Clubplanet Nightlife Community

NYC trips

I know a bunch of you go up to NY every now and then to go clubbing, and I know I'll be missing my NY scene when I go back to school. I also want to keep a dance residency once a month somewhere up here. I won't be able to have a car so I was hoping some of you can tell me the cheapest, easiest and/or safest way to make the trip regularly (ex. if I have to be at the port authority after 10 pm it's not a good idea lest this become me -->:blown: ) Thanks for the clues!

:)

i totally agree - port authority is not that shady, plus you don't even have to leave the station - you can just pick up the subway inside the station.

also, i can't remember the exact rules, but if you're under 25 or something, you can buy coupon books of shuttle tickets (both us air and delta). they come in packs of 4 or 8 (each good for a 1-way trip) and come out to something like $55 or $60/each way. no reservations are needed on the shuttle either - you just hop on and go. it's great!

Yeah, these are some of the best ways to get there. Also, I (along with Millelle, and a couple of others) drive up there every once in a while (it used to be almost every weekend, but now with Twilo closed, its only like once a month), and if we have space we'd be more than happy to give you a ride up.

I think my next trip will be Labor Day weekend.

I'll let you know if we have space in my car - I know I'm going up, but am not sure how many of my friends are coming with me. BTW, if you do go up that weekend, I think you should check out Danny Howells @Vinyl on Sept 2...if you've never heard him before, let me tell you he's amazing, and hes gonna be spinning another 10 hour set!

Originally posted by bugoutgirl

Is anyone going up to Electric Circus 3 at club exit on Sept 2?? I'm in Baltimore and my boyfriend and I are looking to carpool with someone...

Woo hoo! Just found out that I can definitely be at DH on the 2nd! Raver, will you definitely be there?? I'm so excited since I missed it on July 3rd... I'll be driving up to NYC on the 1st. I'll let you know if I have space for anyone who needs a ride. The catch is that I won't be driving back since I'm moving up north.

:)