Clubplanet Nightlife Community

the demise of 5

millele

so my buds and i went to 5 sat night for the second time since the new m3 parties began. and i've heard tom blondet 4 - 5 times before, normally a loungey-kinda of house guy, but he pleasantly surprised me at the opening m3 party 2 weeks ago w/ some hard progressive tunes. well, this past sat tom and then carl michaels played some wussy house that was a HUGE disappointment. after about an hour and a half, my buds and i decided to leave - we'd rather hear my buddy spin at my apt than stay any longer at 5.

in short, the FUN BOX at 5 has died (sorry eggy) - RIP. :(:(:(

Originally posted by millele

so my buds and i went to 5 sat night for the second time since the new m3 parties began. and i've heard tom blondet 4 - 5 times before, normally a loungey-kinda of house guy, but he pleasantly surprised me at the opening m3 party 2 weeks ago w/ some hard progressive tunes. well, this past sat tom and then carl michaels played some wussy house that was a HUGE disappointment. after about an hour and a half, my buds and i decided to leave - we'd rather hear my buddy spin at my apt than stay any longer at 5.

in short, the FUN BOX at 5 has died (sorry eggy) - RIP. :(:(:(

i was there and i concur about the music. uninspired noise with some painful mixing skills. and does it always close at 3.30 or did they just say - enough!

anyway, i don't think this party is dead. the first week was *on* music wise (loved the early on deep house tunes) and i am digging the relaxed dress. plus, with doc martin in a few weeks, the future looks pretty darn cool...just have to get past this weekends crap.

just my thoughts...

daniel

Originally posted by millele

hahaha - shady was :goofy::goofy::goofy::goofy::goofy:

Yeah, we named the corner of the Blue Room the 'Looney Bin'. I had about as much sense as a 3 year old. I couldn't go to the bar to get a drink because I was afraid of the bartender, and I couldn't go to the bathroom cause I was afraid of getting lost.

So there you go, maybe there's no Fun Box, but you always got the Looney Bin.