Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Fuck Scot Project @ LL

I was sooooo psyched to see him, I fuckin love this guy. So I get an email last night, and it turns out that this is going to be another fuckin goth party! I was tricked into going to the last one, and I had a horrible fuckin time. I dont mind goth people, they do their thing and I do mine, but a goth party at LL with Scot Project??

Have noticed that none of the promoters on this board mentioned that? Same thing happened last time, some dj was booked and no one was told that it was a goth night. Another promoter scam to get people to come to their party.

It gets better, Check this out:

Lioke Entertainment presents...

XORVIA: BLACK

Friday August 17th, 2001 @

Limelight, 660 20th St. & 6th Ave. NYC

Main Floor (1st Realm):

Adam X

Scott Project

Rich Neale

Icon

VIP room, DRESS CODE A MUST!

Feitsh play equipment and performances

Insomnia

Rich Gone

Mythadrall

Krieg (radio-activity)

Rexx Arkana (Ritual)

Johanna Constantine (Ritual, Click & Drag)

Icy Coil (Synergy)

Plague (QXTs)

Details:

Guestlist (Mike Fford / Sir Alexai of MOTHER/LBV)

Gates @ 10pm-5am

18 to enter, 21 to drink

FREE for prodoms

$15 with Xorvia Silver or C7 membership, special guestlist.

$20 in advance

$25 without in dress

$40 out of dress code

The Guestlists for the Night:

DJ Jason's list

Xorvia

Ken Feet

Gomorrah

Master Steelow

Contempt

BOUND

SMack!

Vesago

DRESS CODE: Kings & Queens, pixies, extreme body modifications, animals

(equine,

lupine, feline & more), straight jackets, satyr horns, lamaia,

corsetry,

uniforms (except NYPD), medieval armor, chain mail, faeries,

angelic/demonic,

Asian, dark elves, Gigeresq, satanic priests, head to toe PVC or

LATEX!,

Artifacts by D'Drennan, Garo Sparo, Baroness, DeMask, Third

Millennium,

princess/prince gowns, ancient Egyptian, MUTANTS with SPIKES and

PIPES!,

Oriental, Medusa, ancient gods or goddesses, formal Victorian or

Elizabethan.

So there is a strict dress code also. Goth night is one thing, but you're telling me that if I dont DRESS like a freak, I have to pay $40 to get in???? Why wasnt that mentioned? Oh yeah, everyone on this board promotes for LL so they all get in for free anyway. I was coming down with 12 people and we were going to use someone's list, but apparently the only guestlists are the ones mentioned above.

The people throwing this party should be shot. I cant believe I almost turned down seeing Kimball Collins to pay $40 to see a freak show. I love Scot Project, but Ill save my 40 dollars and listen to his cd on the way to Sound Factory.

I am not a promoter, but i did work for the limelight for a long time....

this has happened before...

ill tell you one thing, many of the promoters probably have no clue this is even happening,so dont think they are shady.

two...the goths use a seperate entrance...so they pay different amounts, and stay mainly in the other rooms besides the main floor...

Scott Project is still the headliner,and he will play for most of the night(I dont know for sure, but the way they usually do it is he will play form like 1-3:30 or so).....Im still coming down wiht my crew, and gonna have a blast....these so called "goths" or "freaks" are the poeple that MADE NYC nitelife in the past...a little diversity never killed anyone....just go with your 12 friends, and stay were you feel most comfortable..with Scott Project there...a good portion of the main floor will be the people you see out every other night...Come by the meetup and say whats up....

later ...see everyone tomorrow night

-Andy

Thanks for the info Andy, I was having doubts myself because I too went to Limelight on a bad night. Back in February we went on a Thursday and it was hard hardcore, Rob Gee and Neophite if anyone is familiar. Completely different crowd and scene from what I was expecting. But you can't go wrong with Project, as long as the music is on key i'll be happy. And i'm sure that i'll be happy with Scot behind the tables. Otherwise i'll consider Cusick at SF and Bond and Roxy. We shall see, hope to see everyone at the meetup.

HAAAHAH yeah a long time like less than a year and he was a fucking receptionist. Tried to throw a party and got fucked when no one showed. HAHHAAH HELLO LANDSDOWN HAAHAHAH

LOVE THE RECEPTIONISTS

I loved what u said to Management I HAVE A DEGREE I SHOULD BE DOING MORE. YEAH GO DO IT YOUR FIRED HAHAHAH

Wait tell us how u quit, love that story.

