Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Is Tony Draper hard at Exit?

went two weeks ago w/ msoprano to check it out and chill w/ some people and he was awful.. wasn't even mixing half the nite.. wasn't even music, it was noize..

and the system absolutely blows.. w/o a doubt the worst system in the city right now.. he shot that system to shit, it used to be half way decent..

Originally posted by clubmanxtc

absolutely 100% true i went 2 weeks ago i thought the music was ok but no hard house music boo who if u want hard music got to the red room its def 100 times better in there. :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

yea i agree..

i'm not a huge fan of the nyc commercial sound, but justin was playing way more quality in that room...

from what i heard that week, w/ the sound exit goes w/, there is no doubt in my mind that he should have been on the main floor along w/ the dj in the white room from that nite..

but hopefully big changes will be happening on 56th after the renovation...

Draper's bad! Dance party USA teenybopper type shit! Half the time he just pops on a CD and lets it play. Last time i was there, thats what was going on....maybe if the owner wasnt sucha PRICK exit would get junior as the resident, too bad! he doesnt deserve junior anyway or the millions junior would bring in for him!

Originally posted by Triumph

Draper's bad! Dance party USA teenybopper type shit! Half the time he just pops on a CD and lets it play. Last time i was there, thats what was going on....maybe if the owner wasnt sucha PRICK exit would get junior as the resident, too bad! he doesnt deserve junior anyway or the millions junior would bring in for him!

He puts in a CD and lets it play?? Thats the most rediculous statement I've ever heard in my life!!! Im not a huge Draper or Exit friday fan but he would never and has never done that. Two years ago I never missed a friday and used to hangout in the booth farely often and watch Tony. I never saw anything like that. Especially now when there are 20 people in the booth some of which being DJ's who would notice that he's putting a mix in and hitting play. Some effects and stuff he does are pre-recorded but all his mixing is live. Why that thought would even go through your head baffles me.

Originally posted by dmerces

He puts in a CD and lets it play?? Thats the most rediculous statement I've ever heard in my life!!! Im not a huge Draper or Exit friday fan but he would never and has never done that. Two years ago I never missed a friday and used to hangout in the booth farely often and watch Tony. I never saw anything like that. Especially now when there are 20 people in the booth some of which being DJ's who would notice that he's putting a mix in and hitting play. Some effects and stuff he does are pre-recorded but all his mixing is live. Why that thought would even go through your head baffles me.

well i wasn't watching him.. and dont' know what was going on.. but between 6-7 he wasn't mixing half the tracks.. fading out and bringing the next in.. total crap..

and i'm just curious how you've been going to exit fridays for 2 years, when the club hasn't even been open that long, and the friday party started 6 months after the grand opening...

Originally posted by PFloyd40

went two weeks ago w/ msoprano to check it out and chill w/ some people and he was awful.. wasn't even mixing half the nite.. wasn't even music, it was noize..

and the system absolutely blows.. w/o a doubt the worst system in the city right now.. he shot that system to shit, it used to be half way decent..

i have to agreee here 100%.. draper just bangs it out and has no flow to his set. i was feeling dj justin but then his equipment malfunctioned and he was still better then draper was......i wont be going back until after the renovations and hopefully a new main floor dj

Originally posted by rudeboyyouth

He never said he was going to Exit for two years. What he did say was what he noticed two years ago. That doesn't imply that he has been going for two years. And I remember going to the friday party on more than one occasion two years ago.

do you realize what you just said????

how the hell can you notice something in the club from two years ago and not be going there for that long?!?!?!!?!?

if he remembers it two years ago that means he's been going there for two years..

but the damn club HASN'T EVEN BEEN OPEN THAT LONG... and imagine fridays didnt' start until march of last year making it a year and 4 months...

Listen...

