Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Ever have a piece of equipment that just wants to live forever?

My very first mixer from 1985 (Radio shack -dont laugh) just had its first problem. The lightbulb for the VU meters went out.

Otherwise this thing has worked perefctly ever since, I still keep it active as a pre amp full time.

Dam, and to think american made??? haha

anyone else?

I've got a clock that I assembled in 1989 that I still use on a daily basis and will never give up on. It's a Heathkit project.. anyone remember them back in the day? My doorbell at home is the same, no problems at all... its even programmable. All this when i was 9-10 years old. Memories :rolleyes:

I used to jam with these boys a few years back and they had asked me if I had anything to record what we were playing live. I showed up with a mid-70's JVC boombox and was laughed at unmercifully. Then when I played it back for them they realized that I wasn't kidding. I've since retired the old girl (we called her Betsy) and used her speakers for my old Karmann Ghia. In the end she was held together with tape, rubber bands were used on the cassette player motor, the computer board had holes drilled in it and wires soldered from one end to the other. The last time she broke down the fellows told me "Crack, just let her die. "