Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Anyone want to hit Vinyl on Firday?

there may be a good chance that i hit up vinyl along with all u guys. i dont know what time but i would be cool to meet some new people. we should make a cp corner of the club. so we can be likw the cp mafia or something. ok that was gay. well maybe ill see u guys out there. late

Vinyl is a small intimate space, almost like going to hear DT spin in his basement. There's the cool down room in the back, a decent size floor, the upper bar, and the VIP room. That's about it, no secret rooms or multiple levels.

As for dressing to impress and looking down on those who don't - that's pretty pathetic considering the party is "Be Yourself." There is no dress code, because some people are not the dress-up types. Fine. Look how you want! As for the "raver" vs. "clubber" comment, ummmm.... Danny's law is NO GLOWSTICKS. What more need be said about the crowd?

As for the 4:20 meetup - make sure that's the time, and not the activity. You WILL get tossed, along with those around you, for that. No questions asked. The space is too small to hide a crowd in a cloud. There's a pretty strict pat-down at the door, so be careful how you party. Danny likes his job, and doesn't want the building inspector coming around ;)

And finally, yeah, this old fart remembers D-Tour @ Tunnel... Clubzilla @ Limelight, DT @ Roxy, DT @ Twilo, and was a weekly regular @ Vinyl for a while. Spoke to a couple of other old regulars who went back to check it out... and they weren't happy. Things have changed, Danny's still Danny, but the party has gotten sad. The friendly gay crowd has been supplanted my a predominantly straight one, the marketing crews have taken over, and the faces who made the party are off to make others.

It's still a good night, and Danny is a great DJ, and Vinyl is a fun dirty little joint, but I won't stop by to say hi.

ichi.

well, I'm all up for people's opinions and YES things have changed but quit being so negative.......I can't stand it when people have petty arguments on here I don't give a flying F*** what anyone wears... I don't care what drugs you do (as long as you are discreet and safe so you don't cause negative backlashes on the places I love)...I don't care who you screw in the bathroom (because you should always hover over public toilets anyway lol) SO JUST CHILL I MISS TWILO BUT DO I DWELL BECAUSE NOTHING IS THE SAME-----IF YOU AREN"T GOING TO COME DON"T BRING NEGATIVITY ON EVERYONE ELSE!

sorry I had to vent....everyone keeps talking about the way things used to be......the only thing we can do is make friends and try to create a safe, loving atmosphere again.......and support the DJs we love no matter where they are forced to move their residency to.......

Be happy!

Originally posted by snoozi8

SO JUST CHILL she says, mid-rant, I MISS TWILO BUT DO I DWELL BECAUSE NOTHING IS THE SAME-----IF YOU AREN"T GOING TO COME DON"T BRING NEGATIVITY ON EVERYONE ELSE!

I gave answers to questions asked, and then made my observations from my perspective. Did I tell anyone "don't go becuase it has changed?" NO. I said I wouldn't be there for that reason. Pull your head out of your ass, dear, I noted no dress code, i noted high security with low tolerance, and described the layout of the place. These do not make negativity, they are facts of the Vinyl nightclub and the Be Yourself party. I could give a shit if anyone wants to smoke up there, but the guys working there care. And they toss people for smoking up. That's a fact, that's not negativity. I put that in there as a caution to people, so they don't get booted out onto the street after paying their cover, only to end up having a miserable night because of it. I apologize for having legitimate consideration from all aspects of this particular club,m instead of just being "oh lovey lovey lovey, it's so wonderful no matter what." Realistically, there are things people should know going in.

