Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Ll Review 7/27

this was my first time to limelight, and i thought the place was fuckin hot. i knew it was a church, but it looked so much phatter than i imagined. the lighting was pretty good, mainly that laser light up at the top makes it so good. the sound system was def good. i liked the crowd alot. crowd was very alive, although they coulda been a little bit more crazy. gettin in for $15 was nice too, nice change from payin $25 for exit or SF all the time. and andrew mendez was fuckin insane!!! i think he played a great set. he kept the energy goin the whole time...would play some slow chill beats, then pump up the energy, then bring it back down, then back up again....and then from 3:00 till we left at about 5, the energy was way up the whole time. he dropped overdrive, which def got the crowd goin. absolutely not was a phat track, and actually the first time i heard it. god, i wish i could remember more. all in all, it was a great night, and LL is a great venue. i will def be back. i think ive had enough of exit, and that damn sound system. hopefully after the renovations it will be better. i never realized how bad it really was till being in LL last nite, and just being able to hear how much better it was. and the one time i was at SF, i was way too far into my own world to even notice the music that nite, which is a damn shame.

oh, and we got there pretty damn early, and there was this like 80 yr old guy spinnin around on the dance floor. it was one of the biggest bug outs ive ever seen. but the funniest thing about it was he had a bracelet on for drinking...now c'mon, he had gray hair and wrinkles...was the wristband really necessary? :laugh: :laugh:

im starting to remember more and more of last nite/this morning. like i said, he dropped overdrive, which is such a sick song. when we first walked in(very early) Soulshaka was on...ummm..he also dropped:

filter-take my picture(good odl beat, but not the mix i like)

stranger in my house(everyone was like "wtf is he playin this for?")

hide u

absolutely not

revolution

star 69

mix the master(i luv that fuckin song, and that was the first time i heard it in a club)

he fooled around with to be able to love, but never actually dropped it, at least while i was there until 5am, i kinda wanted to hear it too, and was a little disappointed that he didnt play it.(i knda wished there were some more vocals last nite, and im not really big on vocals either)

unfortunately, my head is still spinning, and im tired(only sleep i got was the hour-long train ride this morning), and ive been working since 10am, and that's all i remember. there were so many more hot tracks, but i dont know the names.

someone help me out, cuz there were alot of hot songs last nite.

alright heres my review

first off the crowd was extremely mixed... maybe mixed for the worst in my opinion.. i like the crowd better back when ojeda was spinning there.. i have to use the word ghetto here.....

music wise:

menendez was alright.. i liked some of the tracks but his mixing was off espicially after 4.... he kept dropping one song with the base and then just starting up the next song.... i call those draper moves but he is better then draper. hes young so hes got time to improve. he droppd a lot of hard tracks which was nice casue im a huge fun of hard trance. menendez just tighten up your mixes and stop jumpin back and forth so much..

just my $.02

Originally posted by msoprano13

alright heres my review

first off the crowd was extremely mixed... maybe mixed for the worst in my opinion.. i like the crowd better back when ojeda was spinning there.. i have to use the word ghetto here.....

music wise:

menendez was alright.. i liked some of the tracks but his mixing was off espicially after 4.... he kept dropping one song with the base and then just starting up the next song.... i call those draper moves but he is better then draper. hes young so hes got time to improve. he droppd a lot of hard tracks which was nice casue im a huge fun of hard trance. menendez just tighten up your mixes and stop jumpin back and forth so much..

just my $.02

yeah, i agree, mixing wasnt great, but i'm no one to talk anyway. but i loved the tracks he dropped. i had a great time overall, and cant wait to go back to limelight.

