Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Do you think the world's becoming too PC!? (poll)

Is our society/culture becoming too Politicaly correct?  

17 members have voted

1. 1. Is our society/culture becoming too Politicaly correct?

• YES! (lighten up America!)
    • NO! (watch your mouth and show some respect)
    • Who cares (I'm too busy watching both sides argue)

Well it aint what it use to be..

They ban Warner brothers cartoons for making "rascist cartoons" that poke fun of stereotypes.

They took the Little Rascals off the air..

aroooooo..

remmember when:

Sopranos offended the American Italians..

The quiero Taco Bell dog pissed off the mexicans..

Seinfield got a slap in the wrist for poking fun at the Puerto Rican day parade..

And Jay and Silent Bob's new film is already under attack by the Gay and Lesbian society..

EVERYONE these days it seems has to use the correct "termonology"

why can't you call someone a "Natzi" without the Jews freaking out?

Or make a joke or statement about ANY race, sex, or relgion without starting an uproar?

Are people TOO easily offended now (more than before)

Or is it Wrong to loosen up?

DO YOU FEEL THAT THE WORLD IS BECOMING TOO PC?

if you can't laugh at yourself who can you laugh at, i have no problem laughing at myself and enjoy a good rousting because of who and what i am.

with that thought in mind, it pisses me off when i laugh at a non PC joke and people give me dirty looks. especially when i know that those "PC" people are the biggest bigots out there.

i'm not prejudiced by any means, but i like to laugh and if it happens to be at someone or some group, its not that i look down on them or dislike anything about that group, it is nothing more than it being funny.

if the groups that waste all their time, money and energy on bitching about the Taco Bell ad campaign (and other such instances as were early alluded to by Mugz) concentrated on teaching our children tolerance, patience and how to celebrate our diversity instead of using it as another wall to differentiate between groups, America would be a better place.

Heh heh, you got the whole VIP posse ovah here after you. You must be flattered dude. Then they went nuts ovah a fucking pic. They really do take this messageboard thing too seriously. Lighten up, have some fun, you'll live longer people. It's only a messageboard.

... weren't banned. Warner Brothers just doesn't release them anymore because they're a huge media corporation and they don't want to be associated with racial sterotypes. Same with Disney and Song of the South. If black people remembered that shit they probably wouldn't shell out 200 bucks for an Iceberg sweater with fuckin' Mickey Mouse or Tweetey Bird's head on it.

The world isn't becoming too PC. It just so happens that a large majority of the comments/jokes that are made are pretty ignorant. What seems funny to one is not necessarily funny to another, and one shouldn't have to "See the humor" in it because the one who cracks the joke does. Even if not meant to offend, alot of the people who say the shit that is said happen to be stupid, so it comes off as offensive. It's a delicate issue, and jokes regarding race/culture etc. should not be dismissed as being mere jokes, in some cases. Granted, the incidents you listed aren't necessarilly negative depictions of Mexicans/Puerto Ricans, etc. I think the Sopranos is a slightly different case however; audiences like stories about the mafia, or any organized crime. The fact that the Sopranos are Italian doesnt make the show any more interesting to me; if it were about black gangsters, the Yakuza, or any other type of crime syndicate, I would love the show. I don't find the Italian actors within the show to be anything special; the plot is what is really great. Many of the HBO shows have superb writers (Especially "OZ"), and they are lucky enough to be successful with most of their series' as a result.

But no, the world isn't becoming too PC. Some people just talk too much, and when the bullshit they say is finally recognized as being retarded, they often hide behind "humor" or "harmless intentions." That is what the true bullshit is.

Originally posted by roadrunner

... weren't banned. Warner Brothers just doesn't release them anymore because they're a huge media corporation and they don't want to be associated with racial sterotypes. Same with Disney and Song of the South. If black people remembered that shit they probably wouldn't shell out 200 bucks for an Iceberg sweater with fuckin' Mickey Mouse or Tweetey Bird's head on it.

Come to think of it, in the South Park movie when they're watching the movie of Cartman's mom on the internet and asked "What the fuck's wrong with German people", I should have walked out and demanded my money back... even though it's only a fucking cartoon.

Originally posted by heretic909

Come to think of it, in the South Park movie when they're watching the movie of Cartman's mom on the internet and asked "What the fuck's wrong with German people", I should have walked out and demanded my money back... even though it's only a fucking cartoon.

Thought the same. Those kinna jokes are only funny as long as they do not affect you (Being German as well). That is something that might (!) be OK about political correctness. The thing I really hate is the thing with swearing. Hey, if something is fucked up I wanna be able to say its fucked up. I am so glad that I was able to say shit in school and didn't have to worry about getting detention or anything, because even the teachers swore. Thats definately a good thing about Germany, you can swear as long as there is a reason for it.