Clubplanet Nightlife Community

PvD, Bond & Avalon Review

What a weekend.

Got to boston around 10:30, checkinto the Hilton, got to avalon ~11 on Firday. The street was packed because of the stupid system avalon had of getting people in. No lines what so ever. Complete chaos. We luckly got in after 20minutes of dealing with the pushing&shoving. I have to say that I was fairly impressed with the place. Nice sized club with a decent sound system. I just couldnt understand the whole 'little house on the dance floor' bit with a damn lighted Gnome in it. WTF?? It was taking up precious dance floor space. The place was ridicoulously packed I thought.

Anyway, I thought we had missed the beginning of PvD's 11:00 scheduled start. I guess he had problems getting there since he started to spin @ midnight. Damn, only 2 hrs of PvD I thought, that sucks. I am so used to his 7-8hr sets at Twilo that I felt sort of short changed. Well, I was wrong....although I would have loved to have stayed there for another few hours, by the time 2am rolled around, I was exhausted and completely covered in sweat. He was on. Great track selection from new to old. Two hours of pure bliss. I think the highlight of that night for me was when he dropped his remix of Blank&Jones' "CREAM". It was Fucking AWESOME!!!!!!!! Well, I must say 2 or 8hrs of PvD is all good. Doesnt matter how long he spins, he'll kick your ass no matter what. The best night I had since April @ Twilo.

Saturday, we came to avalon ~10:15 to beat the crowds. I have to admit, I did not feel any airconditioning on friday because it was so damn crowded but on saturday, I felt I had to move to keep warm! It was freezing in there. I actually got to walk around everywhere and see what the club had to offer outside the dancefloor. The guy who opened for scott bond was pretty decent. Nice housey beats, got me moving and warmed up for what Scott Bond had to bring. He came on ~11:00 or 11:30 can't remember exactly. I remember hearing him for the first time @ limelight's gatecrashers and thinking to myself, this guys is NICE! Well he definitely did not disappoint! He was awesome. Alot of uplifting, melodic trance mixed with some hard pounding tech trance. Needless to say, I was covered in sweat once again....never leaving the dance floor once. Its really too bad that the place closes down @ 2. The last song was stopped abruptly and was a real downer to a great night....

I think you may have missed something on Friday. Does the word 'blackout' ring a bell? Because the grid that Avalon was on failed and there was no power on til 11pm. Therefore the club didn't open til 11pm. That's why the line was so long. That's why it was so hot. The ac came on at 11 too. So there was no time to cool down the club before any guests arrived. perhaps that shed some light on some things for you.

As for the set PVD played, it was sick. He blew it up every 2 minutes or so. Something I'm not very used to from him. I thought the energy level of the crowd was insane and had a great time. I too thought that two hours wouldn't be enough but came out of there feeling contented.

To everyone I saw there, thanks for bringing our New York vibe with you. What an amazing night.

SK13

I missed the party, cuz I thought it was going to be a tease, but I will definitely be at the ULTRAWORLD PARTY @ THE DC ARMORY on November 24th. 2001. Van dyk will be there!!! It's going to be sick!!!! Especially cuz his new album is coming out in November also! woohooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!

-star (4elements)

p.s- how sick is that "out there" track. dopeeeeeee