Before you respond quickly, you might want to give something a little bit of thought:

Because one comments on what one noticed in a club two years ago, this does not necessarily mean that one has been going to that club for two years. What it does imply is that one did go to that club for a period of time (whether it be once or more) two years ago, and noticed something. Nothing was said about going to the club anytime after that; something was only said about that particular period that the individual went to the club two years ago, however it long it was.

"two years ago" the individual would never miss a friday, meaning that two years ago, the individual went to Exit, not

"For two years I've been going."

Read carefully next time, and don't assume too much.

Listen...

Before you respond quickly, you might want to give something a little bit of thought:

Because one comments on what one noticed in a club two years ago, this does not necessarily mean that one has been going to that club for two years. What it does imply is that one did go to that club two years ago, and noticed something. Nothing was said about going to the club anytime after that; something was only said about that particular time that the individual went to the club two years ago.

Read carefully next time, and don't assume too much.

dont' take that condescending tone w/ me.. you'll get schooled..

didn't mention anything about any time after that point(which doesn't even exist b/c the club hasn't even been open two years) from two years prior?

his exact words...

Especially now when there are 20 people in the booth some of which being DJ's who would notice that he's putting a mix in and hitting play. Some effects and stuff he does are pre-recorded but all his mixing is live. Why that thought would even go through your head baffles me.

seems i'm not the one who's literacy is in question...

Him describing what Draper does now in relation to what he did two years ago, does not necessarily mean he has been going during that time lapse.

If he had been going for two years straight, he would have said "For two years, I've never missed a friday." But rather, he said "Two years ago, I never missed a friday." Him speaking of the present in relation to the past is not enough to draw some haphazard conclusion about how long he has been going. It merely implies that he went for a period of time two years ago, and is also aware of the present because he went recently. It says nothing about the time in between. Don't assume anything about that period of time, especially when it clearly says "Two years ago."

As for him not saying anything about his ventures during the two year lapse that follows, it implies nothing about the club being open for less than two years. If anything, it says that the club was open since the time he has gone; the present (which is what he briefly describes) minus "two years ago" equals a difference of at least two years. He says nothing about going during that lapse, only "Now" when there are 20 people in the booth. Now does not imply anything about the two year lapse, but only the present.

Spend less time thinking about my tone, and more time thinking about what you write.

Him describing what Draper does now in relation to what he did two years ago, does not necessarily mean he has been going during that time lapse.

If he had been going for two years straight, he would have said "For two years, I've never missed a friday." But rather, he said "Two years ago, I never missed a friday." Him speaking of the present in relation to the past is not enough to draw some haphazard conclusion about how long he has been going. It merely implies that he went for a period of time two years ago, and is also aware of the present because he went recently. It says nothing about the time in between. Don't assume anything about that period of time, especially when it clearly says "Two years ago."

As for him not saying anything about his ventures during the two year lapse that follows, it implies nothing about the club being open for less than two years. If anything, it says that the club was open since the time he has gone; the present (which is what he briefly describes) minus "two years ago" equals a difference of at least two years. He says nothing about going during that lapse, only "Now" when there are 20 people in the booth. Now does not imply anything about the two year lapse, but only the present.

Spend less time thinking about my tone, and more time thinking about what you write.

please... enough w/ your piddly little games..

you clearly stated, and i quote..

Nothing was said about going to the club anytime after that; something was only said about that particular period that the individual went to the club two years ago, however it long it was.

and he clearly spoke about the present, where he attended the club here..

Especially now when there are 20 people in the booth some of which being DJ's who would notice that he's putting a mix in and hitting play. Some effects and stuff he does are pre-recorded but all his mixing is live. Why that thought would even go through your head baffles me.

therefore, you were mistaken..

Don't assume anything about that period of time

assumption seems to be a practice you engage in, not me.. you've taken it upon yourself to put words in my mouth.. to *assume* that going for two years when stated by myself, meant every weekend, when clearly no such statement was ever made.. please feel free to show if such evidence exists on the contrary, at any time..

your argumentative tactics are weak.. you continue to focus on one point.. critique me on one assumption made by yourself about my statements.. and yet you refuse to address the flaws in your argument.. that is weak

but continue hammering home your worthless point that have already been refuted.. you look very intelligent repeating the same idea over and over..

and continuing on about the club being open two years makes you look real brilliant too...

