Clubplanet Nightlife Community

What do you love about electronic music?

I have to say I'm in love with THE BEAT!! I love it because it is so beat driven, especially house, not draper hard house, but more tenaglia/vasquez tribal house. I'm so fascinated by the way you have the beat going and you can take any sound and try to make it part of the rythem, just add another aspect of it. I mean you can have any sound and find a place for it in the beat. And when that sound is in the perfect spot in the beat it just makes you wanna move to it and thats what gets people to dance. And thats what Tenaglia is sooo good at. He's a fuckin genious. He can take any sound and add it to the beat and find the perfect spot for it and every part of the beat is in total perfection, you hear the music and you can't think of a better way to fit anything into that rythem. If you accually think to yourself when you zoom in on one detail of the beat, what kind of fuckin genious you have to be to think of putting that exact sound in that exact part of the beat, it all fits so perfectly and there probably couldnt have been any better way to do it. Most people take for granted, how detailed and perfect tenaglias beats are, but when you think about how hard it was to figure it all out what sound to put where. It all comes down to talent, he knows exactly how to get people to move. I can't put it any other way then ingeniousness.

So thats what I love about music, mainly tenaglias music but it goes for everything else too, i just think he's the best at it.

i love how the music has the ability to draw the crowd and energize them......when a really phat beat comes on and you just see the people explode and start jumping around......i love the hard bass lines.......

house music just has this overall mood to it that puts people into a good mood and a good vibe......

The best element for me in house is the layering effects. You take one song; folk, rock, blues, jazz...what have you...and add a beat, take away an instrument, deepen/lengthen/speedup/slow down/fade songs together...and you have a whole new twist on the original lyrics and feel of the song. It is an all encompasing genre. The beat just translates how I feel/or dictates how I feel...who knows...thats up for grabs.

It's the adrenaline rush you feel as the music consumes you and everyone else on the floor. It's all about the energy. Just imagine if they played Michael Jackson records all night at SF. Exactly, it would totally blow because it just doesn't have the same energy that electronic music gives off. :square:

Wat Do i like about electronic music..hmmmm..I say i like it because its a new type of sound I never heard in music...like the bassline..the buildup. I also love the mood it puts u in. for instance If you hear Hard house it gets u pumped. Trance it puts u at peace. Disco house/funk house puts u in a jumpy fun mood. All in all what I love about electronic music is it brings us all together. All races are into the electronic music. Unlike some music...(No offense to any1) Heavy metal usually white peeps like it. Rap- Blacks Reggae-usally blacks. Electronice music=Unity

Originally posted by jesx81

Wat Do i like about electronic music..hmmmm..I say i like it because its a new type of sound I never heard in music...like the bassline..the buildup. I also love the mood it puts u in. for instance If you hear Hard house it gets u pumped. Trance it puts u at peace. Disco house/funk house puts u in a jumpy fun mood. All in all what I love about electronic music is it brings us all together. All races are into the electronic music. Unlike some music...(No offense to any1) Heavy metal usually white peeps like it. Rap- Blacks Reggae-usally blacks. Electronice music=Unity

bro, you need to seriously pay attention to who's listening to rap......

simply this:

how's is SO UNLIKE

run-of-the-mill-why-won't-it-just-die-already

F***ING GUITAR-POP BULLS**T...

it's how i got into electro/techno/ambient in the first place.

it was a way to distinguish myself from the mindless

worshippers of pearl jam, nirvana, and soundgarden.

all good bands, mind you, but no band is good enough

to use as a basis for your WHOLE LIFESTYLE.

i'd have to say from the progresive trance point of view, are the emotions that the songs can make you feel, and the journey that begins with each dj's set...any great dj should aim for a journey to lead you on, and the great one's do it the best...it's like a roller coaster that tkae's you from the low to high, and drops you like a rocket into pounding turns and cork screws...the feeling of ecstacy (without needing the chemical form) and energy as the the crowd goes crazy after an intense mix :o , and the feeling of goosebumps growing on you when you look back on it after it has completed and just wanting to repeat the scenario again and again and again...these can be rare, but once found, are like a key to a new universe that last until the needle is lifted and the music stops...may the greats live on and continue promoting their travel agencies...

if anyone is interested in experiencing any thing like this, keep your eyes peeled for dj tiësto comin to ny in september on the 13th and 14th...i have no idea on venues yet, but if anyone finds them before me, PLEASE post them...tiësto is the greatest!!!!