Clubplanet Nightlife Community

BARNSLEY Vs new york

This is more like it, now Barnsley is a small mining town up't north in the UK.

They are about 5 years behind the rest of the UK in just about every respect. Girls get dressed up like tarts to go out, people use glowsticks, kids on corners breakdance. It's a smelly depressing hole.

I think this would be a more fitting comparison to NY.

Originally posted by PFloyd40

*yawn*

dont' be upset b/c we're cooler than you.. its ok, your still aight in my book ;)

Just saying your cooler doesn't mean you are.. nobody seems to be able to give me reasons, even though i can give you HUNDREDS why NY is a pretty sad and boring place to live.

Yeh NY WAS a cool place, but now it's just let it's self slip. You know everybody is deserting NY. Look how many 'stars' are moving to London.

Originally posted by back2basics-

Just saying your cooler doesn't mean you are.. nobody seems to be able to give me reasons, even though i can give you HUNDREDS why NY is a pretty sad and boring place to live.

Yeh NY WAS a cool place, but now it's just let it's self slip. You know everybody is deserting NY. Look how many 'stars' are moving to London.

i really havent' heard many reasons other than "we have cool clubs man!"

and we're cooler b/c we dont' have to go on about it..

Originally posted by PFloyd40

i really havent' heard many reasons other than "we have cool clubs man!"

and we're cooler b/c we dont' have to go on about it..

I think you need to read the post again... here's some more.

Better education (two of the best Universities in the world Oxford and Cambridge) what's that one in NY called?

Clubs are better.

Sport is better everywhere other than here.

Like I said we don't have millions of people who watch 'sports entertainment' (see point on education)

Food and general education are about the same.

Everybody has herd of the London philharmonic orchestra, very few have herd of NY philharmonic.

Which famous musician or band come from NY? And how many come from London.

London has history and a culture.

People who live in London are proud to be British. If you come from NY your are 10% Irish, 2.5% German, 17.4% Spanish etc etc.

They names NY twice because the taxi drivers couldn't understand it the first time. :laugh: (come on that's funny)

Your years behind the rest of the world as far as culture. Come on you HAVE to admit this. Cyber kids, glowsticks and trance and progressive, break dancing and baggy pants. Come on man we invented it you copied it, and are still doing it. You all love Gatecrasher and UK DJ's. Most Americans are Anglophiles.

Do I really have to go on?

Apart from Miami it is the most fake place on earth, fake breasts, people etc. Nobody seems happy with themselves, they make this persona and change there body, hair what ever it takes to get rid of their insecurities. Which bring me nicely on to the reason why everybody defends NY's coolness (well they don't come up with reasons they just keep saying it's cool without ANY reasons).... INSECURITY.

Now you give me some reasons Ny is cooler, anybody?

But your ok Rob :) Your just not typical of most NYers.

Originally posted by back2basics-

I think you need to read the post again... here's some more.

Better education (two of the best Universities in the world Oxford and Cambridge) what's that one in NY called?

Clubs are better.

Sport is better everywhere other than here.

Like I said we don't have millions of people who watch 'sports entertainment' (see point on education)

Food and general education are about the same.

Everybody has herd of the London philharmonic orchestra, very few have herd of NY philharmonic.

Which famous musician or band come from NY? And how many come from London.

London has history and a culture.

People who live in London are proud to be British. If you come from NY your are 10% Irish, 2.5% German, 17.4% Spanish etc etc.

They names NY twice because the taxi drivers couldn't understand it the first time. :laugh: (come on that's funny)

Your years behind the rest of the world as far as culture. Come on you HAVE to admit this. Cyber kids, glowsticks and trance and progressive, break dancing and baggy pants. Come on man we invented it you copied it, and are still doing it. You all love Gatecrasher and UK DJ's. Most Americans are Anglophiles.

Do I really have to go on?

Apart from Miami it is the most fake place on earth, fake breasts, people etc. Nobody seems happy with themselves, they make this persona and change there body, hair what ever it takes to get rid of their insecurities. Which bring me nicely on to the reason why everybody defends NY's coolness (well they don't come up with reasons they just keep saying it's cool without ANY reasons).... INSECURITY.

Now you give me some reasons Ny is cooler, anybody?

But your ok Rob :) Your just not typical of most NYers.

thanks man.. lol :)

just a few things to note..

education wise.. nyc- 2 business schools in top 10 in the world(columbia, and wooohooo NYU!! ;))

london- 1(london business school) oxford is 34, ouch;) so that one gets held up..

sport is not better.. we kick your ass in sports.. way more athletic.. give ya the edge in football(soccer) but thats it.. even in the olypics we kill you and european basketball is a joke..

"we" don't have people chasing referees out of stadiums when a team loses

on being years behind in culture.. i think you really are basing too much of your assumption on exit and sound factory.. which are only clubs first of all, and which also really don't represent nyc.. go to either club and ask people where they're from, jeresey will be the most likely response.. followed by long island..

you also contradicted yourself a little.. nyc has no culture, yet has that many different groups comprising it...

as for the GC thing.. in all honesty, the majority of nyc clubbers have never heard of it.. they know exit, sound factory, tunnel.. eddie baez, jonathan peters etc..

you invented break dancing?????

come on man...

as far as insecurity goes.. you seem to be the one going on and on.. i already said it once but i'll say it again.. people who are cool don't have to say it..

i have merely responded to your points..

now where's my cd?

bwahahahahahahahahaha ;)

Originally posted by ezd2

Brits r ugly ass people as well..they should all invest in braces to fix their teeth

God your really clever for thinking that up.. man that totally shut me up. I take everything I said back about the education system in NY. You are obviously too sharp for me.

So ALL brits are ugly and have bad teeth. Got it.

Rob, please refer to ezd2's post.