Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Radiohead.

back2basics-

They we pretty darned good.

A good all round show IMO, played the classics from OK computer, Kid A and amnesiac. You have to love the new album, particularly loved Life in a Glass house.

I love radiohead, but live I think they lack something other world class bands have... energy. They are so tight and a class act on stage, Thom Yorke doing quiet a few songs with his face right in front of a camera so you had a 50 foot head singing to you (with good effect). But, and I think it's partly to do with what they play, they don't really kick it.

I have to say they have improved since the last time I saw them. Last time was in a small venue and they just got on with playing their instruments and hardly interacted with the audience at all.

One other thing, god the crowd there were boring. What is it over here? When you go to the Cinema you always have loads of people clapping, whooping, shouting YEAH and shit like that. Then you go to a concert and people just stand around. You could look over the top of the crowd last night and just see still heads, not even nodding. Now it may have had something to do with the lack of alcohol at the gig (they weren't selling anything), but still.

Anyway rounded the night off with more beer and a curry with Wombat and Brian and woke up with a house full of bugs. That's Wednesday, and this is Thursday... let's av it.