Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Gimme the final word on Webster Hall

Ok, I've read and heard of a lot of stuff about webster hall and how whack it is. One of my friends however, is convinced it is the "best club ever." Even though we look at completely different things in clubs and I most likely will disagree with him, I still want the general opinion of the club going public. Does WH suck? or rock? Hows the music? Crowd? Atmosphere?

Originally posted by breakeraver

Ok, I've read and heard of a lot of stuff about webster hall and how whack it is. One of my friends however, is convinced it is the "best club ever." Even though we look at completely different things in clubs and I most likely will disagree with him, I still want the general opinion of the club going public. Does WH suck? or rock? Hows the music? Crowd? Atmosphere?

These kind of topics are beat to death.

If you are into the "true" underground and listen to Djs such as Sasha-n-DIgweed, DT, DH, GUy Ornadel, PVD, Lawler, etc (Bascially any Twilo/Vinyl resident) then you will hate Webster Hall.

Everyone is entitled to what they like, I hate certain clubs yet they are packed every weekend. People dislike where I go,yet where i go is also packed every weekend.

General opinion isnt really general......certain people lke certain music who then like certain clubs.

GO for yourself, make your own judgement......Have your own opinion and stand by it. Fuck what everyone else says.

As for WH, its touristy, cheesy and lame in my opinion. However, I have a cousin who oves going there for the mid floor which plays everything from 80's to alternative.

I re-iterate, dont worry bout what a music snob like me says, or what a half drunk "Its off the hook" says. Make your own choice, decision and be happy......

webster hall is not that bad... i would rather go there than some places. at least the crowd is not a bunch of high schoolers. the good thing about webster hall is that there are a lot of different types of people and music represented... interesting stuff going on. i agree that there are a lot of tourists there, its not my kinda crowd and its way overpriced but like myrlin said, you should go and form your own opinion.

:rainbow:

I'm a Twilo person myself, but I think Webster Hall is a pretty decent club. They have a nice array or lighting effects, and the club as whole is littered with small decorations and such. I saw ATb and Acosta last Thursday and had a great time. It all depends what you are into. This is not a club for high schoolers which is a definetely plus. It's very diverse, they have multiple floors on which you can find all kinds of music from 80s to rap to trance. Go see for yourself.

this boards WH bashing kept me away from the club for good 2 years, until i finally tried it couple of weeks ago. I loved it. We got in for free on some bullshit list. Last time i got into a club fro free was 1997. Crowd wasn't very good lookin, but i didn't mind a break from the juiceheads. THe space there is unbelievable. It's a great place to chill. THe lights are by far the best I've seen. THey have this stage with lights behind it and then theres this moving ceiling of lights which i never seen anywhere else. Some friday dj, ricky something , ripped it up he didn't really play deep new underground shit, but he played a lot of nice shit, some tracks i thought i was never going to hear again in a club. The club wasn't crowded, and theres very nice area to chill on the balcony which oversees the main dance floor. I liked it so much that i went next thursday for ATB & Acosta. On a special event they comped my girl and we got complimentary champagne on no list whatsoever. ATB blew me away, the club was litterally jumping, i didn't even care that the record seemed to skip a few times. I was dying to hear this kind of music in a club. I only listened to it n essential mixes and my trance nrg videos. I was going nuts, sober. I'm planning to go there again very very soon. So if you have any doubts on the club, go and see for yourself, at least go for the go-go dancers. :D

Originally posted by myrlin

These kind of topics are beat to death.

If you are into the "true" underground and listen to Djs such as Sasha-n-DIgweed, DT, DH, GUy Ornadel, PVD, Lawler, etc (Bascially any Twilo/Vinyl resident) then you will hate Webster Hall.

-pvd and dt sasha n digweed are true underground...???

huh??

not tryin to sound like an expert or snob..i always thought they were rel. well known...

Originally posted by chillinvillain

-pvd and dt sasha n digweed are true underground...???

huh??

not tryin to sound like an expert or snob..i always thought they were rel. well known...

they are internationally known but they don't lower themselves to spin commercial tracks or remix shitty music

***well thats what I consider underground

That and early 90's in brooklyn

Few months ago a friend and I decide to go to Websterhall as a total goof - to see the tourists, the scene, the whatever. Aside from my very coordinated clubber dress the doorman barks out no sneakers. I tell him they are my dancing shoes. Same response. At that point we laugh if his face, look at each other, and spontaneously say "Twilo". Was happy to earn another T stripe on my arm that night.

Webster hall has great open space though - I mean I enjoyed DeepDish at Centro- but was bouncing off the confused pickup drones until 3 AM. I don't think you'll get much pluggedin music talent (with exceptions) but I also think with the right attitude you can have a blast.

And if it does end up sucking - grab the escape poll and slide down to Vinly.