I support the hell out of Danny, and have for years. Those who have decided to suck his ass lately, though, I have issues with. Those are my own issues between myself and them, and I don't express anything specific here. I never said it's not a good party, or great music spun by a great DJ, or said anything negative in that light. If you twisted my words in that direction, that is wholly your OWN negativity coming out. When I said the party has gotten sad, that's not the same as BAD. I mean there are no longer the queens in the crowd; the guys who could clear an area of the floor just because they were that good at dancing, and people appreciated it, they have moved on; the colorful regulars who would know you by name, even when they were bigger names themselves are at other parties also. The people were the color, the atmosphere, etc. of a truly loving party; the color now comes from pretty lights and fresh paint, and different furniture. Now it is a good party, where vinyl, DT, and Be Yourself merchandise is sold, and some of NY's best house music can be heard. Now, Vinyl is Twilo-esque. It's not bad, it's generic. That's all.

I AM happy, because I have moved on, too! Sorry you're so angry because you're a couple years behind... :zzz:

ichi

No doubt!!!! the party has changed...and the Johnnies are Shining out amongst us regulars...

However they need to get Educated...The Johnnies have no clue about Quality muzik..they understand Danny now for the Name..

Which is Great!!!!!

if Danny can continue to make a mark with his muzik the way he has...it will influence future muzik..

which is great for those of us who love the underground.

and not the wack radio and cheeze sound that most cluber desire!!!

Vinly tomorrow...

Kill

Originally posted by eviljav666

No doubt!!!! the party has changed...and the Johnnies are Shining out amongst us regulars...

Vinly tomorrow...

Kill

let the johnnies shine on. and hehehehe, was vinly a typo or on purpose? i must know if you know.... oh there is so much known by so few about that place. hoj cast-offs and pharmacy dregs can not tear down the music!

ichi :rainbow:

snoozi8...is dt definatly spinnin friday...i go by train too and like 4 weeks ago i get there and he ain't spinnin...the vibe was completly off...i'll be chillin on the first speaker to the dancin til my legs cant take no mo

vision

vinyl + being yourself + dt

what more could you ask for? i've always loved this place even if i need to chug a couple of drinks before i enter. i remember reading somehwere the write up for friday vinyl: it said, leave your attitude at the door.

no dress code = no attitude

music is the answer.

cheers,

db

""And finally, yeah, this old fart remembers D-Tour @ Tunnel... Clubzilla @ Limelight, DT @ Roxy, DT @ Twilo, and was a weekly regular @ Vinyl for a while. Spoke to a couple of other old regulars who went back to check it out... and they weren't happy. Things have changed, Danny's still Danny, but the party has gotten sad. The friendly gay crowd has been supplanted my a predominantly straight one, the marketing crews have taken over, and the faces who made the party are off to make others.

Oh...and you won't stop by to say hi.....

I'm sorry if I took it the wrong way....Yes you did answer a lot of questions for people but I thought at the same time, and with a whole lot of uncalled for attitude, you put the club down....well, we didn't get to experience what you did---all we can do is take what's been left for us and make it into the best we can....so next time please ----don't be sarcastic and talk about something as if "it's just not worth your time" because some of us are trying to enjoy ourselves...

I hope one day there is a rebirth and I can experience what you did (I have heard many older friends' stories) but we have to talk about the positive things now, not what happened then that makes no where worth our time now...just makes it sound so bad.....I'm trying to keep up the moral here :)

thanks for actually responding to that--:)

WHOO sorry about the seriousness......k......time to chat about FUN THINGS.....you know, I just got rid of all the drama in my life and I just want to enjoy myself at the clubs..

soooooooooooooooooooooooo....great to see everyone is going, I figure at least this way here if we're squooshed in the lounge we can just lap it because we'll know each other hehehe just kidding.......

I have no clue what I'm wearing but I'll be on the lookout for everyone else...where should we meet...in the lounge or by the DJ booth or by the bar (near the dj booth/vip lounge)...? where would you guys prefer...?

I might be coming from swing lessons or right from the train from NJ but whatever the case I'll be in by 2 am (as long as there isn't a monster line)......I'll come on here later to tell you all what I will look like, please if you think it's me say something because I'm really shy before I meet someone :)

Now that I've written another NOVEL lol if anyone can IM I have aol---it's Snoozi8 can't wait to meet you all :)