Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Acosta/Level??? something is not right

clubboy1

I know everyone on this board is in love with george acosta, but, what is up with him now playing at Level? Level has almost never played trance music with the exception of this summer with padilla's remix tour. You have to wonder why Acosta jumped on padilla's recently pioneered path at Level rather than pave his own way somewhere else. money sure does strange things to people.

cant wait to see where else he's going to play in miami....

the miami dj scene is starting to bore me.

WORD UP!!

But then again, Level seems to be the most appropriate place for these types of events.. Its like the Webster Hall of NYC or Londons Hipodrome. Very cheezy tourist oriented.

Its like if I were visitin Miami and I was from Kansas I'd wanna go to that cool big place over at south beach and here soma that new Trance stuff, know wat i mean vern.... :laugh:

Most of Level's crowd on a given night (xcept for Fridays) is either tourists or the type that doesn't go out a lot. For all it's technical sophistication, I'm disappointed that Level doesn't bring good talent that often. It's a travesty that this whole week they've pretty much become dedicated to the Source awards. What a waste of a good venue. I remember when it actually took effort to get into level, now it's really a non-issue. I like big places, it's why I consider Level a damn shame on most nights. The whole theatrical element is cool, though...but do they even do that anymore? I kinda enjoyed the little plays and artsy dancing that they did at one point. Now it seems that every weekend it's "Pimps and Hos Part 10" or "So and So presents Ghetto Thug X"...the only decent parties there are the 54 parties and that Paradise Garage thing they did.

First, we are not all in love with Acosta....please son! And I dunno about Padilla paving the way. I think Padilla needed to freakin pay the bills and came up with the remix thing....and it has had some success. Im glad for Padilla there. And Shadow was going to go anyways.... so since dough boy lives in S. Florida he needs somewhere to make a buck locally.... But Acosta at LEVEL does have a weird ring to it. LEVEL to me is like some thing Universal Studios would do on South Beach. It must be a cool place to spin, so friggin huge + lights + sound etc.... I guess we will see what he does with the opportunity. Hopefully he won't :blown: it .

Acosta sucks he put me to sleep saturday night. He played two songs twice that night. I think that Acosta going to Level is messed up because he knows Padilla has his parties there and he stepping on Padilla's toes. I guess he doesn't value his friendship with Padilla.

Acosta if your reading this be a leader not a follower.

The same old GA always trying to do the same shit,get your own place you short crap do your stupid arm spread and wearing sunglasses in the club like and idiot. What,you saw how Level gets when the Remix has there parties there and now you just want to jump in and get all the props. same old short fat pig. that is alway at Latin America eating his face out.

keep touring maybe you'll find something:finger: :bigfinger

We're not sure if it's such a bad thing. Everyone complains that Level is cheesy, so they get a trance DJ that is popular with the 'real' clubbing crowd - are they not moving in the right direction?

The sound and light systems at Level are far better than Shadow's, and if GA can make his sets work in the venue then all the better for us right?

the .junkies.

cooljunkie_logo_box.gif

Originally posted by cooljunkie

We're not sure if it's such a bad thing. Everyone complains that Level is cheesy, so they get a trance DJ that is popular with the 'real' clubbing crowd - are they not moving in the right direction?

The sound and light systems at Level are far better than Shadow's, and if GA can make his sets work in the venue then all the better for us right?

the .junkies.

cooljunkie_logo_box.gif

regurgitated music irritates me. sometimes the obvious; is just not clear enough, to some people. to quote my fellow cp member meng "This town needs an enema!"

Laterz, sobeton

We agree that this town needs some new blood - maybe the clubs could consider following the lead of UK clubs, who will often use an up-and-coming DJ early in the night to give them a chance - with a view to a full set if they work well.

If anyone wants to send demos to us, we'll review them and give you some exposure on the site, and try to get the attention of some of the people booking the DJ's.

cheers,

the .junkies.

cooljunkie_logo_box.gif