I guess goths made up NYC nightlife, but I never saw pics of them at Studio 54 or Paradise Garage. But if you can make that statement I guess you can argue that neither of those clubs had any effect on NYC nightlife....I hope the party is good, and Project def kicks ass, but the last time this happened it was so uncomfortable being there. I spent 25 bucks to get, and I left 2 hours later.

To each his own, Im just pissed that I got my hopes up and now this happened. And I just wanted to let everyone else know what is happening, because Im sure Im not the only one who didnt know about this

yea i went to limelight last goth party that they....unaware that it was goin to b a goth party...i had a few drinks with my friends and then left after about 2 hrs......then we decided to go to factory and i had a blast...so the whole night was not a waste..only 2 hrs of it ....peace!

Originally posted by thetunnel

HAAAHAH yeah a long time like less than a year and he was a fucking receptionist. Tried to throw a party and got fucked when no one showed. HAHHAAH HELLO LANDSDOWN HAAHAHAH

LOVE THE RECEPTIONISTS

I loved what u said to Management I HAVE A DEGREE I SHOULD BE DOING MORE. YEAH GO DO IT YOUR FIRED HAHAHAH

Wait tell us how u quit, love that story.

I dont know who u are..but be a man/woman and say this to my face....

yea..at the end of when i was there i was doing reception..so for 2 months out of 9 i did that..thats great....the rest i was in the office

yea i did a party there , and it didnt do great..lets see..my first party i ever threw..people learn from there mistakes, and try to improve from there...

now Im doing 4-600 a week at my parties..NOONE comes out pulling 1000 a week for there first party...

but all of that is irelevent...

I posted saying that it will still be a good party...personally i Love the limelight , no matter what happened with my job.

did i offend you in any way? or is this just some kind of retaliation?

I never thought i made enemies while there, and tried to act like a responsible employee...

I dont know who you are...but if you really want to talk IM me, i have no problem speaking to you...unless you need to hide behind the name "thetunnel"

-A

You shouldn't avoid the party because there are going to be goths there. If you're not gonna go, say it's because of the unreasonable admission price which I see some of you mentioned. The goths aren't gonna crowd the dancefloor when Scott Project goes on, they're gonna stay in their rooms where they know the DJs and can dance to 'their' music. If any people from that scene are gonna come dance to Scott Project, it's gonna be the cyber-industrial kids who enjoy his music since a good amount of them are ex-ravers. But yeah, the price is a bit much. Even if I wasn't DJing at another joint Friday I still wouldn't hit up this party.

oh yea..and to Caution....

Im not going to lie and say Ive been in this scene for years and years....only about 3...

yes...Studio 54 and Paradise are institutions in NYC nightlife history...obviously NO i have never been to either...

My statement before was not worded correctly i assume... I did not mean that they "made"the scene, but i do feel many people other than the everyday clubgoers helped bring a different element to the clubs....I answered your post trying to help out..no I was not there last time, so i do not know for sure if it will be different. Hey if you want to go to SF then def. go...they are having sum great DJ's there...

I dont understand y everyone is jumpin down my throat..i was only tryin to help..guess next time Ill just keep my thoughts to myself

Originally posted by heretic909

"Non-goths" whatever, man. Shit, I saw you last week at Downtime bustin the eyeliner and fishnets. You're so goth your dog barks "Bauhaus". Hehe

hey, i thought you werent gonna tell anyone about that? (as i put my whips and chains back in the closet and fold up my leather pants)

Originally posted by az-tec

oh yea..and to Caution....

Im not going to lie and say Ive been in this scene for years and years....only about 3...

yes...Studio 54 and Paradise are institutions in NYC nightlife history...obviously NO i have never been to either...

My statement before was not worded correctly i assume... I did not mean that they "made"the scene, but i do feel many people other than the everyday clubgoers helped bring a different element to the clubs....I answered your post trying to help out..no I was not there last time, so i do not know for sure if it will be different. Hey if you want to go to SF then def. go...they are having sum great DJ's there...

I dont understand y everyone is jumpin down my throat..i was only tryin to help..guess next time Ill just keep my thoughts to myself

My bad, I didnt mean to jump down your throat. I see that this post has turned into people bashing you, thats totally not what I intended by posting. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, Im just pissed about this whole situation. Have fun, party safe.

