Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Pics are online from Electro-Fusion nite at Lumonics

lumonicat

Yep, I went and it was actually pretty cool, and totaly unlike anything I have ever been to. Its more like a party or an event than a club.

I have no idea how to describe it. Kind of like I was invited to a party thrown by a bunch or robots at one of their art museums.

While the crowd was a bit young for me, I was envious of the obvious friendly family like vibe. (read plur)

I am dying to figure out the electronics they use in their scupltures to make them react to the music the way they do.

I had the best time just listing to the music and lounging around in the electronic pyramid with my shoes off, talking to my friends.

If I had a ton of money, I would throw parties just like it, occasionally.

BTW If you went there in an altered state, you could easily spend hours and hours admiring the coolest (and largest) trip toys you have ever seen. This is a whole new level.

My only complaint was the music in the main/dance room was a little too hardcore druggy for me (not that theres anything wrong with that :) ) the music in the perfomance room was perfect though.

BTW there is no way to capture this place on film.

That is quite a description of your nite at Lumonics, Shroomy. The part about it being unlike anything you have ever been to: "Its more like a party or an event than a club."

We hear that a lot. We began this as an art studio, it evolved into a multi-media theatre, and then we added the djs for the dance parties. People are surprised how friendly it all is. My biggest problem with going to clubs was how uptight it would get, starting with the doorman! And it was hard to meet people. Glad you appreciated the vibe.

And Johnny, I can see how looking the photos can give you an impression that seems unlike what you may be accustomed to, but try to check it out in person and see if it changes your opinion. We are doing a hard house nite on Thursday beginning at 10 pm for $10, with 2 djs coming in from Orlando; and Saturday, we are having a drum and dance party at Lumonics. For more info, check it out at www.lumonics.net