Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Pageing : Scratchpella

back2basics-

actually, the Irving street I'm thinking of (in NW) isn't that great of an area. (I'm thinkin like SW Chicago/Chicago Park). Are you sure it's NW? Maybe I'm wrong, you don't know what intersection it's nearby, do you?

As for the clubs, sun thru wed, check the thread you started on the DC board. both andalu and red are deep house dives, I think you'd like them.

Originally posted by scratchapella

actually, the Irving street I'm thinking of (in NW) isn't that great of an area. (I'm thinkin like SW Chicago/Chicago Park). Are you sure it's NW? Maybe I'm wrong, you don't know what intersection it's nearby, do you?

As for the clubs, sun thru wed, check the thread you started on the DC board. both andalu and red are deep house dives, I think you'd like them.

Yeh the place i am working is in a bad area... just how 'bad' is this area???

But i am staying in the Grand Hyat on 1000 H ST, booked it this afternoon. How far would you say that is away from Irving St NW?

Thanks for the club info :)

ok, forget what I said about the shadiness of that area. basically, if you stay w/in NW DC, it's all good. I know where the veteran's hospital is now. kinda near Howard University. The hyatt is like 15 minutes away by taxi. I'm not sure how many zones that covers, but DC cabbies are shady bastards, watch em good (esp at night when you're going out).

and i just remembered you said you like dnb/jungle in that other post, Monday night: ackshun jackson (great DC junglist) at the Kaffa House on U street. But that's SE- now that's straight up like the south side of Chicago. But you'll find some interesting characters at the Kaffa House, good underground music too.