Originally posted by msoprano13

alright heres my review

music wise:

just my $.02

Your a bitch:eek: :smoke:

lol

Good seeing ya last night kidddd, even though I got there at like 5:15am...lmao

Originally posted by az-tec

Your a bitch:eek: :smoke:

lol

Good seeing ya last night kidddd, even though I got there at like 5:15am...lmao

who are you callin a bitch you bitch ass.....lmao....

it was good seein you guys last night and you guys arrived just in time for closing....lol

as we were coming home we saw steve from our car and we started screaming at him.......it was mad funny you had to be there though

Aight....heres my review 4 the nite....sorry about the meetup upstairs..I was stressing at the time and running all around...Start of the nite VERY HECTIC!! I'm on the Turnpike when all of a sudden I get a phone call from my boy. It seems that two of the people Im meeting up w/ at LL got caught buying K from an undercover up in north Bergen. So I/m freakin at this pt but still decide to go b/c I'm meeting my boy from Westchester there and dont wanna leave him hanging. I get there and suddenly see my ex...she fucken trys to rape and I ended up hiding from her (thank god she left early)

Music-wise: Andrew was good. He definately played some phat tracks. When Overdrive was played the place went crazy. But what the hell happened like at 4?? All the tracks were getting butchered for a bit (was that a equipment failure). Plus I can't agre w/ what people posted. "Absolutely Not" should not have been dropped when it was. Don't get me wrong its a phat track but when the beats were getting harder and a vocal is dropped it definately killed the feeling for me. It took me a while to get back into it. Definately played sum phats late into it though.

Crowd-Definately diverse. I hadnt been there a while and I was kinda shocked. There was definately every type of person there from ravers, to breakers, to the chique type. I was talking to alot of Twilo heads. There all kind lost trying to find a place..I gotta feel 4 them

Met up w/ sum of u again. Mssoprano, good seeing u again..ur boys from LI are mad cool. Blazeny...really chill..didnt notice how bad ur eye was till I saw it outside..shit tht had to hurt...I think I saw avalond3 across the crowd sumwhere

The 80 yr old dude tap dancing in the begining of the nite was mad funny

I had a good time last night music was pretty good except for when he would just cut it totally and there was nothing but whatever... He lost the crowd for a little bit but he got them back soon after. I had never been there so it was cool to see the place.

as for meetups i think i missed them got there at like 2ish met up with msoprano and pfloyd right away which was hilarious because they were type bent. ezd it was nice chillin with you bro hope to see you out under better circumstances than your boys gettin caught and whatnot. easy on the eye its chillin

*John if ur reading this, ur a fawking crackhead, wa wa wa woo-hoo,lmao!*

Eh....LimeLight was ok. Place was kind of small and kind of grimy and dirty. Noticed a very mixed crowd. Seeemed to be a lot of twilo heads there. Music was ok last night. Alot of hard trance and then at 4ish, some harder house came on, which I liked. I dont know why he played that God awful song "absolutely not". The song has to be the worst song ever made. Not sure why he dropped it, killed his whole set, but whatver.

Good to see sorprano again....got to chill again soon....all in all, a decent place. I still prefer Exit over LL.wa wa wa wa

The only song that I was really happy to hear was "sonic boooooom"(yomanda Mix). This song sounds great in a club! Go dl and check it out!

:D

Originally posted by avalondon3

*John if ur reading this, ur a fawking crackhead, wa wa wa woo-hoo,lmao!*

Eh....LimeLight was ok. Place was kind of small and kind of grimy and dirty. Noticed a very mixed crowd. Seeemed to be a lot of twilo heads there. Music was ok last night. Alot of hard trance and then at 4ish, some harder house came on, which I liked. I dont know why he played that God awful song "absolutely not". The song has to be the worst song ever made. Not sure why he dropped it, killed his whole set, but whatver.

Good to see sorprano again....got to chill again soon....all in all, a decent place. I still prefer Exit over LL.wa wa wa wa

The only song that I was really happy to hear was "sonic boooooom"(yomanda Mix). This song sounds great in a club! Go dl and check it out!