Here is my proof of your assumption:

"How the hell can you notice something in the club from two years ago and not be going there for that long?...if he remembers it two years ago, that means he's been going there for two years."

Let me break this down very simply for you, since you seem to have a very difficult time understanding. Whether or not it be one or four points I am focussing on, this point you made here clearly depicts your haphazard assumption:

"How the hell can you notice something in the club from two years ago and not be going there for that long" The answer to this is very simple. If I went to exit two years ago, never went for a period of at least two years, and then went again in the present, I would still be able to draw my own conclusion about the djing skills of the dj. Regardless of whether or not my conclusion about the dj's skills are valid/fair, it is still a conclusion that can be drawn; what I remember (FROM two years ago) in relation to what I see (NOW in the present) would help me form that conclusion.

"If he remembers it two years ago that means he's been going there for two years." If I went to Beefsteak Charlie's 10 years ago and remembered some guy cooking the steak like shit, I would still be able to remember the way it was cooked without having gone there again until the present. Your assumption (that was made very clear) was that the individual obviously had been going to Exit for two years because he commented on a previous period (that took place 2 years ago) and the present; your assumption is false.

I could care less about seeming intelligent; that really wouldn't make any difference to me. What makes the difference is that you understand what you're writing before you try and write something you believe makes sense. This is not some petty exercise in argumentative skills and logic; I could give a shit about either of them. I could care less for your argumentative skills as well. Stop focussing on my "arguing" skills, and spend more time writing clearly. Your ability to "refute" me is bullshit.

You never had a valid argument to begin with, and as such, I was never trying to refute you.

I am correcting you.

Here is my proof of your assumption:

"How the hell can you notice something in the club from two years ago and not be going there for that long?...if he remembers it two years ago, that means he's been going there for two years."

Let me break this down very simply for you, since you seem to have a very difficult time understanding. Whether or not it be one or four points I am focussing on, this point you made here clearly depicts your haphazard assumption:

"How the hell can you notice something in the club from two years ago and not be going there for that long" The answer to this is very simple. If I went to exit two years ago, never went for a period of at least two years, and then went again in the present, I would still be able to draw my own conclusion about the djing skills of the dj. Regardless of whether or not my conclusion about the dj's skills are valid/fair, it is still a conclusion that can be drawn; what I remember (FROM two years ago) in relation to what I see (NOW in the present) would help me form that conclusion.

"If he remembers it two years ago that means he's been going there for two years." If I went to Beefsteak Charlie's 10 years ago and remembered some guy cooking the steak like shit, I would still be able to remember the way it was cooked without having gone there again until the present. Your assumption (that was made very clear) was that the individual obviously had been going to Exit for two years because he commented on a previous period (that took place 2 years ago) and the present; your assumption is false.

I could care less about seeming intelligent; that really wouldn't make any difference to me. What makes the difference is that you understand what you're writing before you try and write something you believe makes sense. This is not some petty exercise in argumentative skills and logic; I could give a shit about either of them. I could care less for your argumentative skills as well. Stop focussing on my "arguing" skills, and spend more time writing clearly. Your ability to "refute" me is bullshit.

You never had a valid argument to begin with, and as such, I was never trying to refute you.

I am correcting you.

once again.. you write a long response, all the while saying nothing different than you have throughout this entire thread...

you continue to ignore this point, that i've copied here from an earlier post..

-----------------------------------------

quote:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Nothing was said about going to the club anytime after that; something was only said about that particular period that the individual went to the club two years ago, however it long it was.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

quote:

--------------------------------------

just figured i'd point you erroe once again, since it seems to be eluding you..

moving right along..

