Clubplanet Nightlife Community

NEW YORK VS London

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

BULLSHIT!!!

Here's just a few resons London kicks arse on NY..

1) There are about 3 times the amount of clubs and choice.

2) Better atmosphere in MORE places, there is good atmosphere to find in NY, but it's more consistant in London.

3) More great DJ's playing more often, you will always be able to se Lawler, Bushwacker, Digweed. And you won't have to wait a month.

4) There are good nights EVERY night of the week (and weekend), not just Friday and Thursday with Saturday being camped up. Saturday in the big night out in London.

5) Less fake tit's and people.

6) Alchohol is cheaper

7) Pills are cheaper & better.

8) You can choose to go to a cracked out place or not and still maintain quality.

9) You get GREAT NY tallent Rodger Sanchez, Todd Terry etc playing on a weekend

NY used to be GREAT, now it's been relegated way down the ladder. It hasn't compared to London for years.

Originally posted by back2basics-

BULLSHIT!!!

Here's just a few resons London kicks arse on NY..

1) There are about 3 times the amount of clubs and choice.

2) Better atmosphere in MORE places, there is good atmosphere to find in NY, but it's more consistant in London.

3) More great DJ's playing more often, you will always be able to se Lawler, Bushwacker, Digweed. And you won't have to wait a month.

4) There are good nights EVERY night of the week (and weekend), not just Friday and Thursday with Saturday being camped up. Saturday in the big night out in London.

5) Less fake tit's and people.

6) Alchohol is cheaper

7) Pills are cheaper & better.

8) You can choose to go to a cracked out place or not and still maintain quality.

9) You get GREAT NY tallent Rodger Sanchez, Todd Terry etc playing on a weekend

NY used to be GREAT, now it's been relegated way down the ladder. It hasn't compared to London for years.

We, in nYC, have a little thing we like to use. It's called Grammar and Spell check. Try hooked on Phonics!!!!

Originally posted by johnnyblackroc

We, in nYC, have a little thing we like to use. It's called Grammar and Spell check. Try hooked on Phonics!!!!

Good come back.

Oh AND people who live in NY are really protective or if, but have nothing of substance to say. See above.

Originally posted by johnnyblackroc

Here's more of what NYC doesn't have:

1) shitty rainy weather

2) a bitch as it's leader

3) to worry about solid food knocking our teeth out

4) to listen to a bunch of snob ass english accented cum stains who have been our wipping dogs since 1700

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

You see this is really funny, a bitch as it's leader... a little out of date aren't we? Did you go to school?

London - an education system

NY - clubs full of glowsticks :laugh:

NY - Trance and crappy European DJ's all over.

Yeh cool guys *real* cool.

Here's a good quote from the NY board to show the intelligence level....

Is Paul oakenfold a Trance DJ?.....

'Is the pope Jewish?'

Read a paper and stop watching pro-wrestling for god's sake.

I HAVE TO AGREE WITH B2B ON THIS ONE, EVEN THOUGH I AM A NEW YORKER. WE DONT GET INTERNATIONAL TALENT ANYMOR(EXCEPT JOHNNY VICIOUS, DT, AND JV)! WE DONT HAVE TWILO ANYMORE (THEREFORE NO SASHA, NO DIGS, NO PVD). AND SOME OF THE BEST CLUB NIGHTS IN THE CITY HAPPEN TO BE GATECRASHER NIGHTS. IT ALSO DOESNT HELP THAT THE GESTAPO (OH WAIT I MMEANT THE POLICE) CLOSING EVERY CLUB IN SIGHT. ONCE WE GET RID OF THE REPUBLICAN HOLD ON THE MAYOR'S OFFICE, NIGHTLIFE IN NY WILL BE REBORN (VOTE FOR MARK GREEN!).

B2B: WHAT ARE THE TOP CLUBS IN LONDON? I WILL BE SPENDING THE FALL SEMESTER THERE.

I havn't been to London in over a year and the *real* underground scene there is constantly evolving.

Fabric is a constant, if you were a Twilo fan you should like it.

I LOVE Elements, run by Hooj Choons. You will get your Danny Howells and 16b playing there.

