it's a very dark show (i won't say why.. pay attention to imagery on the screens) the geisha section is amazing.

I won't discuss anything that i didn't like until everyone has had a chance to see the show in new york.... Go into it w/ an open mind..and opened eyes.

jsc

:)