Clubplanet Nightlife Community

who's in baltimore?

dmgreenz

Howdy. . .I just relocated from NYC back to baltimore. Anybody here ever hit the town in baltimore? All my clubbing and late night buddies are still up in NYC and I doubt I'll be able to convince them to come down here to party. So, I need to meetup with some locals for late nights out.

Let me know if you're out there. I come with references. ;-)

b-more doesn't have much to offer late nite wise...

only a couple places are open past 2:00...those being china room and paloma's...China Room has a new party called Frequency on the first friday of every month, it's a good time, mostly house/prog...

Paloma's sometimes has dj's or live acts and their late nite is kept low key...

Sonar and Shorty's just opened up in Canton. Sonar is pretty cool, and it was started by Lonnie Fisher (local dj)...they're actually getting some good talent there including LTJ Bukem in September...it's a little small, but good atmosphere...

Shorty's is more of a bar atmosphere but it was started to Charles Feelgood...he spins there each Wednesday night...def fun.

You'll just have to wait for Redwood Trust to open up here for a legit club atmosphere....woohoo PHAZON!!

Originally posted by superfli

You'll just have to wait for Redwood Trust to open up here for a legit club atmosphere....woohoo PHAZON!!

Do you know anything about that? It mentions the place on the Twilo/Phazon site, but I've never heard anything else about it. As for Baltimore, every other Thursday at Paradox there's Origin (which used to be Fever).

Thanks for the info. . .Very curious to see Redwood. I make it up to DC from time to time (prob this weekend), and there are a few decent places there. But, I still miss NYC. Just checked out Fluid in Philly last night, and that was a good kind of place. Small and intimate, not much of a sausagefest. ;-)

Went to Hippo with my girlfriend a few weeks ago on a friday. Thought I'd try it out. It was probably the lamest thing I've ever seen. The space was decent, but there were maybe 10 people in the clubside. I'm guessing that their big night is not friday. For those that have been, would you say it's somewhat straight friendly? or, is it pretty much a gay club?

Dude, Hippo is no doubt a straight up gay club.

I've never been to that homo fest, but I have friends who are frequent visitors. Supposedly the music is better than 1722's, but the crowd is 95% gay...

And you're right, their big night is a sat as far as I know.

Speaking of 1722, this upcoming Sat they're having some special party.

1722 N. Charles Street