Clubplanet Nightlife Community

I'm headin to DC . . .

Originally posted by bugoutgirl

ok so i've been to buzz and edge in DC... are these other clubs that i've seen mentioned (Red, 5, Zei....) comparable to nation and edge? Which ones do you all recommend? Thanks loves~:D

I think Red and 5's are more. . .upscale(?). .compared to Nation and Edge. Older crowd->more money. Zei/Glow, a lot like Edge but smaller and Panorama peeps don't respect capacity, so its packed like mutha and hella warm inside. If you have the means, go to Red, less you don't like good house music, you'd never hear trance or any progressive shiznit there. 5's, I dunno anymore, Millele says its changing.

Originally posted by lavendermenace

Wait, which place is just like Twilo???

Thanks EGG

i'm pretty sure eggmok is referring to buzz...it doesn't have nearly as good a soundsystem as twilo did but i think i like the actual venue better...three levels, lots of room, plus a deck...

actually i was the winner of the phazon from twilo...i just installed it in the basement...anyone wanna have a listen?

Originally posted by superfli

i just installed it in the basement...anyone wanna have a listen?

Hahaha. So when's the party? I'll bring some Barry Manilow CD's over and we'll show Twilo the sound they've been missin'!

(What the hell happened to all the smileys? They get rid of 'em with the new board design?)

:afro: <------ what's up w/ this dude? And where's the popcorn guy?

Originally posted by shadygroovedc

Hahaha. So when's the party? I'll bring some Barry Manilow CD's over and we'll show Twilo the sound they've been missin'!

(What the hell happened to all the smileys? They get rid of 'em with the new board design?)

:afro: <------ what's up w/ this dude? And where's the popcorn guy?

that's soundz good...anyone have any bacharach vinyl? the neighbors get a little annoyed when i blow out all their windows but it's all good... :eek:

a big shout out to brooklyn.

you might also want to check out velvet nation (nation's saturday night) www.velvetnation.com.

the music is not as good as friday night, but the atmosphere is really nice. the crowd is a lot more mello than friday. people are very approachable too, outgoing, good stuff in sum.

the cover is usually $12. there is no dress code, no searches. it usually picks up around 12 or 1. the music on all of the dance floors is the same (hard house/pop).

cheers,

former south [park] slope resident

Originally posted by judson

a big shout out to brooklyn.

former south [park] slope resident

I live on 7th ane and carroll st. how weird.

ANyway, my plans got cancelled:mad: so I won't be heading down this weekend. Oh well, I guess I'll have to amuse myself here.

Damn I was really lookin forward to getting out of here for a few days.

well, thanks for all the info everyone, I guess I'll be prepared for next time