If he remembers it two years ago that means he's been going there for two years." If I went to Beefsteak Charlie's 10 years ago and remembered some guy cooking the steak like shit, I would still be able to remember the way it was cooked without having gone there again until the present.

and you would have been going there for 10 years..

you have a problem understanding whats written.. YOU are the won making erroneous assumptions, not me.. this statement, "i've been going to exit for two years" makes no mention of the frequency w/ which one visited the establishment.. merely states the period of time for which the individual has attended the club from his or her initial appearence to the present.. therefore, you are wrong once again..

and since the theme of these posts is me proving you wrong and you looking silly, let me continue right along...

And I remember going to the friday party on more than one occasion two years ago.

two years ago huh? how was it back then? slammin? i heard they werent' doing too well.. something about a fire? then again, charred walls must have made for nice decor?

but keep right on skirting the issue.. maybe sooner or later you'll make a valid point.. too bad in won't be in regards to the issue at hand..

then again, if you have any dignity, don't bother.. your making yourself look worse and worse..

goodnite

It's obvious that you don't know how to read.

The bottom line is this:

If one speaks of something that happened when they went to a club two years "AGO" and then compares it to their experience in the same venue 2 years later (THE PRESENT), there is no implication that they have been going for that entire period of time. You took it upon yourself to assume that.

As for the rest of your reply, stop crying.

That simple point is far too difficult for you to understand, and you're actually looking very retarded while trying to make it seem right. Reading comprehension is a good thing; take advantage of it.

Until then, don't even have the audacity to imply that what you pose is an argument or a rebuttal; it's hardly worthy of any such term.

And yes, I am the "WON" who is mistaken.

Get some rest; you need it.

Originally posted by PFloyd40

please... enough w/ your piddly little games..

assumption seems to be a practice you engage in, not me.. you've taken it upon yourself to put words in my mouth.. to *assume* that going for two years when stated by myself, meant every weekend, when clearly no such statement was ever made.. please feel free to show if such evidence exists on the contrary, at any time..

your argumentative tactics are weak.. you continue to focus on one point.. critique me on one assumption made by yourself about my statements.. and yet you refuse to address the flaws in your argument.. that is weak

but continue hammering home your worthless point that have already been refuted.. you look very intelligent repeating the same idea over and over..

and continuing on about the club being open two years makes you look real brilliant too...

Hmmmm where to start with this one? Im sorry for my overstatement of time with how long Exit has been open, my bad. But the club will have its two year anniversary within the next month because it opened two Augusts ago. Anyway I haven't been reading the whole thing you guys have had going back and forth but Im going to say this. I was at Exit every friday when the party first started and haven't been to the club on a friday in a long time except for a few weeks ago. So the answer is no, I haven't been going to Exit the whole time. Your attempt at causing drama is useless. If you weren't watching him like you said then you shoudn't make an accusation about him putting in a CD and letting it play.

YO WHAT IS THIS BASH DRAPER AND EXIT DAY HONESTLY I RESPECT ALL YOUR OPINIONS BUT THERES NOT A DAMN THING YOU CAN SAY THATS GONNA CHANGE ANYTHING IF U DON'T LIKE DRAPER FINE THEN DON'T BUT BASHING HIM ALL DAY ON HERE IS POINTLESS I WAS AT EXIT WIT MOST U PPL THAT NIGHT I DIDN'T HEAR ANY COMPLAINTS THEN BUT THAS COOL.ALL THEY PLAY AT EXIT IS HARD SHIT SO I DON'T KNOW WHAT ANYONE OF U R TALKING ABOUT IM THERE EVERYWEEK U GUYS GO ONCE AND PASS TOTAL JUDGEMENT THATS NOT RIGHT BUT YO YOUR STILL MY PEEPS REGARDLESS BUT THE BOTTOM LINE IS THE CROWD AT EXIT LOVES DRAPER NOW THATS 3000 TO YOUR 20 COMPLAINTS NOT GOOD ODDS YA THINK...