Clubplanet Nightlife Community

JUNIOR @ EXIT Confirmed!!!

What NYC needs! Finally a club that will have an impact the way Arena @ palladium did. Jonathan Peters, Boris, and all other DJ's will have to step off their throne, cause the King of NYC Nightlife will be throned on his B-Day Aug 25th. With the expansion of the club, hundreds of thousands of dollars in Sound System modifications (J.V.S. Junior Vasquez Souds) this place will be banging out Beats to 8,000 people every Sat night/Sunday afternoon. Plus with Guliani leaving soon...... "Earth" will be the ultimate escape from reality!

I just joined this board, and already I am getting the best info ever!!!! JUNIOR POUNDS!!! I Loved him at Twilo, and it'll be awesome to hear him again at Exit. Just 1 question fur ya though Why even bother comparing Junior to Peters and Boris??? JV is sickkkkkkkkk!!!!!!!:eek:

Because many people new to NYC nightlife claim Jonathan or Boris to be the best DJ they ever heard..... And they are correct because they NEVER heard Junior at his best. You'd be surprised how many kids out there dont know about Jr's afterhour sets. They are guessing that JP is harder. The only thing they dont know is when Junior goes hard (usually after 6am), he makes any other DJ sound like shit. Not the Techno style hard which is fast and repetitive, but NY Style Hard beats which make you Dance!!!

Again, maybe the fans like trancy techno style music. Junior plays mostly Hard House, Hard Tribal, and then when he mixes the newest tracks completely unheard of, with his own Beats and sound effects, and then brings in an old house classic on top with mixing that cant be matched.... Something the Legends know about and the new kids to find out about at Earth.

Who claimed Jonathan & Boris?? As far as I remember Danny Is still KING in this town. And EXIT needed this they haven't gone over the 4000 capacity on a friday or saturday in months.

And Arena & Juniorverse will not be recreated let the memory rest in peace and hope JUNIOR does a good job as usual.

Well.... That is what I have personally heard from others. Not too many people that I have come accross have talked about Danny in such a manner as they have with Jonathan and Boris. And I personally cannot comment on that one myself since I have only heard Danny once and was never motivated enough to go again. Boris I heard about 8 times, Jonathan about 25 - 30 times, Junior about 100 times, so I do believe I have an idea about their capabilities and talents. That is why I can compare them but not Danny. Your opinion is noted and well respected though.

Originally posted by zee5b

Well.... That is what I have personally heard from others. Not too many people that I have come accross have talked about Danny in such a manner as they have with Jonathan and Boris.

OMFG:laugh: :laugh::worry:

That could be the funiest thing Ive heard all week.....

in case most people have not figured this out yet in life, let me let you in on a little secret...

'There is no-BEST OF anything' that little term "The BEST" is for pure marketing purposes only....

being the best, or being involved in in the best is a "MOMENTARY" state, which means in plain terms, "Last Week was good, but today it's THE BEST..." in other words, last week was the best, now this week is the best, and next week might suck, but the week after might also be the best, etc. etc. etc.....

so with that in mind.... there is no "DEFINITION" of who "THE BEST" DJ is... or who the best DJ is gonna be... or who might be the best tomorrow, etc. etc. etc.....

what is being discussed here is "TASTE" your taste and my taste and his taste and her taste are all different.... so with the mere logic of human nature, it is impossible to define "THE BEST"

so with that being said, the only way to equivilate something like who is better, would come down to "LONGIVETY." in other words, "who has been turning in out the longest...." who for more then 12 years, has packed their club night in and night out...

who has turned in more LEGENDARY performances week in and week out for over 12 years... WHO has been holding down the afterhours scene the longest.... WHO has been using samplers, effects, keyboards, and his own remixes, since most of you and the other jocks were in their diapers... WHO opened the door for the DJ to become a remix artist.... WHO was working with such artist as Madonna & Prince & Sting, since before some of todays jocks even knew how to spin records.... I can go on for days, the point is, this is the only way to get some sort of formula to equate who the best jocks is and has been in New York City, for over the past 12 years... JUNIOR

it's not about if you don't like his style & someone else does like his style... it's about "LONGIVETY" it's about turning it out, week after week, after week, after month after year for over 12 years...

right now, JUNIOR owns that right, maybe in 10 years, DT will hav ethat right, or JP, but only time will tell then.... in due time, people will forget JUNIOR by then, and it will be one of their turns, or my turn, the point is, right now, JUNIOR hold NYC in the palm of his hands, and has been doing so for many years....

Originally posted by TM

in case most people have not figured this out yet in life, let me let you in on a little secret...

'There is no-BEST OF anything' that little term "The BEST" is for pure marketing purposes only....

being the best, or being involved in in the best is a "MOMENTARY" state, which means in plain terms, "Last Week was good, but today it's THE BEST..." in other words, last week was the best, now this week is the best, and next week might suck, but the week after might also be the best, etc. etc. etc.....

so with that in mind.... there is no "DEFINITION" of who "THE BEST" DJ is... or who the best DJ is gonna be... or who might be the best tomorrow, etc. etc. etc.....

what is being discussed here is "TASTE" your taste and my taste and his taste and her taste are all different.... so with the mere logic of human nature, it is impossible to define "THE BEST"

so with that being said, the only way to equivilate something like who is better, would come down to "LONGIVETY." in other words, "who has been turning in out the longest...." who for more then 12 years, has packed their club night in and night out...

who has turned in more LEGENDARY performances week in and week out for over 12 years... WHO has been holding down the afterhours scene the longest.... WHO has been using samplers, effects, keyboards, and his own remixes, since most of you and the other jocks were in their diapers... WHO opened the door for the DJ to become a remix artist.... WHO was working with such artist as Madonna & Prince & Sting, since before some of todays jocks even knew how to spin records.... I can go on for days, the point is, this is the only way to get some sort of formula to equate who the best jocks is and has been in New York City, for over the past 12 years... JUNIOR

it's not about if you don't like his style & someone else does like his style... it's about "LONGIVETY" it's about turning it out, week after week, after week, after month after year for over 12 years...

right now, JUNIOR owns that right, maybe in 10 years, DT will hav ethat right, or JP, but only time will tell then.... in due time, people will forget JUNIOR by then, and it will be one of their turns, or my turn, the point is, right now, JUNIOR hold NYC in the palm of his hands, and has been doing so for many years....

Amen!

Originally posted by zee5b

. "Earth" will be the ultimate escape from reality!

There we go again w/ the Earth rumor...Can someone sumone confirm or deny this. Is this the new name of the club or the Saturday party??

Wow.... TM. It's very good to know that there are still some wise people left on this message board. Everyone else is cracked out!!! Just kidding.... Junior's fans in case you don't know, get cracked out the hardest due to the super-afterhour sets. At a private party he was spinning at, JV announced he will play till 10 on the B-Day. That means 10~PM~!!! Lately exit doesn't even stay open till 10AM.