Pacha form Ibiza are opening a club this year, i think at a club called SW1.

But it's not what people know about in London, it's what people don't know about ;) Ask round etc.

hmnmmm..

gotta love how *everything* regarding nitelife always comes down to stupid clubs..

lets talk, lounges.. a gazillion of them w/ different tastes.. you got the housey trendy jazzy, whatever your pleasure..

clubs.. hmm we get tenaglia every week, lil louie every week, morillo every week along w/ the talent that visits.. werent' we saying somethign about talent? last i checked they don't get that across the pond(wipe the *drool* david ;))

theres also plenty of good nites during the week here(refer back to dance ritual on wednesdays and subliminal thursdays, as well as dj's playign the smaller places like satoshi tomei, creamer etc.. after hours.. sometimes run straight through sunday to 8, 9 , 10 o'clock.. happen often there? (and this is the club we're talking about.. open from saturday nite..)

broadway.. fridays and saturdays you can see any of a whole sleu(sp?) of fantastic shows..

dinner.. everything from sushi, to afghan, to italian, brazilian.. you name it, its here..

NY- trance and european dj's all over.. please elaborate.. care to name a few?

and thats qutoe from the ny board regarding oakenfold has no basis.. chances are that is someone new to the scene..

Originally posted by PFloyd40

hmnmmm..

gotta love how *everything* regarding nitelife always comes down to stupid clubs..

lets talk, lounges.. a gazillion of them w/ different tastes.. you got the housey trendy jazzy, whatever your pleasure..

clubs.. hmm we get tenaglia every week, lil louie every week, morillo every week along w/ the talent that visits.. werent' we saying somethign about talent? last i checked they don't get that across the pond(wipe the *drool* david ;))

theres also plenty of good nites during the week here(refer back to dance ritual on wednesdays and subliminal thursdays, as well as dj's playign the smaller places like satoshi tomei, creamer etc.. after hours.. sometimes run straight through sunday to 8, 9 , 10 o'clock.. happen often there? (and this is the club we're talking about.. open from saturday nite..)

broadway.. fridays and saturdays you can see any of a whole sleu(sp?) of fantastic shows..

dinner.. everything from sushi, to afghan, to italian, brazilian.. you name it, its here..

NY- trance and european dj's all over.. please elaborate.. care to name a few?

and thats qutoe from the ny board regarding oakenfold has no basis.. chances are that is someone new to the scene..

Rob England is the home of bars (or lounges), NY doesn't and will never compete. London is great for that.

Tenaglia plays London, ok not as much as people would like, but hey... $200 for a weekend at Space in Ibiza and your sorted. It would cost most English people $200 in a bar tab in NY on a Saturday night.

It's simple because there are probably 10 times the amount of good clubs in London and half the people. You have more choice and more top class DJ's playing more often. Lawler a few times a week etc. And you can drive to Birmigham or Leeds in the same time it would take to drive from NJ to NY.

And the atmosphere in UK clubs is far better.

And as for the afters it's just the same in London, but you can party ALL week. Saturdays in NY are crap, JV or JP????!!?!? No thank you. Sundays are good, but they are in London.

Mate you have to spend some time in London, all these people who comment have never lived there.

They have the shows in London, the resteraunts.. EVERYTHING you have in NY. Just a better night life.

Originally posted by back2basics-

Rob England is the home of bars (or lounges), NY doesn't and will never compete. London is great for that.

Tenaglia plays London, ok not as much as people would like, but hey... $200 for a weekend at Space in Ibiza and your sorted. It would cost most English people $200 in a bar tab in NY on a Saturday night.

It's simple because there are probably 10 times the amount of good clubs in London and half the people. You have more choice and more top class DJ's playing more often. Lawler a few times a week etc. And you can drive to Birmigham or Leeds in the same time it would take to drive from NJ to NY.

And the atmosphere in UK clubs is far better.

And as for the afters it's just the same in London, but you can party ALL week. Saturdays in NY are crap, JV or JP????!!?!? No thank you. Sundays are good, but they are in London.

Mate you have to spend some time in London, all these people who comment have never lived there.

They have the shows in London, the resteraunts.. EVERYTHING you have in NY. Just a better night life.

i plan to..