:D

yo good seeing you to last night bro,. youy know when you are so drunk that you cant even function you can just sit there and liten to the beats.

well that was me brother

>First off I'd like to say thank you to everyone who showed up. I hope you had a good time......

>second, I'd like to apologize to EVERYONE who thought my performance was a litlle off. While i was mixing...some person who was in the booth (who shouldn't have been there) left a full cup of beer by my records. Some point during the night that whole cup of beer spilled all over my records and CD's. You guys asked why some of the music stopped was because my Cd's were wet and i didn't dry them enough, and most of my vinyl were not playable. It was a very frustrating night but i tried my best under the conditions and i hope it was good enough. A tip to everyone...the DJ booth is NOT a hang out for everyone. The DJ booth is a place where the DJ needs his space to really concentrate and do his thing. W/ alot of people hanging out in the booth it's very distracting and things could go wrong...like it did. So if a DJ ever say's please take it outside...DO NOT TAKE IT PERSONAL. We just need our privacy so you the people can have a great time :)

see you soon!!!

Peace, Love, Unity, Respect....

Andrew Mendez :) :) :) :) :) :)

ps.

I might be back this friday @ LIMELIGHT...so i hope to see you there again!

Originally posted by A to Z

>First off I'd like to say thank you to everyone who showed up. I hope you had a good time......

>second, I'd like to apologize to EVERYONE who thought my performance was a litlle off. While i was mixing...some person who was in the booth (who shouldn't have been there) left a full cup of beer by my records. Some point during the night that whole cup of beer spilled all over my records and CD's. You guys asked why some of the music stopped was because my Cd's were wet and i didn't dry them enough, and most of my vinyl were not playable. It was a very frustrating night but i tried my best under the conditions and i hope it was good enough. A tip to everyone...the DJ booth is NOT a hang out for everyone. The DJ booth is a place where the DJ needs his space to really concentrate and do his thing. W/ alot of people hanging out in the booth it's very distracting and things could go wrong...like it did. So if a DJ ever say's please take it outside...DO NOT TAKE IT PERSONAL. We just need our privacy so you the people can have a great time :)

see you soon!!!

Peace, Love, Unity, Respect....

Andrew Mendez :) :) :) :) :) :)

ps.

I might be back this friday @ LIMELIGHT...so i hope to see you there again!

sup bro.. nice tribal earlier on in the nite, and i was feelin the classics late nite.. i'm not really too big a fan of the nyc big room sound these days though as to the rest..

i definetly saw you bustin your ass though earlier on in the nite though which i thought was great.. not just leaving tracks playin for 10 minutes at a time, which i definetly thought was a plus.. keep up the good work and good luck w/ this friday :)

Originally posted by PFloyd40

sup bro.. nice tribal earlier on in the nite, and i was feelin the classics late nite.. i'm not really too big a fan of the nyc big room sound these days though as to the rest..

i definetly saw you bustin your ass though earlier on in the nite though which i thought was great.. not just leaving tracks playin for 10 minutes at a time, which i definetly thought was a plus.. keep up the good work and good luck w/ this friday :)

>I'm not a big fan of big room music either...but i have to cator to alot of people. I love all different kinds of music, House, tribal, vocal, dark, classics, trance, and techno. I just try to keep it real and give a variety to my audience. I just hope you all like it ;)

peace

Andrew Mendez :) :) :)

First time at limelight and I had a pretty good time. Music after 3 really made up for the stuff played before that. I'm sorry to say, but the jungle stuff from like, 12 to 3 was horrible. But I cant stop thinking bout how good the trance was later at night. I was jumping like crazy for 2 hours straight when it started getting really good. Unbelievable tracks. Overall, Mendez did a really great job.

It was also fun breakin with the crew that was there, gave me a chance to get the rust out of my joints. But... it got really ridiculous when that one black dude got all up in the white guys face during the battle like he wanted to fight or something. That was whack. Other than that, the guys were really cool, thanks for the respect.:cool: