Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Drug arrest at Hamptons nightclub..

Nothing major. Just thought someone would be interested in this story. What is the security like at Space? I guess we might see more undercovers in the Hamptons now. Who knows, only an idiot would sell in a club.

Drug arrest at Hamptons nightclub

(08/12/01) WATER MILL - A drug bust at a popular nightclub in the Hamptons has landed a Shirley man behind bars. Michael Chiovaro was arrested after cops say he sold ecstasy to an undercover officer inside Club Space in Water Mill.

Police say after Chiavaro was taken into custody, they found more ecstasy in his possession. They also found close to three hundred dollars in cash.

He's being held on four drug-related charges, and will be arraigned Monday.

Meanwhile, the case is being handed over to the State Liquor Authority because the bust was made inside a licensed nightclub.

http://www.news12.com/CDA/Articles/View/0,2049,5-5-17849-20,00.html

I was there. That must have been the idiot standing in the corner saying "x" to everyone that walked by him. How stupid is that. Five years ago, you could do that shit, but times have changed. I'm sure the cops observed tons of other shit going on that night as well. In this modern age of club and drug crackdowns, I'm surprised that Space could operate an afterhours in the first place.