UK sucks.. NYC rules ;)

now shutup and give me my cd

they don't have giuliani but there are experiencing the same dificultities now. London lost Home and NY lost twilo...but pacha is opening soon in london.

I any case the uk has a club culture that ny or any other city has...only ibiza 3 months a year and buenos aires (pacha 1 day a week - best club in the world!).

but NY has tenaglia so new yorkers can have some fun too

Only because we can DANCE, instead of following what everbody else does. Wheres the originality, people? I went to fridge, mass, and club 414, and everybody is doing the same hop. wheres the fun in that? and forget about raving, its like it never existed, and people thin they are the dudes at airports who direct the planes when they are taxi'ing.... what the hell?

Originally posted by swiftcat

Only because we can DANCE, instead of following what everbody else does. Wheres the originality, people? I went to fridge, mass, and club 414, and everybody is doing the same hop. wheres the fun in that? and forget about raving, its like it never existed, and people thin they are the dudes at airports who direct the planes when they are taxi'ing.... what the hell?

LOL,

Yeh right i hav been out in NY, in Twilo there was only one guy who could dance. I went to talk with him and he was Irish. Whats all this doing bloody break dancing in a circle in a house club shit? Didn't people stop breaking 10 years ago? Then you have your 'stringers' :laugh: If you call stagering round on K dancing then yeah.

Besides you went to the wrong places.

you have a point, london is huge, but the general consensus that

i've gotten from other people who has visited is pretty much the

same thing. :confused: but in that respect, you havent been to the right places either, twilo got shut down and centro is the place to be for friday and saturday and people are always buggin out and bustin grooves on the dance floor.

It has now been two more weeks of being in NY. Much to my surprise it hasn't got any better. The atmosphere of most places is completely fake, just like the yanks! When are you lot gonna get real and get your head's from out of your arse's. Why is there this obession for cheesey trance and almost pop sounding music. I have been completely let down by the scene over here. It has made me proud to be British. London has variety, character and most of all decent up for it people. It doesn't matter what you look like or how you dance, it's about having a laugh, being nice, and getting on it.

Maybe in years to come NY will have the reputation that London has always had. It's funny, it's the one thing Americans cant get right. You are all just too cheesey for words, infact your brie!!!!!

Cool Britaina, Britaina rule the scene, la la la la la la la la la !!!!!!!!

:D

When you said KEEP IT HARD, was that in reference to keepin my dick hard in your mouth while you wrote that post? Oh i will, sir, and allow me to say what you could have said had not my penis be shoved up your ass and out of your mouth. You british people have mindless dance patterns which consist of, and exclusively of, jumping around with bad teeth. nothing more and nothing less. With glow sticks, you EAT them (bad). You're pubs are superficial, with the feeling of the ancient archaic pathetic history of the uk. Your house has no soul and niether does your royalty.

:blown: :blown: :blown: :blown: :blown: :blown: :blown: :blown: :blown:

Originally posted by ry69uk

It has now been two more weeks of being in NY. Much to my surprise it hasn't got any better. The atmosphere of most places is completely fake, just like the yanks! When are you lot gonna get real and get your head's from out of your arse's. Why is there this obession for cheesey trance and almost pop sounding music. I have been completely let down by the scene over here. It has made me proud to be British. London has variety, character and most of all decent up for it people. It doesn't matter what you look like or how you dance, it's about having a laugh, being nice, and getting on it.

Maybe in years to come NY will have the reputation that London has always had. It's funny, it's the one thing Americans cant get right. You are all just too cheesey for words, infact your brie!!!!!

Cool Britaina, Britaina rule the scene, la la la la la la la la la !!!!!!!!

:D

If you're so fukin disappointed with NYC, then take your ASS (ARSE) the fuck back home......

Originally posted by ry69uk

It doesn't matter what you look like or how you dance, it's about having a laugh, being nice, and getting on it.

thats b/c you brits dont' have any rhythm and can't dance..

lmao

and there are like 3 clubs in nyc that play cheesy poppy sounding trance.. our scene for music lovers is much more low key.. all about the lounges..

besides, it was the UK that turned clubs into a commercial event..