So I have to pay $40 if I go dressed normally? Could someone confirm this? If that's the case I say FUCK THAT. I'm heading over to Roxy. Nothing against goths, I don't care who's in there, but I'm not going to pay $40 to see a dj spin for 2 hrs, especially when it was advertised to be $20 or $15, and Roxy is having a good party that same night too. I wasn't really sure where to go anyways. But damn I'm pissed. :mad:

OK hi, dancer/promoter from LL with a few lil' clarifications. 1) No, we didn't know it was a goth night before anyone else did 2) that should not stop you from going to the party, they don't bite, and Scot Project is going to be wildly awesome and 3) Gueslists are still open as normal, reduced cover as always, use Glitter's List at the door and it's like $15 or $20 depending.

NOW EVERYONE STOP WUSSIN AROUND AND WORRYING WHAT EVERYONE ELSE IS WEARIN, AND COME PARTY WITH DJSP!!!!!

(Jeez, it's supposed to be about the music, isn't it?)

Originally posted by vixenfoxxy

OK hi, dancer/promoter from LL with a few lil' clarifications. 1) No, we didn't know it was a goth night before anyone else did 2) that should not stop you from going to the party, they don't bite, and Scot Project is going to be wildly awesome and 3) Gueslists are still open as normal, reduced cover as always, use Glitter's List at the door and it's like $15 or $20 depending.

NOW EVERYONE STOP WUSSIN AROUND AND WORRYING WHAT EVERYONE ELSE IS WEARIN, AND COME PARTY WITH DJSP!!!!!

(Jeez, it's supposed to be about the music, isn't it?)

I just don't want a nice $40 surprise at the door. With the group I come with it won't be pleasant at all.

Originally posted by dzadza

I just don't want a nice $40 surprise at the door. With the group I come with it won't be pleasant at all.

True to that statement...its happened to me before. Plus I'm bringing sum LL newbies and goths around might freak them out...don't get me wrong, I love LL and sum of my best nites have been there but everything just took a turn to more shadier grounds..I dont know, I guess I gotta think about it 4 a bit

i hear ya... im bringin some people who dont really like the club scene to begin with... i have a feeling if they see a club full of freaky people <not that i have anything agst them> then its gonna freak them out..... and chances are theyll never wanna go again. dammit... why couldnt the night just be a normal one?! :mad:

Fuck Goth. That is some hardcore pussyhole shit.

Some of the stupidest, most pretentious, clueless fucking people I've ever met. I couldn't imagine going to a Goth party.

Save the roleplaying and the other worthless shit for the chatrooms. I knew of one Goth who actually took her bullshit so seriously, that she became part of a "vampire" crew. I asked her why, and she mentioned something about the darkness and the look, something about blood, and what not. Fucking Gothic pricks wouldn't know true darkness if it hit them in the fucking head. If true evil came knocking on their doors, they'd be running like a bunch of little kids. She also mentioned something about drinking blood. I am not sure if that is supposed to sound impressive.......but......wait until you drink someone's blood one day and become stricken with a serious bacterial infection. Then we will see how mortal and "unvampirish" you really are.

Hate to stereotype, but it's hard not to with such a ridiculous bunch of dumb asses......who actually take themselves seriously. :laugh:

And for those who wish to differentiate and clarify the different levels of Goth, I could give a flying fuck.

You're all retarded, blood drinker or not.

Originally posted by snapper

Mark your eyes with shoe polish like a raccon, wear black bed sheets around normal club gear, go through the "goth" entrance, and wash em off in the bathroom. Tada! Money saved!

if we go thru the goth entrance then we'll be payin $40!!! so i dont think thats a good idea

YO WTF, this night better not turn out bad, it's for my birthday, and I have like 25 people coming with me to Limelight, they're expecting an insane night (as am I) because I know how Scot Project can kick it. If this night gets fucked up I'm gonna like beat the shit outta everyone or something (ha yeah right) or I'll just damn Limelight to hell and trash talk the place for the rest of my life. I'm just gonna cry... =*(

I guess if everything bad does happen here at LL tonight that I'm bouncing over to Exit with everyone to meet up with another group of friends. Either way I'm having a good time tonight.

Besides, I agree with DJScotPhreak - There's no way in hell I'm missing my favorite DJ because of goths - I don't give a fuck about them as long as they don't bother me.

"We all forgot, what the future is, because we're all too

blind, to see what time it is.. the time is NOW..."

-Scot Project "X2"