Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Which lounge to go on a Friday night?

A bunch of us are taking a friend out to celebrate her b-day in two weeks. Most of the people that are going prefer a rather non-rowdy scene. But I, and perhaps a few others, would like something that still has some excitement. So, basically, a nice classy lounge that has some dancing. A place where people who don't dance can sit, have drinks, and relax, and also allow others to dance and have fun. Any suggestions? What about Cheetah?

I personally don't think you're going to like Cheetah if you want a place to sit, relax and dance. That's because most of the people that do get a chance to sit don't get out of those sits all night. Also the music is very loud and you guys wouldn't be able to talk to each other. I think that one of the best lounges in New York is Venue. It's very trendy and the decor is very sexy. It’s got everything you are looking for. There are sofas all over so lots of places to sit and depending what room you sit in the music is never over bearing. Also down stairs is the dance floor where you can dance if you want. The only draw backs I can think of is that the crowd is a little stuffy and the dance floor is small. Anyway good luck on your decision-making.

Go to La Nouvelle Justine for a birthday party. We're celebrating this girl's b-day there this Friday. It's laid back with lotsa room to sit down, there are two separate rooms for dancing, and for excitement you can watch the fetish action or the crazy looking go-go's.

Thanks for the suggestions!

Hmmm...I'm not sure if La Nouvelle Justine would be their scene. I don't mind, but half of the people there are very conservative folks. Actually, I'm trying to liven and loosen them up. So I thought about bringing them to a moderate place.

Any good places around the Village, with a low to moderate cover charge?

Thanks again!