Clubplanet Nightlife Community

is there a market for hardcore anywhere besides raves?

ive been spinning a lot of hardcore lately and i like it....but if i ever did start spinning places would i get booked at clubs or just raves

i noticed like delirium, mumblz etc....are always at raves but i heard delirium is supposed to be at limelight this friday? (8/10) i also heard gonzo is gonna be there too

They used to play hardcore in the main room at Downtime on Saturdays a few months ago, but now they just play the same shit you hear everywhere else like Prodigy and Underworld.

From what I've seen, there really isn't a big enough scene to have a weekly hardcore night here. They have one-off events every now and then like when Lenny Dee played at Limelight a few weeks ago, but other than that, I've only heard it at underground parties and such. Although, it does seem like the scene is slowly starting to grow recently.

For material, you might want to check out HardComm at http://www.thoughtbludgeon.com/hardcore/index2.asp which is a collective of hardcore producers and DJs, a few of which are located in NY such as myself, Skinner, Descendant, and Sinibyte. I've also got a collection of gabber tracks on my page at http://vonstrecker.homestead.com which I'm going to make available soon for people to purchase.

Also, if you're looking to spin out, we're doing a hardcore party in Brooklyn sometime in Sept if you're interested. If you can get me a demo I can forward it to the organizers. My email is nroth@speakeasy.org

Yeah, im to old for that shit, i dont get it anymore?

some really really fast bass line with some guy screeming over it, or something, there's no soul in it

its Angry Teenager music, i think anyway, LOL

And since when Is Gonzo HARDCORE?

LOL

he spins hard shit, but i wouldnt say its "HARDCORE"

its kinda like, when kids say dj Venom spins hardcore?

when its more like hard house??

there's no soul to it, i call that Stuff

"speed music"

its only good on speed, lol

But dont get me wrong, i did use to like it.

But shit, it gets old fast...

as of hardcore party's?

NYWO....i hear they have something coming up soon

ehhhh.

to the fee to the fo to the fum

I SMELL THE BLOOD OF AN ENGLISH MUFFIN

I BELEAVE IN THE POWER OF ECSTASY

I BELEAVE

I BELEAVE

I BELEAVE

I

I

I

I BELEAVE

I BELEAVE IN THE POWER OF ECSTASY

I'M BIGGER AND BOULDER

I'M ROUGHER AND TOUGHER

IN OTHER WERDS SUCKER THERE IS NO OTHER

I'M ONE AND ONLY DOMINATOR

I'M ONE AND ONLY DOMINATOR

Originally posted by jaysea

Yeah, im to old for that shit, i dont get it anymore?

some really really fast bass line with some guy screeming over it, or something, there's no soul in it

"speed music"

its only good on speed, lol

But dont get me wrong, i did use to like it.

But shit, it gets old fast...

That's why hardcore has branched out into new subgenres just like every other style of music. It's not just gabber anymore, it's: speedcore, terrorcore, doomcore, power electronics, broken beat, drill-n-bass, etc. Hardcore has evolved just like house and trance to keep the listener interested without boring them with a constant distorted 909 pumping out the same 4-to-the-floor beat at 200bpm.